Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #21
Grav
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14078
Default Re: Steelers-Vikings set for London in '13

Im from Wales which is the country next to England so I for one can't wait! so excited!
Old 10-20-2012, 02:07 AM   #22
Boyzoyk
Water Boy

Member Number: 19056

Hi guys and gals.
being a Brit I am over the moon that my Steelers are coming to Wemberlee.
I've been to all the International games at Wembley so far, and even though two games will be a stretch financially I think I'll probably make both games next year too.
Some advice...... Britain is an expensive place and London is even more so. Start saving now. London hotels near Wembley increase their prices when there's an event there.
If you just want to see London I would also suggest you don't hire a car. Public transport is a lot cheaper and the tube (subway) will take you to all the places of interest.
I'm going to the Pats v Rams game next weekend so I can find out tube ticket prices, beer prices etc. And I'll post some photo's of this years event after I come back.
I'm going to start a " who's coming to London " thread where you can ask questions about London, Wembley etc. and I'll try to answer as best I can.
Here's a link to NFLUK where you can find details, and yes, ticketmaster is the place to get tickets. http://www.nfluk.com/tickets-events/nfl-wembley
A word of caution though...... you can only choose a price bracket for tickets, you can't choose particular seats.... you have to accept where they put you.
Apart from that it's well worth coming. You'll see fans of all 32 nfl teams milling around together, and some college shirts too. Hope you guys make the right decision and make the effort to visit us over here.
Keep the faith.

Last edited by Boyzoyk; 10-20-2012 at 02:08 AM. Reason: additional info
Boyzoyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #23
steelersforever58
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24184

Maybe I am just naive, old fashioned or something else. But I would rather have every car being driven in the U.S. be a Chevy, Ford, Dodge etc.. I would like every shirt say made in America. I would like to have the steel mills in Clairton still be booming like the 60's and 70's, but I know that won't happen, can't we at least keep the NFL in the U.S..
steelersforever58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #24
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: Steelers to play in London in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
I never got the point of doing these games. If they want to expand the league, shouldn't they be looking to Canada first? And if there's not going to be a team in the EU in the immediate future(3-5 years, say), then why play there?
[YOUTUBE]Ll3uipTO-4A[/YOUTUBE]
Hawaii 5-0 (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #25
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,357 Times in 3,998 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Go Steelers, Go Steelers, Go Steelers Go!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #26
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,357 Times in 3,998 Posts
My Mood: Cool

NFL in London: A British fan's perspective

By Henry Hodgson NFL.com
Published: Oct. 27, 2012

St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford participates in an NFL Play 60 event near London this week.

LONDON -- The NFL returns to play its sixth International Series game in London on Sunday, with the Rams and Patriots battling it out on the hallowed turf of Wembley Stadium, and it's at about this time each year that fans back in the "home" of football start to wring their hands over whether teams should travel internationally to play in front of a non-American audience.

Having tracked the responses from U.S.-based fans year after year in comments on NFL.com and fan forums, the vitriol normally goes something like this:

"They've got their football, why do they need ours?"

"Over there they call it American Football, so why doesn't it stay in America?"

"People there don't understand the game, so why should the NFL give them one? It's a waste."

"They had NFL Europe and it failed, they don't deserve a second chance."

"They've got rugby, we've got football. Keep it that way."

Truth is, though, that football is followed just as passionately in the UK as it is in its homeland. While there aren't as many fans in the UK and around the rest of the globe, they are just as passionate and knowledgeable about the sport as fans that show up week after week to support their favorite teams across the U.S.

Consider the sacrifices that fans overseas have to make to follow the game. On Sundays in the UK, the "early" NFL games kick off at 6pm, with "Sunday Night Football" at the ungodly hour of 1:30 a.m.

Tens of thousands of fans stay up to watch that game, and then do it all over again on Monday night, just to be able to follow their favorite sport. Many ensure that they can track their favorite NFL teams through the season by buying the NFL's excellent NFL Game Pass product, which allows them to live stream games on their laptops or tablets, but at $100 for the season, you certainly would need to be a fan to buy it.

Other fans will spend thousands to travel over once a year to see their favorite team in action in its home city, buying up as much merchandise as they can fit into their suitcases on the journey home so that they can own the authentic product of the NFL.

In terms of the depth of knowledge about the sport, fans overseas will consume as much information and content as they can about the NFL. Sit down with any British NFL fan, and they'll happily spend hours discussing the same things that fans in the U.S. would chat about.

How is Tony Romo still the Cowboys QB? How much longer will the Jets stick with Mark Sanchez? Who's going to win the NFC North? The same coherent, cogent conversations are taking place among NFL fans in the UK as back home in America. And what's more, those same conversations are going on in different languages around the world on a daily basis too.

What's the point of all of this? As a British NFL fan transplanted to live and work in the U.S., I see the arguments against games being played overseas every time it's brought up by the NFL, and while many are logically thought out, the vast majority are of the knee-jerk type mentioned above.

The NFL has fans around the world, and they are growing in numbers each year - in part due to the presence of NFL games in the UK. So instead of demanding that the NFL stop playing those games, fans in the U.S. should allow the NFL's global fan base its day in the sun (or drizzle) so that they can have a taste of what makes football the best sport in the world.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ns-perspective
Old 10-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #27
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I grew up, went to school, and worked in and around Clarion, Mercer, Lawrence, Butler, Indiana, Cambria, and Allegheny counties and have spent plenty of my childhood and adult life throwing money at the Steelers and Three Rivers and then Heinz field - made a career choice so had to leave PA and am still there for the fall and holidays, sometimes in the summer, visiting family who lives around the city and the surrounding region - so yea, I hear what you are saying - but it isn't going to change the bottom line -

just from my experiences, I would rather see a game in Dublin than London - but, bottom line identifies London as the more lucrative venue. It would be like the NFL placing a game in Reno over Vegas in terms of revenue potential. I don't want the game to go international either, but that doesn't mean we have the power to stop it. There is only one way to get anything across to the league - and that is to stop watching and going to games, stop buying merchandise - and that ain't happenin'

Personally, I think the Steelers and the league would make more $$$ playing an Interstate matchup versus the Eagles in Beaver Stadium, as would other teams across the country playing at more neutral, college sites once a season

There ya go. When the league was talking about expanding the season to 18 regular season games, I thought, why not 17 games with the extra game coming in the form of a rivalry game.
Try to pit them against an out of conference opponent. Here's a few that work well. Now in the few cases that there are teams involved who struggle to fill stadiums, this will help. You can also pick a couple of these games to ship over seas with these weak fanbase teams.

Steelers vs. Eagles every year at State College. You could almost fit both sets of season ticket holders in this stadium.

Ravens vs. Redskins. Alternate the home/home. Or have it at FedEx for stadium size, but alternate the home team and fan ticket access.

Giants vs. Jets much the same way.

Cowboys vs. Texans in one of the big college venues or Mexico.

Raiders vs. 49ers.

Browns vs. Bengals in CBUS. But you designate this game to not count towards division or conference tiebreakers.

Jags vs. Tampa in Gainsville or Orlando Citrus Bowl. Neither of these teams sell out anyway, so pull both fan bases together.

Colts vs. Rams.

Pats vs. Bills in Toronto.

Chargers vs. Cardinals in Mexico.

Lots of possiblilites, and Goodell will get his international exposure this way too.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #28
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
There ya go. When the league was talking about expanding the season to 18 regular season games, I thought, why not 17 games with the extra game coming in the form of a rivalry game.
Try to pit them against an out of conference opponent. Here's a few that work well. Now in the few cases that there are teams involved who struggle to fill stadiums, this will help. You can also pick a couple of these games to ship over seas with these weak fanbase teams.

Steelers vs. Eagles every year at State College. You could almost fit both sets of season ticket holders in this stadium.

Ravens vs. Redskins. Alternate the home/home. Or have it at FedEx for stadium size, but alternate the home team and fan ticket access.

Raiders vs. 49ers.

Browns vs. Bengals in CBUS. But you designate this game to not count towards division or conference tiebreakers.

Jags vs. Tampa in Gainsville or Orlando Citrus Bowl. Neither of these teams sell out anyway, so pull both fan bases together.

Colts vs. Rams.

Lots of possiblilites, and Goodell will get his international exposure this way too.
Those fans would kill each other. No, I'm not exaggerating.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #29
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post

Raiders vs. 49ers.

Colts vs. Rams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Those fans would kill each other. No, I'm not exaggerating.
... and the problem with this is?????
Old 10-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #30
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xSBChamps View Post
... and the problem with this is?????
Hippies might relocate to another part of the country.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote