Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Nicks, Cruz think the Steelers defensive backs get away with holding

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
It could also backfire against them and get a bunch of holding calls against the Giants. Whiny players sometimes end up shooting themselves in the foot.
I highly doubt that will happen. The refs always throw extra flags on us and this is against the SB champs in front of a huge national audience playing in a city ravished by a hurricane...Harrison made some comments about Goodel this week too.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585
Default Re: Nicks, Cruz think the Steelers defensive backs get away with holding

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Coming into this game I had always respected the Giants, I didn't realize they were all a bunch of cry baby pussies. One of the best teams in football right now and they are afraid to play our hobbled up Steelers just cause we beat to poor teams in a row...bunch of candy ass bitches.
I am not only in the Giants market, but I'm also a fan of the team, and I can safely say that the talk this week and what Kevin Gilbride said about Justin Smith (though true) is more of an outlier than the norm. I just hope this trend doesn't continue throughout the season. I'd like to take a look at the context of the quotes as well, however. It would be easy for a reporter to bait a player into giving an answer like that.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #13
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

This is all I've really heard all week. So the Steelers hold? Who the f#$k doesn't. It is commonly said that there could be a holding call on every play. It is an interpretation call. So, yeah everyone holds. They should just get on the field and let the refs call the game. Big time baiting of the refs. Will probably work. I feel like with all the "game shouldn't be played" talk that the NFL would like to see NY win this game. Just a hunch. Lots of calls against the Steelers tonight. Still have the better QB and should win teh game though! Here we go...
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
nikstar
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15652

Wow whining on both the offensive and the defensive side of the ball about holding. James Harrison is held on every damn play and never sees a call and that's even with him coming back from injury. I really hope the refs don't by into this garbage and just let them play. Defensive holding is almost always incredibly obvious anyways so it usually gets the calls. What a bunch of crybabys
nikstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,054 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

spider senses tingling
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
Steeldude
Living Legend

Well he does have a point about Taylor holding. I am surprised he doesn't receive more PI calls and holding calls on him.

As for the O-line holding, that sounds like whining to me.