Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #51
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,466 Times in 3,546 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Season over

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
8-8? I'm having a very difficult time finding 6 wins here.

@Cincy
Wash
@NYG
KC
Balt
@Cle
@Balt
SD
@Dal
Cin
Cle
split with cincy, winning the home game
sweep cleveland (well, maybe)
win KC, Wash

and well, I don't know. I guess that makes it 7-9

who knows, they may have made themselves look bad enough to the point one of those better teams could drop one in a trap game.

vs dallas it's always possible romo has one of those games where he throws 5 picks lol. then again maybe not. against our secondary if he has one of those games, we'll have 7 passes defensed and maybe 1 INT cause our db's can't catch
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #52
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Cal me crazy, I'm stickin' to my 12-4 prediction.

Crazier things have happened.

Now back to my rubber-room.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #53
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,807 Times in 6,075 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVABE View Post
okay, you're crazy...
Old 10-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #54
SteelWarrior69
Water Boy

Member Number: 20531

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVABE View Post

Crazier things have happened.

Now back to my rubber-room.
Even if the refs wore black and gold this year we wouldn't have 12 wins
SteelWarrior69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #55
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

All 3 losses were 4th quarter losses and 1 of the wins. The only game that didn't come down to the 4th Q was the Jets. You could flip a coin each week and come as close as anyone as to whether this team will win or lose. I say they still finish 8-8 or 9-7, but it could go wrong and I wouldn't be surprised at 6-10 either. Any worse than that and I would be a little surprised.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #56
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,139 Times in 542 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

I think 10-6 with maybe a WC spot but not particularly likely. I think we lose to Cincinnati once, at Baltimore once, and New York. Call me crazy but I think we win the rest of our games outside of those. We get a Washington team just as injury decimated as we are, a Browns team that simply doesn't have the talent, San Diego at home which we should be able to pull out, Dallas in December when they always underachieve...I think we pull out the win against Baltimore at home on Sunday night and we can definitely beat Cincy at least once if not twice.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:24 AM   #57
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I still say we'll go 12-4 again, and I'll enjoy the season and that's all that really matters.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:01 AM   #58
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

This is the OVER REACTION thread. Just like ESPN's overreaction Monday spot the have on one of the NFL shows they have.
Most games in the NFL comedown to 2 or 3 plays that determine the outcome.

Against the Titans here is my few plays

1st drive of the game, Wallace drops a ball he should've caught in the end zone, we settle for a field goal (-4 Points)

Blocked punt, giving the Titans the ball at our 1.

Up 23 - 16 Tennessee is on the game tying drive, Keenan Lewis drops a sure pic (reminds me of the 09 raiders game when Burnet dropped a sure pic on the Raiders winning drive) that now is another -7 points (btw if he makes this pic we are saying the defense played well, only allowing 1td after a blocked kick)

Game Tied, Ryan Clark drops a pic on a great effort (no blameing him it would have been a tough play, Just one of those plays we made in 05, 08, 10)

The ridicules decision to kick a 54 yard field goal with 55 seconds left, knowing a miss is likely the kiss of death. That was , IMO, panic coaching.

I said it before the first 6 games were going to be tough because of the travel. I felt if we made it through 4-2 or 3-3 we would be ok. Injuries are not accounted for but they happen.

I will say this though, Tomlin needs to take Ike and sit his ass on the bench. his two or three PI or defensive holding enalties every game are killing us, not to mention his poor coverage. Start Cortez Allen in that spot, mae Ike the dime DB. When Cowher did that to Ike, it made Ike a much better player, needs to happen again.

I predict no worse than 10-6 and a playoff berth.

BTW I know that more than 3 or 3 but you get the idea.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #59
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
This is the OVER REACTION thread. Just like ESPN's overreaction Monday spot the have on one of the NFL shows they have.

1st drive of the game, Wallace drops a ball he should've caught in the end zone, we settle for a field goal (-4 Points)

Up 23 - 16 Tennessee is on the game tying drive, Keenan Lewis drops a sure pic (reminds me of the 09 raiders game when Burnet dropped a sure pic on the Raiders winning drive) that now is another -7 points (btw if he makes this pic we are saying the defense played well, only allowing 1td after a blocked kick)

Game Tied, Ryan Clark drops a pic on a great effort (no blameing him it would have been a tough play, Just one of those plays we made in 05, 08, 10)

The ridicules decision to kick a 54 yard field goal with 55 seconds left, knowing a miss is likely the kiss of death. That was , IMO, panic coaching.

I said it before the first 6 games were going to be tough because of the travel. I felt if we made it through 4-2 or 3-3 we would be ok. Injuries are not accounted for but they happen.

I will say this though, Tomlin needs to take Ike and sit his ass on the bench. his two or three PI or defensive holding enalties every game are killing us, not to mention his poor coverage. Start Cortez Allen in that spot, mae Ike the dime DB. When Cowher did that to Ike, it made Ike a much better player, needs to happen again.

Are you talking about in 2006 when Cowher benched Taylor for consistently poor play? I remember he never got his groove back until 2007, when Tomlin took over. Benching Taylor looks good to some, but is there a realistic replacement for him?, I know people love hyperbole and will claim that their obese FUPA rocking grandmas couldn't do worse than Taylor, but that's stuff and nonsense. Furthermore, benching Taylor may not have the effect some think it will. Like it or not, Taylor is our best option as a starting CB, we need to get better play out of him, not demoralize him even more while watching a replacement fail even worse.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #60
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post

So other than consistently bad play and bad decisions, we're fine? And you're only pointing to game changing plays we can't make. Feel free to list out all of that stiff Hasslebeck's easy completions, or the struggling Chris Johnson's gashes of our defense on a routine basis.

A good team blows out Tennessee, it doesn't need to "find a way to win" against what everyone thought was the worst team in football.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote