Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 11-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069
Default Nicks, Cruz think the Steelers defensive backs get away with holding

Wide receivers Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks got the memo about using the media as a venue to plead for holding calls in advance of games, but someone with the Giants needs to work with them on their phrasing.

Unlike offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and defensive end Justin Tuck, Nicks and Cruz forgot to accuse Steelers defensive backs of getting away with murder when they went public with their feelings that the Steelers hold opposing receivers without penalty from the officials. Nicks said cornerback Ike Taylor was the main culprit in a secondary that grabs “a lot” and Cruz said he expects to be held on every play.

“It’s pretty blatant how they do it,” Cruz said, via Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “Some of it’s not being called, and some of it is, so we just have to be prepared to fight through it no matter what happens. And no matter what the down and distance is, expect to be held, expect to be grabbed and just continue to fight.”

Tuck said earlier this week that the Steelers offensive line was getting away with murder by frequently holding defensive players. Gilbride elicited a rather dramatic reaction from 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh when he used the same phrase to call attention to the San Francisco defensive line a few weeks ago.

The Steelers are allowing the fewest passing yards per game of any team in the league thus far. They’ve also been penalized seven times per game, more than all but seven teams in the league, and they have been called for defensive holding nine times. That’s the most of any team in the league and the Giants would obviously like to see them add to their lead in that category this Sunday.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-holding/

This 'Whining' thing seems to be a trend for the Giants lately. What happened to just shutting up and playing the game?
Old 11-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,542 Times in 633 Posts
Default Re: Nicks, Cruz think the Steelers defensive backs get away with holding

LOL, the bate is on. I expect atleast 10 calls on the Steelers today.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,148 Times in 959 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Nicks, Cruz think the Steelers defensive backs get away with holding

What a bunch of pussies
Old 11-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Setting up the refs big time today.

So yeah, going to go ahead and say the Steelers will be called for several penalties.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,768 Times in 1,612 Posts

hurricane sandy musta blew sand in their vajay-jays....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
tony hipchest (11-04-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Coming into this game I had always respected the Giants, I didn't realize they were all a bunch of cry baby pussies. One of the best teams in football right now and they are afraid to play our hobbled up Steelers just cause we beat to poor teams in a row...bunch of candy ass bitches.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

If ike is heavily targeted this week I expect to see a lot of flags.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,983 Posts
My Mood: Fine

you'd think with 90% + of the players still without power, they were distracted enough - now, they are complaining about what the Steelers "get away with" - and while I think the champs are gonna get some iffy calls to go their way on home turf - if we can weather the first quarter emotion, we have a real chance to get a huge win

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,768 Times in 3,681 Posts

steelers are like the most penalized in the team and here the poor giants are talking about all the penalties they "get away with".

ike taylor has drawn more laundry than a hamper.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

It could also backfire against them and get a bunch of holding calls against the Giants. Whiny players sometimes end up shooting themselves in the foot.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is online now   Reply With Quote