Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,050 Times in 3,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Good win today

But, was it the Steelers being good or just the skins being awful? The dropped passes certainly didn't help them at all, and a lot of their players were injured.

I liked the aggression from the defense, and the offense is finally starting to click. Offensive line looked sharp for the 2nd week in a row and no injuries to that unit.

The team looks like they're getting their stuff together finally, but have a tough test next week at New York, which won't be easy.

Anyone thinking we can beat the giants at NY?
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Good win today

We had some good fortune with their drops but the offense was really clicking on all cylinders. I'm becoming a Dwyer fan. He reminds me a little of Bettis back there. Power and nice foot movement. Nice to have a relatively stress free game. I think this will be a top team once we get healthy.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,652 Times in 2,540 Posts
My Mood: Amused

DeAngelo Hall of Redskins ejected for jawing at referee

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer

DeAngelo Hall didn't see the end of Sunday's ugly 27-12 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Washington Redskins cornerback was ejected late in the fourth quarter after jawing at an official, who flagged Hall for unsportsmanlike conduct.

The combined penalty and ejection moved Pittsburgh 30 yards to the Washington 35 with 3:45 left in the game. The Steelers chewed up the clock from there to leave the Redskins with a 3-5 record.

Hall's temper tantrum was arguably the low point of a problem-filled outing for Washington's defense, which allowed Pittsburgh to grind out 355 yards.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-jawing-at-ref

I'm still . Click on the link to view Hall's meltdown.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 24,508 Times in 9,932 Posts
My Mood: Dead

1. Yes, WASH had some drops, but the "two dropped TD passes" were in succession, and followed by a TD. As in: if either of those is caught, it'd be the same result: ONE score.

2. The offense scored on five of its first six drives, with the punt pinning WASH at the one. You really can't ask for better than that.

3. WASH was averaging 170 yards rushing. Today: less than 80.

4. AB's recalled punt return makes for one TD and five long returns CALLED BACK!!!

5. O-line gave up NO sacks.

6. Wallace showed up.

7. Yes, the Steelers have a very good chance against the NYGiants. I predict a close (6 point) win. Furthermore, I say it's a SuperBowl preview.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Best play of the game right here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-hits-referee
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,075 Times in 512 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

The dropped passes unnerved me because I feel like this game could have been much closer if their receivers weren't so bad. I'm not expecting a win next week, but we do have a small chance. It will be very hard if Clark is out though, Eli will tear our secondary to shreds.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #7
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,433 Times in 4,684 Posts

This offense is firing on all cylinders right now. Wallace found his hands, Brown and Sanders were again reliable and Miller was just being Miller again. All the credit in the world to Dwyer - 17 carries for 107 is impressive. Being the first 100 rd. rusher against a team is also impressive, especially against a decent ranked defense that was allowing fewer than 80 YP/G.

How about this offensive line? More importantly, Mike Adams. The kid just looked comfortable out there. Sure, he still needs some time to develop, but he's coming along nicely.

This team is buying into what the coaching staff is doing and it's starting to pay off. When this team gets healthy, they'll once again be a juggernaut in the AFC.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

i think our defense got very lucky with all the dropped passes today. They should have definitely moved the ball better - and would have if a lot of those balls were caught.

Also - our special teams. How many times can they royally screw up in one year? They should fine all of them $2500 each and donate it to Antonio Brown. Sheez.............
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
NSMaster56
Living Legend

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 4,806 Times in 2,118 Posts

Not surprisingly, winning solves most everything.

Even when the Steelers were 'struggling', their O was not the problem.

In fact, defensive woes aside, they're still the best statistical pass D...

Being among the leaders in TOP helps, too.

All early concerns aside, it's starting to look like those were mostly 'chicken little' fears.

This team is pretty fundamentally sound; it just was on the bad end of a few bad breaks which decided a couple of games.

The schedule is not getting too much easier down the stretch, but on the whole, there's been plenty to like about the Steelers through 7 games in 2012.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,843 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
1. Yes, WASH had some drops, but the "two dropped TD passes" were in succession, and followed by a TD. As in: if either of those is caught, it'd be the same result: ONE score.

2. The offense scored on five of its first six drives, with the punt pinning WASH at the one. You really can't ask for better than that.

3. WASH was averaging 170 yards rushing. Today: less than 80.

4. AB's recalled punt return makes for one TD and five long returns CALLED BACK!!!

5. O-line gave up NO sacks.

6. Wallace showed up.

7. Yes, the Steelers have a very good chance against the NYGiants. I predict a close (6 point) win. Furthermore, I say it's a SuperBowl preview.
I agree.

There's been a definite turnaround in this team and there's no doubt in my mind that it's "for real".

We played our way out of a slump and as anyone who has ever played a sport knows, it takes talent as well as some luck to get things pointed the right way and that's what I've seen so far. The injuries have been a blessing in disguise because without them, we'd never have been able to explore the talent we have on the bench and wouldn't have put starters in a position to step up their games as some have done.

If we were doing this with a so-so QB or were a team with no real history, I'd be inclined to think of all this as lucky. But we're not such a team and we know how to win and I think we just needed a kick-start and these last few weeks have provided that.

I can honestly see us winning it all.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote