Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #31
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Ike Taylor Sucks Pt2

Millers the sh!t: they are huddled up trying to spin it in a positive light. Give them time...They have been working on it for 3 weeks now.

Soon they will say he has only given up 200 yards to wr's in 5 games. Least they will forget to mention the 350 yards in penalties. The td's, the crucial tds in crunch time.

But hey, we should be supported as we don't want the soon to be gone Mendehal to get pissed off at the fans.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #32
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,856 Times in 5,698 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
Kennan Lewis stated he would be in the pro bowl this year!! What a joke!! Our secondary is terrible and Troy being out does not make a difference!! Long year!!
Keenan Lewis is obviously delusional.

and I agree that right now our secondary is terrible.

but I disagree that Troy being out doesn't make a difference, Troy is so much better than Ryan Mundy and Will Allen.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #33
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Taylor counts $9M against the cap next year.

Well, if your quote is correct, Ike Taylor will not be with the Team next year, I gurantee you that! As a matter of fact, Casey Hampton, Larry Foote, and possibly James Harrison will not be back with the team next year. I'm going on record right now and say Troy and Mike Wallace might not be back as well.

And if Mike Tomlin doesn't get his head out of his A$$, he too might be on the hot seat. Going for a 54 yard FG with the way his defense played Thursday night? Are you kidding me? Going for a 4th down against the Eagles deep in your own territory? Granted, they made it, but if they hadn't made it, they could easily be 1-4 right now.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #34
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Well, let's look at the bright side, steeler may need a season like this to have reason to clear the roster, get some higher draft picks, etc. There is a nice young core, Steelers can rid themselves of dead weight and start over.

Dude, I totally agree with you; you can't stay at the top forever. The Steelers have had a nice run, this team needs some playmakers on Defense in the worst way. Those guys out there are as a whole, they are terrible!!!!!!!
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #35
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel95 View Post
Well, if your quote is correct, Ike Taylor will not be with the Team next year, I gurantee you that! As a matter of fact, Casey Hampton, Larry Foote, and possibly James Harrison will not be back with the team next year. I'm going on record right now and say Troy and Mike Wallace might not be back as well.

And if Mike Tomlin doesn't get his head out of his A$$, he too might be on the hot seat. Going for a 54 yard FG with the way his defense played Thursday night? Are you kidding me? Going for a 4th down against the Eagles deep in your own territory? Granted, they made it, but if they hadn't made it, they could easily be 1-4 right now.
Taylor isn't going anywhere. Because we sold our souls to cheat the salary cap and overpay so many "Stars", even if we cut Ike we'll still have to pay him like 4 mil for next year. They're not going to pay that kind of money and not have him doing something on field.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #36
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Right now Harrisson is one of the FEW Steelers playing 110%. So he may get a restructure, but if he can play solid D he isn;t going any place.

I disagree on Taylor's hit isn't the bad considering Taylors play. the 6million difference in a contract form IF we went via the FA market could be well spent.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #37
uclkyle
Water Boy

Member Number: 17560

I'm typically not in favor of dumping guys who have a $3.4 million dollar hit against the cap. But I believe Ike should have been cut after his performance last year in the playoffs. Look at kickers in the NFL, goalies in the NHL, relief pitchers in MLB. All can have very bad games at times. You gotta just cut them loose sometimes. I'm sure Ike can have a nice end to his career in another city. His time in the Burg was sealed after his dreadful performance last year.
uclkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #38
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,006 Times in 2,118 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclkyle View Post
I'm typically not in favor of dumping guys who have a $3.4 million dollar hit against the cap. But I believe Ike should have been cut after his performance last year in the playoffs. Look at kickers in the NFL, goalies in the NHL, relief pitchers in MLB. All can have very bad games at times. You gotta just cut them loose sometimes. I'm sure Ike can have a nice end to his career in another city. His time in the Burg was sealed after his dreadful performance last year.
Players don't get cut after ONE bad performance, especially considering he was one of the NFL's best EVERY game up until that point.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #39
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,856 Times in 5,698 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Players don't get cut after ONE bad performance, especially considering he was one of the NFL's best EVERY game up until that point.
that playoff loss against Denver and Demaryius Thomas last season and this game against the Titans were two horrible performances by Ike Taylor. if he has any more games like those two I would think the Steelers will be hard-pressed to pay him $9 million next season.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #40
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,085 Times in 515 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

I do think once Polamalu and Clark get to play an entire game together, the pass defense will improve tremendously. I do not think that said Polamalu will be anything close to what he was even two years ago.

I think, in his current state, he is a solid safety who will allow the rest of the secondary to be more comfortable in their roles in LeBeau's scheme and play well enough to hold it at least somewhat together, but not a dynamic playmaker making one handed interceptions and ridiculous tackles all over the field.

Ike sucks right now but at the same time I think it's a lot easier for him to be exposed with Mundy/Allen back there and Clark overwhelmed with the added responsibilities he takes on in Troy's absence.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote