Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #31
steelfan23

Member Number:
Default Re: Troy P. sickens me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokki View Post
I fail to see how Troy's hair has kept him from winning a 3rd Super Bowl. I'll have to go back and watch the last one with the Packers and see how many times he tripped over his hair or that is hair was flagged for a PI or holding call.

I'll just leave this here. It about sums up the OP.

hey moron, try reading some news and this post before putting in your crap response. He was asked if he would be willing to cut his hair if it meant the Steelers won the SB and he said no. If you are cool with that than good for you.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #32
steelfan23

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
This thread delivers.

Seriously, let me clarify so there is no misunderstanding. The road to the Super Bowl for the Pittsburgh Steelers does not go through Troy Polamalu's hair. The question posed to Troy is as ridiculous as your original post. Even if the Steelers would get to the Super Bowl, a win or loss at the big dance has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Troy cuts his hair.

You said to flame away, so I did. So now you have a problem with that?
I said flame away because this board is full of people with questionable intelligence who can't take the time to understand the issue at hand. Let me explain for the ones that need it. Nobody is saying his hair has anything to do with his play on the field or actually winning a SB. The reporter asked the man if he would sacrifice his head of hair if that meant Steelers would win the SB. He said no. I have a huge problem with that. The fact that most of you don't is laughable and you should root for another team if you don't care if your favorite football players don't care about winning anymore. It's his attitude, not his friggin hair you people. Wow!
Old 10-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #33
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Troy's play is reckless, and unlike Ben, he has NO ONE to protect him, and his life in the NFL won't be extended. I think, barring a huge breakout year for him, he's done.
I agree with this.

I've always seen Troy as a talent for which there seems to be no defined application.
It's like some neat looking gizmo you find at a garage sale; it sure looks like it's useful, but you just can't quite figure out just what that use might be.

I think he tends to be too fast for his own good and unless he takes dead aim on someone, he often misses tackles completely. I think allowing him to just roam around is a waste of his talent and his role should have been more specifically defined.

I don't dislike him at all and like many people I am somewhat awed by his quickness and agility. I just wish I knew exactly what it is he's supposed to be doing.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #34
steelfan23

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
Well thankyou for clearing up why aren't playing well on D. Here I thought it was because we weren't making the neccesary plays , collectively as a defense. I was wrong, It's all Troys fault, because he won't cut his hair to win!!??
Geez!!!
just dumb. can't believe how f'ing stupid people are on this board. idiots all of you
Old 10-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #35
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

you need to understand that the fans usually care more about winning than the players do
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #36
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

All about priorities. If I have 2 SB rings, and I can have a 3rd if I just mess up my multi-million dollar endorsement deals...well, it's not a hard choice. That 3rd ring would be nice and all, but it isn't going to put the kids through college.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #37
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 6,731 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfan23 View Post
just dumb. can't believe how f'ing stupid people are on this board. idiots all of you
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #38
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,431 Posts

Bottom line here: There's those who bitch and moan, and there's those who bitch and moan CONSTANTLY. It's people like this that VANISH when the Steelers win a game. Bitching and moaning is fine. ****, we all deserve to be a little angry with how the guys have played, but that's not the problem here. The problem is that some people only know how to bitch. They're not capable of being happy with the team, and because we're a big board, there's a higher frequency of said members getting their asses roasted by our very own Toe Knee's Hips Chest.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #39
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,114 Times in 3,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
you need to understand that the fans usually care more about winning than the players do
I'm not sure if that's it exactly. Players want to win, but they also make a living at it. Troy was asked a stupid question and he gave an answer.

I'm guessing this guy who has a problem with Troy's answer is a lot like Deniro in the movie the Fan. Probably isn't cool enough to like the Stones though.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #40
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,828 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post

I don't dislike him at all and like many people I am somewhat awed by his quickness and agility. I just wish I knew exactly what it is he's supposed to be doing.
so do opposing quarterbacks. its the steelers secret and theyre not telling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Bottom line here: There's those who bitch and moan, and there's those who bitch and moan CONSTANTLY. It's people like this that VANISH when the Steelers win a game. Bitching and moaning is fine. ****, we all deserve to be a little angry with how the guys have played, but that's not the problem here. The problem is that some people only know how to bitch. They're not capable of being happy with the team, and because we're a big board, there's a higher frequency of said members getting their asses roasted by our very own Toe Knee's Hips Chest.
eggzacklee, bayz.

if members are going to constantly post and act like bungle or brownfan trolls, i will react accordingly and treat them as such.