Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Whoa people, don't panic yet!

So we'll beat the Bengals and lose to the Browns.

yay!
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #22
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
No panic yet.

But if we lose to Cincy next week, it's over - period!

Oddly enough, the fact that we have yet to play Baltimore actually makes it possible to still win the division if we can beat them twice and keep any other losses to a minimum.

But if we have any realistic hope of being a true playoff team, we HAVE to beat Cincy, KC, Washington and Baltimore in the coming weeks. A loss in any of those games would basically kill any chance for us being a REAL playoff team.
Exactly my thoughts!
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #23
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

It's worrying because Ike is terrible.

I would literally have my team throw the ball every single play to Ike Taylor, until they put 7 people with him. You know you're going to get a catch, PI, or a holding call every other play.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #24
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsheik22 View Post
It's worrying because Ike is terrible.

I would literally have my team throw the ball every single play to Ike Taylor, until they put 7 people with him. You know you're going to get a catch, PI, or a holding call every other play.
I would even throw his way on 4th down. What's the worst that could happen? That dude is blowing it big time. Put in Van Dyke and let's just see what he cam do.
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #25
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
preseason SB favorites packers and patriots have already lost 3 games, just like the steelers. nobody is throwing in the towel on them yet. many steelerfans have already tossed in the terrible towe and are now hoping to lose every game for a higher draft pick. these people call themselves "realists". i call them sell outs and quitters.

i will root for and expect my team to win every game until the bitter end. the sellout quitters say i wear black and gold color glasses.

when in reality, i wear a steelers jersey and wave my terrible towel proudly. **** the panicing pattys.

Couldn't agree more. Yes, we are 2-3, and an ugly 2-3 at that. But look at, for instance, the Giants last season. They looked awful at points during the season, losing to Seattle at home and being 7-7 after 14 games. Their defense looked just as bad as ours does, if not worse, and we know how our season ended up. I can't stand the pessimism from so many fans. Let's see what happens this week, and if we lose, then maybe its time to press the panic button a little at 2-4, but until then we're only a game away from being .500 and right in the thick of things in whats shaping up to be a very mediocre AFC.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LayingTheWoodley56 For This Useful Post:
Rick5895 (10-15-2012)
Old 10-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #26
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897
My Mood: Cynical

I hate when they suck, but I still enjoy the game. Heck it's more than a game, it's food beer friends sometimes a loss. But it is a time every fall that we plan around Sunday afternoons (I hate the Thursday games). If the games are bothering you that much get more beer and better friends. :) The coaches and players will figure it out.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #27
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardlad View Post
I hate when they suck, but I still enjoy the game. Heck it's more than a game, it's food beer friends sometimes a loss. But it is a time every fall that we plan around Sunday afternoons (I hate the Thursday games). If the games are bothering you that much get more beer and better friends. :) The coaches and players will figure it out.
I can 2nd that! **** IT....GO STEELERS!!!!
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #28
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

I have a very very good feeling that we will beat the bungles this weekend, I'm not sure about this but i really can not remember the last time we lost to them, we must have swept them the last 2 years at least
Old 10-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #29
Steeler-in-West
Water Boy

Member Number: 24048

No, the season is over unless the following happens

1. Running game comes back, O-line can stabilize and block and Medenhall can hit the holes with power and speed. He's the only one who can do this effectively, Redman is too slow

2. Consistent pressure on opposing QB's, need Harrison and Woodley healthy and getting to the QB consistently, we need Troy healthy and back (good luck to us on that). If only Spence were also available

3. Stuff the run like we used to, the LB's need to plug the gaps: Mr's Woodley, Timmons, and Worilds, Troy also need to step up, That Titan RB should've been held to 60 yards max

We basically need to control the line of scrimmage on both sides with Mendenhall and Troy coming back healthy,

too many injuries and age have exposed us, and Tomlin needs to make better decisions in crucial game situations - it cost us the titan game
Steeler-in-West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #30
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,509 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky

It's always darkest before the dawn. That is all.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote