Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #21
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Good win today

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersforever58 View Post
Agree. I know a win is a win, but didn't Ben have like 170 plus yards in the first half alone? Did they go into the old Cowher game plan of taking a lead into the second half and play not to lose it as opposed to trying to build on it? If I'm not mistaken the Steelers are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league in the 4th qtr.. For me 40+ passes a game should be the norm.
Honestly, is that really such a bad thing? Cowherball was effective. Do you remember the stat his teams had when up by 10+ points. And honestly with Dwyer establishing himself as a running back that will fight for every last yard, I like grinding it out. If we're playing a more tougher offense and in a tighter game, I understand passing but I have no problem with the game plan today. Look at this way. We were up by 14 going into half time. We won by 15.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMU Steeler For This Useful Post:
lardlad (10-28-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #22
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

The Steelers took the air out of the ball in the 2nd half. I'm not worried at all about only scoring 10 points in the 2nd half. They dominated that game and the Redskins receivers were scared shitless. They knew their rookie QB was gonna lay it up and then they were gonna get laid out. This team looked very good today against a team that has put up huge offensive numbers both passing and rushing. RG3 was throwing at a 70% completion clip and was 16 for 34 today and the skins only had another 70 or so rushing. We also did a great job of not letting RG3 hurt us with his feet.

The Steelers started rolling in the 2nd half of the Cincy game and it continued today.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #23
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
The Steelers took the air out of the ball in the 2nd half. I'm not worried at all about only scoring 10 points in the 2nd half. They dominated that game and the Redskins receivers were scared shitless. They knew their rookie QB was gonna lay it up and then they were gonna get laid out. This team looked very good today against a team that has put up huge offensive numbers both passing and rushing. RG3 was throwing at a 70% completion clip and was 16 for 34 today and the skins only had another 70 or so rushing. We also did a great job of not letting RG3 hurt us with his feet.

The Steelers started rolling in the 2nd half of the Cincy game and it continued today.
Plus we were on our way to scoring on the final drive but we decided not to kick the final FG for some reason. We've been closing games out better the past two weeks which is all I ask for if we're going to get fairly sizable leads early.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #24
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,630 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

the drops were in big part to the defenses being physical. granted if they had tough as nails WR's like hines ward they'd catch some but for the most part, we had good play in the secondary. those wr's were definitely hearing the footsteps.

we had a few drops, one by sanders that could have put the game on ice, but I was for the most part, pleased with our 4 minute offense.

I thought dwyer had a strong game, but it could have been better. A couple times I seen monster holes open up and he ran to the wrong side. But with a 100 yd performance, I won't complain.

Offensive line was in beast mode. Impressed with Adams, but they will face a test next week against the Giants D-line which is probably been the best in the NFL for some time.

Defense is getting their swagger back, which is good. Clark getting injured, not so much. I don't know if I like the idea of starting mundy vs eli manning. Will Allen has been playing pretty good though. Keenan is stepping up his game.

We REALLY need to cut out those penalties on special teams, it seems like we had 4 touchdowns this season called back from shit penalties. Not only scoring plays, but many good returns to set up excellent field position were wasted because of penalties. if we can stop these flags on ST, we could have one of the more potent return units in the league. if, if, if
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #25
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

A lot of their "drops" were forced by hard hits. I'm taking it. Good win.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog78 For This Useful Post:
lardlad (10-28-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #26
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,424 Times in 4,456 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
A lot of their "drops" were forced by hard hits. I'm taking it. Good win.
I'm with you, any win in the NFL is a good win...
Old 10-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #27
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Honestly, is that really such a bad thing? Cowherball was effective. Do you remember the stat his teams had when up by 10+ points. And honestly with Dwyer establishing himself as a running back that will fight for every last yard, I like grinding it out. If we're playing a more tougher offense and in a tighter game, I understand passing but I have no problem with the game plan today. Look at this way. We were up by 14 going into half time. We won by 15.
108-1-1 for "Cowher ball". You will never see a more telling stat. But wait this is a new nfl blah blah blah barf. I don't buy it.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #28
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,572 Times in 827 Posts
My Mood: Busy

Good team win minus special teams. OL was solid again, protected Ben well and opened holes for the running game.
Love the unpredictability of Haley's offense....Pope and Johnson with td's.
Dwyer's running hard with a lot of confidence.
Defense hit hard and dictated play at times.
The arrow is definitely pointing up.
FrancoLambert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #29
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
At least half those "drops" we're actually broken up. Not a drop IMO. I think many people are overlooking this. If you crush someone, time it right -- not a drop. If you get a hand on the ball -- not a drop.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #30
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,062 Times in 3,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post

appearantly not good enough.

appearantly the steelers were just "lucky"... as if slobberknocking the shit out of people isnt creating ones own luck.

keenan lewis was pretty much glued to his man all day. ike taylor was tested maybe 3 times (moss is an older, frail, speedy, guy. he wanted no part of ike who is way more physical than him.

redskins drew up a few nice plays to get TE's and wr's isolated on our LB's but for the most part we were getting in RGIII's grill to quick for him to execute.

after getting hit by clark and timmons, you could tell he really wanted no part in getting hit by any of our bigger guys.

they seemed to play a much more conventional offense cause we were shutting down the run. once they figured out we were tough to trick and woodley was staying at home on his side, i dont even think they went to the run-option again.

casey hampton (who played well and got good push) said it best on thursday. "we cant sit back and react, we have to force them to react to us".

excellent gameplan, excellent execution, although im sure fans tears were shed cause they had the audacity to allow an offensive touchdown.

still allowing less than 13 points at home this season (last year was 10ppg).