Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897
Default Onwards and Upwards: Bengals

A week should have been plenty of time to get all the ranting out. Time for some positives going into this weekends games.

1) Rainey was looking pretty good. Hope to see him used in some dynamic plays. He's elusive when he has the ball.

2) The Ravens are going to lose to Houston.

3) Harrison has been staying healthy since his return.

4) Timmons has been looking great since Harrison came back.

5) 3 and 4 means Dalton gets rattled.

6) Wallace showed a flash of his former self. Let's hope he wakes up and gets in gear.

7) The Browns still suck.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,104 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Onwards and Upwards: Bengals

As long as Haley's gameplan doesn't contain multiple screens like it did in Tenn, I believe we'll be fine.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Good job DarkStorm: Well Wallace showed a flash because Ben went deep, than never did it again, as we at the Steelers do not like to run up the score, lol I had to one more positive thing.

-------------------------------------------------
1) Rainey was looking pretty good. Hope to see him used in some dynamic plays. He's elusive when he has the ball.

2) The Ravens are going to lose to Houston.

3) Harrison has been staying healthy since his return.

4) Timmons has been looking great since Harrison came back.

5) 3 and 4 means Dalton gets rattled.

6) Wallace showed a flash of his former self. Let's hope he wakes up and gets in gear.

7) The Browns still suck.

8) Ike Taylor takes off his thong
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Bayz Bayz Bayz. Do you not know that the screens set up the run? Or is it the pass? I forget, but they must set up something. lol...
Those screens sucked, I sure hope they went over those in practice and explained to Wallace what a block is, than explained to Brown that you do NOT run into the back of your blocker, even if he isnt blocking anyone.
Obviously we need to take baby steps and talk sloooooooow to them with plenty of pictures to illustrate how to run aFing screen
Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,104 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Bayz Bayz Bayz. Do you not know that the screens set up the run? Or is it the pass? I forget, but they must set up something. lol...
Those screens sucked, I sure hope they went over those in practice and explained to Wallace what a block is, than explained to Brown that you do NOT run into the back of your blocker, even if he isnt blocking anyone.
Obviously we need to take baby steps and talk sloooooooow to them with plenty of pictures to illustrate how to run aFing screen
Every time Ben's throw leaves his hand on a screen, i'm already screaming "PICK!". It happened against Baltimore last year, too, and it's bound to happen again if we use it.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Ben will throw zero picks this week. Adams is going to man up, too, and seal his side of the line. My only concern is Ike, but once Dalton eats turf a few times, it'll be fine.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 24,355 Times in 9,869 Posts
My Mood: Dead

I'll add a list:

POSITIVES

1) Rainey looked good. Batch looked good enough.

2) BB is money on third downs (best in the league: 73% conversion rate).

3) Cortez Allen has looked good. The third WR and/or TE won't be killing the Steelers.

4) Timmons playing well.

I HOPE FOR...

1) "Run right," What does Adams do well and/or what do young OL do well? A: Run block. Run right a few times, and the defender(s) on that side will be less likely to pass-rush as furiously.

2) Throwing a screen to Rainey.

3) After 1 & 2, throwing DEEP to Wallace.

4) Timmons playing well. (It's in both categories, because I'd like for it to continue.)

5) Heyward & McClendon starting. [I can foresee 1-4, but this one is a pipe-dream.]
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,656 Times in 5,611 Posts

Collier: Steelers angst overflows with looming road trip to Cincinnati

Wednesday, October 17, 2012
By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

All right, Steelers at Cincinnati, so let's bring in the appropriate themes: Desperation, angst, urgency, ennui, acute chronic nastiness, cloying self-doubt, and I would readily include pathos and bathos if I knew the difference, although bathos might be those things you stick to the bottom of the tub so you don't slip and sustain any of the various injuries that could easily alter the outcome of Steelers at Cincinnati.

In addition to their weekly menu of systems-threatening and potentially victory-clogging injuries, the Steelers now have generated a combination of issues not previously presented en masse: Drunk driving, junk tweeting, and another looming road assignment, at which they've generally stunk.

That's right; drunk, junk and stunk is no way to go through a NFL season son, but suddenly a lot of teams are trying it. Maybe not in that precise combination, but take a gander around the AFC and the league as a whole, or hole, whichever you find more descriptive.

Fully 34 percent of the NFL is 3-3. Another 37.5 percent is not that good.

So if you think hard times have targeted 3400 Water Street on the South Side like some B movie spookfest UFO, take a good look at the faces of some of this league's other marquee franchises and see how easily it is to trace the tracks of their tears.

Oh, yes, I will go to the Smokey Robinson sub-package if need be.

The Philadelphia Eagles, one of the few, or more accurately one of the two teams the Steelers can verifiably beat, just fired their defensive coordinator after blowing a fourth-quarter lead against the Detroit Lions.

Juan Castillo was terminated after an experimental spell as Andy Reid's DC, a curious assignment at its origin because Castillo had been the offensive line coach. Now that they're 3-3 like just about everyone else, a year after being 8-8, the Eagles decided that as a defensive mind, Castillo was an OK offensive line coach.

The San Diego Chargers, ahead, 24-0, at halftime Monday night, lost, 35-24, to the Denver Mannings, putting the boldest flourish yet on an NFL fashion trend that is hotter than the pink accessories in the October uniforms -- a blown fourth-quarter lead. Surely you've noticed the Steelers have flashed this affectation four times in five games.

The Bengals just turned up as the one team the Cleveland Browns could beat after 11 consecutive unsuccessful searches. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has guessed publicly that perhaps his fellas aren't mean enough.

You want mean? Look to the Browns, who fired general manager Mike Holmgren Tuesday, apparently out of fear that this winning thing could become a habit. That'll teach him.

Even the better NFL teams this fall are suffering from an array of misfortunes. The Baltimore Ravens, smacked with season-ending injuries to defensive standouts Ray Lewis and Lardarius Webb, have won four games in a row, but only once by more than three points.

The New York Giants, fresh from perhaps the most impressive performance of a still-young season, in which they pounded the San Francisco 49ers on the road, reportedly returned to their training facility only to find that several of their cars had been burglarized, and one stolen.

Imagine the tweets were Rashard Mendenhall on that team.

Do not mess with Rashard's ride while the Steelers are in Cincinnati would be my advice to you. Also be careful on Carson Street while Alameda Ta'amu is off work for the next two weeks, having been suspended for allegedly hitting three cars and nearly running over two police officers, allegedly, while allegedly driving drunk.

But the real fear drawing near this week likely is more related to the Steelers secondary, which has somehow allowed 11 touchdown passes in the past six games, dating to Jan. 8 at Denver, after allowing only 14 all last season.

This is an unfortunate turn of events in a week that brings Mike Tomlin's team to the intersection of Andy Dalton and Pick Six Boulevard. The Bengals quarterback already has thrown three interceptions that have been returned for touchdowns, but to take advantage of that, your defenders have to be able to catch the football.

If Steelers corner Keenan Lewis could catch the football, this Steelers team would be flying high at 3-2, right there among the NFL's, uh, Elite Eight. OK, actually nine teams have winning records.

All that said, we're all blissfully aware that when the Steelers really need a win, they know where to go to get one. They're 10-2 at Paul Brown Stadium. If they're not soon 11-2, you'll be ordering more angst.

http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12291...#ixzz29bKbtbh4
Old 10-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

"If Steelers corner Keenan Lewis could catch the football, this Steelers team would be flying high at 3-2, right there among the NFL's, uh, Elite Eight. OK, actually nine teams have winning records."

Is this clown Ike Taylors daddy? So forget about the 4 calls, and the TD and countless yards he gave up ALL by HIMSELF, this nimrod is blaming Lewis?

I'm sure Taylors name must be in that articale, as its late and I cant see straight.. So please someone point it out, lol
Old 10-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #10
casteeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Angry

The Steelers haven't had a convincing win all year and have lost to very bad teams, onwords I'll buy but upward I have yet to see this year.
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote