Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 10-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #21
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585
Default Re: James Harrison cant generate pressure anymore

I intend to take a very close look at Harrison when I rewatch the game. I'll post mu thoughts here once I get a chance to do that. There's no question that he's out in coverage a lot more than most 3-4 OLBs though.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:37 AM   #22
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
with all the talk of "double-teaming", i've paid close attention to this.
I, too, have seen him getting easily manhandled by one guy...consistently...and time and time again. He's pretty much non-existent on the field - aside from other teams having to "account" for him.

I love James too, but his best days, by far, are in the rearview mirror.
Sounds like Woodley.

I would give Harrison some more time. If he shows he can no longer be the player he once was then the Steelers will probably release him due to salary cap issues.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #23
Steeldude
Living Legend

The sad part is the backups are worse than an injured Harrison. Without a healthy Harrison the Steelers have no one on the team that can generate a consistent pass rush on his own.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #24
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,180 Posts
My Mood: Grumpy

Wish the Steelers gave Adrian Robinson some PT on passing down cause he looked pretty good in preseason.
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #25
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

I think we are going to see a lot of changes next year on defense for the better. I do believe the following players could be gone next year:

1. Casey Hampton - Playing in his final year; if he comes back he will only sign a 1yr deal. No way the Steelers will sign a 35 yr old player.

2. James Harrison - He is scheduled to count $10M against the cap next year; I think the F/O will ask him to either restructure his contract or flat out release him. James has been hurt the previous couple of seasons, none of us can defy Father Time.

3. Troy P. - Now this is a tricky one; I think Troy's better days are behind him as well. Better yet, I don't think he's having as much fun as he did when he was younger. It almost feels like he has one foot already out the door. I think his cap hit will be close to $6M next year as well.

4. Larry Foote - I think Foote will be asked to return for 1yr, no signing bonus though. Larry Foote is 33, will turn 34 next yr. Although his play has been solid, it hasn't been spectatcular.

5. Ike Taylor - I really do believe Ike will be gone after 2013; He played well the previous two weeks, we all have to give credit were credit is due. However, Ike isn't quite the same CB he once was.

I look for the 2013 NFL Draft to be heavy on the DEFENSIVE side for the Steelers.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #26
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247

Are you frikin serious? Dumb arses, he is getting over knee surgery!!!!! You are just like the society that I despise, wants everything now and dammit if I don't get it someone is going to pay or get cut.

Same idiots bitch when James gets signed on by the Niners and goes off. I'd rather have you guys cheer for the bengals. You are matching their mentality.
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #27
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

He is not 100% by a long shot....At least he is on the field......
Old 10-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #28
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,687 Times in 876 Posts
My Mood: Crappy

What's he doing covering tight ends down the field? With a knee problem?
As mentioned previously, run some stunts up the middle so he can rush the qb without dealing with a large tackle.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #29
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,983 Posts
My Mood: Fine

with Harrison and Woodley both on the field together, they are at least a"solid" D in my book, which translates into being good enough to force some throws and to have to be accounted for

- I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see some more havoc wreaked, but all we can do is go with what we have. If the offense continues to improve - who knows, maybe "good enough" is good enough to contend.

Today's Steelers D looks much improved than the one that faced the Broncos, Raiders, and Titans. They are getting stops more consistently - this Giants game will be THE measuring stick for the midway point of the season.

The Ravens do not look as good as last year's version. They are really vulnerable. And, as I stated in another thread - if Ben and co. were facing the Giants yesterday, they probably wouldn't have gone with the same play calling. The Giants are very beatable - but I would still say this game is a toss up.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #30
dreegking
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18661

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
with Harrison and Woodley both on the field together, they are at least a"solid" D in my book, which translates into being good enough to force some throws and to have to be accounted for

- I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see some more havoc wreaked, but all we can do is go with what we have. If the offense continues to improve - who knows, maybe "good enough" is good enough to contend.

Today's Steelers D looks much improved than the one that faced the Broncos, Raiders, and Titans. They are getting stops more consistently - this Giants game will be THE measuring stick for the midway point of the season.

The Ravens do not look as good as last year's version. They are really vulnerable. And, as I stated in another thread - if Ben and co. were facing the Giants yesterday, they probably wouldn't have gone with the same play calling. The Giants are very beatable - but I would still say this game is a toss up.
Nice take.

I think Harrison and his future next year with the team depends on the second half of the season, which I expect to be much better.

Woodley? Needs to change his workouts and learn his body. Never healthy.
dreegking is offline   Reply With Quote