Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,480 Times in 7,385 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: To members of this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
One thing that's for sure: If we're not on fire going into the playoff's, we'll be out in the first round.
True.

Around January...

...The Colon will be far more comfortable at LG... DD will be back... Mendenspin will be healthy... and Rainey will have found his niche. Likewise... Troy should be back... and, Woodley will be healthy.

Just in time for the play-offs!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
True.

Around January...

...The Colon will be far more comfortable at LG... DD will be back... Mendenspin will be healthy... and Rainey will have found his niche. Likewise... Troy should be back... and, Woodley will be healthy.

Just in time for the play-offs!!!
in time for gilbert to get healthy and re-injure our starting OL. i kid, i kid
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,479 Times in 773 Posts
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
a true fan always supports their team

but, believing in something that is highly unlikely is just blind faith. I'm a Steeler fan for life, but you won't hear me saying 'Ive got a feeling Pittsburgh's going to the super bowl!', right after losing to the raiders and titans

I'm with you. Those were two very bad losses.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #14
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000

Still very much in playoff race.

Why?

Only two teams in the AFC have fewer than 3 loses which are the texans and ravens. The other teams with 3 loses are the pats, chargers, broncos, jets, colts, Miami, bengals, and the bills.

As of right now the chargers and jets would be the wildcard teams with the texans, ravens, pats, and broncos being the division winners.

We arent in such bad shape as everyone says we are.

The chargers always fall apart at the end of the year and we play them this year so that game will be critical.

AFC East has 4 teams with 3 loses-We beat the jets already and they have lost revis for the year, they also should fall off towards the end.- The bills and miami shouldnt end up better than 8-8 so I believe you dont need to worry about those teams as the pats should win the division and roll over those teams.

The bengals games are critical as well they are the one number team we must make sure we stay ahead of.
If we can beat the bengals both times and take 1 game from the ravens, and beat the chargers then we should be in good shape seeing that (if and when) we can handle the other teams that stand in our way like the cowboys, browns, and a few others.

Keep the faith steeler nation!
WokeUpWithaWoodley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
in time for gilbert to get healthy and re-injure our starting OL. i kid, i kid
I almost wrote that, at the end... but, decided not to jinx it.

Now, if that happens it's YOUR fault. Muh-ha-ha-ha.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeUpWithaWoodley View Post
Still very much in playoff race.

Why?

Only two teams in the AFC have fewer than 3 loses which are the texans and ravens. The other teams with 3 loses are the pats, chargers, broncos, jets, colts, Miami, bengals, and the bills.

As of right now the chargers and jets would be the wildcard teams with the texans, ravens, pats, and broncos being the division winners.

We arent in such bad shape as everyone says we are.

The chargers always fall apart at the end of the year and we play them this year so that game will be critical.

AFC East has 4 teams with 3 loses-We beat the jets already and they have lost revis for the year, they also should fall off towards the end.- The bills and miami shouldnt end up better than 8-8 so I believe you dont need to worry about those teams as the pats should win the division and roll over those teams.

The bengals games are critical as well they are the one number team we must make sure we stay ahead of.
If we can beat the bengals both times and take 1 game from the ravens, and beat the chargers then we should be in good shape seeing that (if and when) we can handle the other teams that stand in our way like the cowboys, browns, and a few others.

Keep the faith steeler nation!
That is EXACTLY what I've been saying, in bits & pieces, in several threads.

Thank you.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #17
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
a true fan always supports their team

but, believing in something that is highly unlikely is just blind faith. I'm a Steeler fan for life, but you won't hear me saying 'Ive got a feeling Pittsburgh's going to the super bowl!', right after losing to the raiders and titans

Hate it when blind homers say that those who accept reality are not "real fans". I haven't missed a game in 35 years.

Please don't say I'm not a real fan because I'm pessimistic about this year's team. I root for this team week in and week out, win or lose.

In fact, this is a really cheap, shitty attack meant to silence criticism, and it's, in fact, despicable.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #19
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post

Hate it when blind homers say that those who accept reality are not "real fans". I haven't missed a game in 35 years.

Please don't say I'm not a real fan because I'm pessimistic about this year's team. I root for this team week in and week out, win or lose.

In fact, this is a really cheap, shitty attack meant to silence criticism, and it's, in fact, despicable.
People have referred to you as "not a true fan."

You have called others "stupid & blind."

Sounds like the atmosphere (of mudslinging) has spilled over from the presidential debates.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #20
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

There are some homers here, and that's fine. There's also a big group who have very high demands on the performance of the team. Also fine. Everyone should be able to live their fan status however it works from them. TBH, for the forum to be fun we need both. Otherwise we'd have nothing but posts saying how great XYZ of the Steelers is, followed by 35 replies of "Yep!"...or the flip side, everyone would be in a big thread sobbing together until going in on a group buy for a pallet full of box cutters.

I try to be pretty moderate, but everyone has their ups and downs after losses...it is an emotional game. Gotta shake it off when the next game is coming up, though, and hope for the best. At the very least, have to store up some anger to scream at the TV if anything goes against us Sunday. No matter what our record at the end of the season, some truths will remain...

1) Cleveland Sucks

2) Baltimore had to buy the Browns just to get a team

3) The Bengals have more felons than we have healthy Offensive Lineman
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote