Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,642 Times in 1,994 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Way to go Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
slashing-arm?

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #12
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

I dont wanna sound sick by saying im happy that the Ravens suffered so many key injuries today, because its not right to be happy when someone gets hurt(unless its terrell suggs lol), but those injuries are HUGE. This is something the Steelers need to capitalize on, Ratbirds may be 5-1 but losing their best CB and LB in one day is incredibly huge. I despise the Ravens in every way shape or form so i can't help but be a little happy when they suffer injuries. Couldnt happen to a better bunch of thugs LOL.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #13
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain5643 View Post
I dont wanna sound sick by saying im happy that the Ravens suffered so many key injuries today, because its not right to be happy when someone gets hurt(unless its terrell suggs lol), but those injuries are HUGE. This is something the Steelers need to capitalize on, Ratbirds may be 5-1 but losing their best CB and LB in one day is incredibly huge. I despise the Ravens in every way shape or form so i can't help but be a little happy when they suffer injuries. Couldnt happen to a better bunch of thugs LOL.
Says a fan of the team that has the first player to ever be suspended for repeated helmet to helmet head hunting on their team.....

This is obviously a huge blow to the Ravens. Our only hope at this point is for Suggs to come back and fill in some of the holes. But with a terrible run defense, now a shakey CB situation and little to no pressure on the QB, it will fall on the offense to simply out score the other team. Not ideal for sure. Thanfully the rest of the AFC north has been struggling, but I don't forsee that lasting.

Interesting to see how this plays out in the next couple weeks.....
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #14
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Test confirms Lardarius Webb tore his ACL

Ravens cornerback Lardarius Webb is out for the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

A magnetic resonance imaging exam today confirmed the initial diagnosis.

Webb shredded his knee during the first quarter of a 31-29 win over the Dallas Cowboys.

Webb was signed to a $50 million contract during the offseason.

Webb tore the ACL in his right knee as a rookie, returning to play the following season.

With Webb out, Jimmy Smith will start opposite Cary Williams.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...0,131906.story
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Well, at least the Ravens are on the same terms as us now with key injuries and a def that is a shell of its former self. Will make the division race a bit tighter now. After this weekends games there are no clear top teams IMHO, everybody has issues somewhere. Before i would gave said falcons, 49ers and houston, but two lost and the falcons almost lost to the raiders at full health! Going to be a good full season with playoff implications up to the rnd i think.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #16
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,169 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Says a fan of the team that has the first player to ever be suspended for repeated helmet to helmet head hunting on their team.....
More like suspended due to being targeted for refusing to kowtow to a megalomaniacal commissioner that has his head firmly up his ass and actually daring to call him out for being the douche that he is...
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
But with a terrible run defense, now a shakey CB situation and little to no pressure on the QB, it will fall on the offense to simply out score the other team. Not ideal for sure.
Welcome to our world where the offense needs to bail out a defense that has fallen on hard times - how times have changed

Unlike the Steelers, the Ravens actually have done that in the New England and Dallas games

Tough break with Ray Lewis - if it is a season ending injury, do you think the Ravens will pay him the $5 million due in 2013 if he can/wants to come back?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Lewis and Webb both gone for the season

The Baltimore Ravens improved to 5-1 on Sunday but lost way more than they gained as both linebacker Ray Lewis and cornerback Lardarius Webb will miss the remainder of the season, coach John Harbaugh confirmed Monday.

Lewis suffered a "full tear" of his triceps muscle, Harbaugh said while a torn ACL has ended Webb's year.

Webb banged his knee in a first-quarter collision with Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant. Webb remained prone on the field for several minutes before being helped to the sideline.

Meanwhile, Haloti Ngata, the team's best player on the defensive line, suffered a torn MCL in the victory, but is likely to play Sunday against the Texans, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...-ravens-season
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #19
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Lewis and Webb both gone for the season

The Baltimore Ravens improved to 5-1 on Sunday but lost way more than they gained as both linebacker Ray Lewis and cornerback Lardarius Webb will miss the remainder of the season, coach John Harbaugh confirmed Monday.

Lewis suffered a "full tear" of his triceps muscle, Harbaugh said while a torn ACL has ended Webb's year.

Webb banged his knee in a first-quarter collision with Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant. Webb remained prone on the field for several minutes before being helped to the sideline.

Meanwhile, Haloti Ngata, the team's best player on the defensive line, suffered a torn MCL in the victory, but is likely to play Sunday against the Texans, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...-ravens-season
Bye bye Ravens
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #20
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

"... dey didn't git mah shootin'-arm!!!"