Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,109 Times in 3,461 Posts
Default Re: I like Ike Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySteel86 View Post
Don't get it twisted, Ike still sucks.
no he doesnt.

the supposed "best wr in the afc" gets held to a single catch, yet "ike still sucks".

i think this type of thinking sucks. he had a few bad games. they are working on correcting the mistakes. fickle fans who demand absolute perfection on every single play refuse to give him a chance.

if the rest of the defense gets credit for ikes success, they can share in the blame for his failures.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #22
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

I remember posting that I hoped Ike's problems were mental and not physical. Could be. Football is a physical game, but it is also a mental game, and if a player starts, "talking to himself," he starts making mistakes, and it doesn't take much of a mistake to become a huge problem. A decision Ike has less than a half second to make could become an easy touchdown for the other team.

That touchdown that he "gave up." was an almost perfect offensive play. There was no mistake by Ike on that play. He did his job.
jiminpa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #23
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
no he doesnt.

the supposed "best wr in the afc" gets held to a single catch, yet "ike still sucks".

i think this type of thinking sucks. he had a few bad games. they are working on correcting the mistakes. fickle fans who demand absolute perfection on every single play refuse to give him a chance.

if the rest of the defense gets credit for ikes success, they can share in the blame for his failures.
Shutting down Green is easy when you don't have a numbed 2 WR and NO running game. That's why the Bengals lost 3 straight. Steelers just rolled the defence to Greens side and left Lewis 1-1 with the #2 receiver who I can't even name. If the Bengals had a legitimate #2, and we had to leave Ike.on Green by himself, Green would've ate Ike alive. You gonna be singing a different tune when we gotta play Giants, Cowboys, and teams that have legitimate #2's.
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #24
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,949 Times in 1,912 Posts
My Mood: Fine

The Giants and Ravens receivers are the only ones that scare me. The Cowgirls are melting down even earlier. I don't see a legitimate #2 WR. If there is 1 thing our DBs have going for them against the Cowboys WR - it is that they don't like getting physical.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:46 AM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,109 Times in 3,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySteel86 View Post
You gonna be singing a different tune when we gotta play Giants, Cowboys, and teams that have legitimate #2's.
no, youre gonna be singing a different tune.

Quote:
Shutting down Green is easy when you don't have a numbed 2 WR and NO running game.
you mustve missed the first drive where bungles had 49 yds rushing. yeah, we shut that shit down just like green.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #26
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Earned his pay? Lewis saved his ass when he beaten in the endzone by AJ. Than Clark saved him at the end.

AJ was in effect double teamed after 10-12 yards.

Ike still sucks, however he made one nice play. Still sucks though in cae you didnt read it earlier.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Curtain_of_Steel For This Useful Post:
EbonySteel86 (10-23-2012)
Old 10-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #27
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Earned his pay? Lewis saved his ass when he beaten in the endzone by AJ. Than Clark saved him at the end.
That was a classic Ike play, too. No bump and run, just line up and let the WR easily get inside of you and run with him.

This, coupled with terrible ball skills, is why Ike sucks.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #28
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,949 Times in 1,912 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I don't mind a few yards of cushion, I'd really like to see this secondary play the ball a little more instead of re-positioning themselves to the receiver after they get juked/stutter stepped

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #29
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
The Giants and Ravens receivers are the only ones that scare me. The Cowgirls are melting down even earlier. I don't see a legitimate #2 WR. If there is 1 thing our DBs have going for them against the Cowboys WR - it is that they don't like getting physical.
Austin is pretty nice, then u got Jason Whitten to watch out for which will probably leave Ike one on one with Dez Bryant. I don't know about you, but I hate that match up.
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #30
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
That was a classic Ike play, too. No bump and run, just line up and let the WR easily get inside of you and run with him.

This, coupled with terrible ball skills, is why Ike sucks.
What would you be saying if they started jamming the receivers at the line and then got beat deep 4-5 times a game for big TDs? There's always a trade off. LeBeau would rather make them earn it. That philosophy has worked well enough to get us to two Superbowls with an offense that was at its best when it just didn't hurt us. I've been saying all along that the time was coming when the defense couldn't be the entire team. Here it is. The defense is still very good, it just isn't superhuman anymore.
jiminpa is online now   Reply With Quote