Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #21
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

I have always thought that given the right system (the one we have now) he could be an absolute monster in the backfield. BA just killed his stats. While I think Redman is great and he was the best option under BA if Mendy gets 100% the last couple games and into the playoffs he will be a major factor in our games. It saddens me to think what he could have done behind this line and blocking scheme as he is more talented than both Redman and Dwyer. Although Redman has that amazing knack of keeping his feet which is why he is my fav back. Anyway, if Mendy can perform like I think he can late this season he will be back in the Burgh and we will trade Dwyer or Redman (I hope not).
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #22
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,655 Times in 2,404 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Mendenhall's contract

he's dangerous in open space, good receiver out of the backfield, and is excellent at picking up the blitz. he's a bigger and faster version of brian westbrook in terms of overall skillset
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #23
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,147 Times in 3,920 Posts

It comes down to keeping Mendenhall or Wallace. Throw in the fact that this is Sanders' contract year, and I think our only option is to let him go. Keeping Brown, Wallace and Sanders together for Roethlisberger needs to be a greater priority than keeping Rashard. Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL, but the chemistry that those three have is invaluable.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #24
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solak View Post
I say no way. We need to save money where we can. With the showing by Redman and Dwyer I think this is a spot we could save.
This. No hard feelings to Mendy, but RBs average 4 years in a career, and he's five in with a bum wheel, and we got plenty behind him.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 AM   #25
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
It comes down to keeping Mendenhall or Wallace. Throw in the fact that this is Sanders' contract year, and I think our only option is to let him go. Keeping Brown, Wallace and Sanders together for Roethlisberger needs to be a greater priority than keeping Rashard. Running backs are a dime a dozen in the NFL, but the chemistry that those three have is invaluable.
Dink and dunk wideouts are a dime a dozen too...We just beat the Giants with Crotch and Sanders and finally wallace showing up for a play or 2.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #26
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Dink and dunk wideouts are a dime a dozen too...We just beat the Giants with Crotch and Sanders and finally wallace showing up for a play or 2.
The game changed on Wallaces 4 yard catch turned into a 51 yard TD because of pure speed. I am no great fan of Wallace and his seemingly indifferent attitude this season, but if it's possible to keep the three of them together (Wallace Brown Sanders)(oh BTW IMO Sanders is a must sign) we should. We appear to be very deep at RB with Dwyer, Redman and Rainey, and don't forget Batch. We also have to keep in mind that Dwyer and Redman are restricted FA I believe (at least Dwyer is) at seasons end.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #27
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,475 Times in 1,649 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I'm indifferent to Wallace anymore. If he helps us score more this season - great. If he is gone - I won't lose any sleep over it. The Steelers success doesn't hinge on 1 receiver.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #28
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I'm indifferent to Wallace anymore. If he helps us score more this season - great. If he is gone - I won't lose any sleep over it. The Steelers success doesn't hinge on 1 receiver.
Funny how an offense that can run the football, uses Heath Miller in the passing game and doesnt rely on slow developing deep passes can change things huh?

Glad I trusted the front office to let Arians "retire".
Old 11-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #29
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,655 Times in 2,404 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
The game changed on Wallaces 4 yard catch turned into a 51 yard TD because of pure speed. I am no great fan of Wallace and his seemingly indifferent attitude this season, but if it's possible to keep the three of them together (Wallace Brown Sanders)(oh BTW IMO Sanders is a must sign) we should. We appear to be very deep at RB with Dwyer, Redman and Rainey, and don't forget Batch. We also have to keep in mind that Dwyer and Redman are restricted FA I believe (at least Dwyer is) at seasons end.
I'm a bit of a wallace hater but I'll admit his long catch and run turned the tide of the game, he had a direct hand in the win.

agree we need to keep sanders, the guy is money when it comes to moving the chains, and also he's good at kick returns if we need to replace brown or rainey because of injuries
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote