Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #271
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,541 Times in 2,683 Posts
My Mood: Sad
Default Re: presidential debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Just like clockwork all the global warming doomers have their panties in a wad over Sandy. Anytime they see some weather they don't like they trot out "global warming caused this"...

too hot - global warming
too cold - global warming
too much rain - global warming
not enough rain - global warming

We haven't had a cane here in FL for 6 years, NE has seen 2. - that's change i can support

Hurricane Cycles

Meteorologists have noted that hurricane seasons run in alternating cycles of active and less active seasons. These cycles last from 25 to 40 years.

Active seasons are thought to be triggered by the concentration of salt in ocean water. When the salt content is higher, the water is warmer and more hurricanes form.

Meteorologists believe that a cycle of active seasons started in 1995 and could continue for another 15 to 30 years.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...rricane_2.html
Scientists say #HurricaneSandy likely linked to record ArcticSea loss this yr but **** them they're just scientists what does the bible say?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #272
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

The presidential candidates have canceled all campaign events on Tuesday (Romney cancelled them but did one in Ohio anyway), but Republican New Jersey Chris Christie seemed to be stumping for President Barack Obama by appearing on several networks to praise the federal response to Hurricane Sandy.

In an interview on NBC, Christie called Obama “outstanding” for expediting relief efforts. He also told MSNBC that Obama “deserves great credit.”

“He gave me his number at the White House and told me to call him if I needed anything,” Christie said.

The New Jersey governor even took his message to Fox News, saying that Obama had helped “tremendously.”

“I spoke to the president three times yesterday,” he explained. “He called me for the last time at midnight last night asking what he could do. I said, if you can expedite designating New Jersey as a major disaster area that that would help us to get federal money and resources in here as quickly as possible to help clean up the damage here.”

“The president was great last night,” Christie continued. “He said he would get it done. At 2 a.m., I got a call from FEMA to answer a couple of final questions and then he signed the declaration this morning. So I have to give the president great credit. He’s been on the phone with me three times in the last 24 hours. He’s been very attentive, and anything that I’ve asked for, he’s gotten to me. So, I thank the president publicly for that. He’s done — as far as I’m concerned — a great job for New Jersey.”

Fox News co-host Steve Doocy wondered when Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was going to get some of the same benefits from the hurricane with a photo op in disaster-stricken New Jersey towns.

“Over the last couple of months, you have appeared throughout the country, Governor, on behalf of Mitt Romney,” Doocy remarked to Christie. “[W]e hear that perhaps Mr. Romney may do some storm-related events. Is there any possibility that Gov. Romney may go to New Jersey to tour some of the damage with you?”

“I have no idea, nor am I the least bit concerned or interested,” Christie replied, immediately shutting down the idea. “I’ve got a job to do here in New Jersey that’s much bigger than presidential politics and I could [sic] care less about any of that stuff.”

“I have a job to do,” he added. “I’ve got 2.4 million people out of power, I’ve got devastation on the shore, I’ve got floods in the northern part of my state. If you think right now I give a damn about presidential politics then you don’t know me.”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1rm5A)

[YOUTUBE]Uu2SJbmhu2I#![/YOUTUBE]

Old 10-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #273
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,819 Times in 2,159 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #274
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
The next week will all be about the federal government responding to tragedy. It will also be about Romney being on record as against the federal government responding to tragedy.
Not so - Mitt is doing his part!!

Romney Held a ‘Storm Relief Event’ in Ohio Today

Obama isn't holding any campaign events today or tomorrow.

But Romney, as a self-described "unemployed" person, has no actual power. He can't direct FEMA, he doesn't have a Situation Room in which to take Serious Photos with Serious People. And by most measures, he's trailing still trailing in the electoral college vote, so he also doesn't have the luxury of time. Which is why Romney already resumed the campaign again today in Ohio. Oh, wait, sorry, he held a, uh, "Storm Relief Event" to collect "flashlights, batteries, diapers, toothbrushes, mini-deodorants, fleece blankets, cereal, toilet paper and canned goods" bound for New Jersey. It was just a coincidence that the "Storm Relief Event" happened to take place in the country's most important swing state
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #275
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,598 Times in 3,994 Posts

Quote:
Scientists say #HurricaneSandy likely linked to record ArcticSea loss this yr but **** them they're just scientists what does the bible say?
the bible says it is punishment for romney and the republican party who are carbon copies of the disobedient Jews and money changers at the temple.

but you wont find any conservative Christian enlightened enough to admit this. maybe they dont want to blow their cover. either way, God is not pleased with their satanic ways and money worship.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #276
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,598 Times in 3,994 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Not so - Mitt is doing his part!!

Romney Held a ‘Storm Relief Event’ in Ohio Today

Obama isn't holding any campaign events today or tomorrow.

But Romney, as a self-described "unemployed" person, has no actual power. He can't direct FEMA, he doesn't have a Situation Room in which to take Serious Photos with Serious People. And by most measures, he's trailing still trailing in the electoral college vote, so he also doesn't have the luxury of time. Which is why Romney already resumed the campaign again today in Ohio. Oh, wait, sorry, he held a, uh, "Storm Relief Event" to collect "flashlights, batteries, diapers, toothbrushes, mini-deodorants, fleece blankets, cereal, toilet paper and canned goods" bound for New Jersey. It was just a coincidence that the "Storm Relief Event" happened to take place in the country's most important swing state
what a phony. has he no shame? atleast we know he aint to proud to beg...

it could be worse, i guess. atleast he didnt call it a "storm relief rally" or "Klan rally".
Old 10-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #277
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
storms are weather, not "climate" - any 6th grader can tell you that

and there are plenty of "scientists" who prostitute themselves for grant money - they are hardy "pure" like you seem to believe

REAL scientists see the whole picture not just the ones the hysterical global warming crowd wants you to see...

let's see, ice in the arctic melts in the summer, where does it go?

the Antarctic

ICESAT Data Shows Mass Gains of the Antarctic Ice Sheet Exceed Losses

Mass Balance of the Antarctic Ice Sheet 1992-2008 from ERS and ICESat: Gains exceed losses

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...2012013235.pdf
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #278
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

"I was actually listening closely to what the candidates said in these debates. In the first debate, the triumph of the moderate Mitt Romney. You remember what he did? He ridiculed the President. Ridiculed the President for his efforts to fight global warming in economically beneficial ways. He said 'Oh, you're going to turn back the seas.' In my part of America, we would like it if someone could've done that yesterday.

"All up and down the East Coast, there are mayors, many of them Republicans, who are being told, 'You've got to move these houses back away from the ocean. You've got to lift them up. Climate change is going to raise the water levels on a permanent basis. If you want your town insured, you have to do this.' In the real world, Barack Obama's policies work better."

- Clinton

Old 10-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #279
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
'You've got to move these houses back away from the ocean"
no, your multi-million dollar homes built on BARRIER ISLANDS deserve to be washed out to sea when a storm comes, the sea always wins...of course, millionaires can afford to rebuild them anyway
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #280
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Just as Hurricane Sandy makes landfall and devastates large portions of New Jersey, Republican Governor Chris Christie praises Obama's leadership (from the NY Times Liveblog):

‘Mr. Christie said Mr. Obama had called to make sure he had everything needed from the federal government and left a number to call him directly at the White House should any unmet needs arise.
“I appreciate that call from the president,” Mr. Christie said. “It was very proactive. I appreciate that kind of leadership.”
too bad he didn't show that kind of leadership in Benghazi.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote