Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984
Default 2013 mock

for fun as this team is frustrating me

Quick Mock I'm saying we'll draft around the 10-15 and Tomlin switches the team to a 4-3 in the off season

1st round- David Amerson - FS -NCS - ball hawking free safety with size to stop jump balls

2nd round- Gerald Hodges - OLB - PSU - Coming from Linebacker U, converted safety , instinctive player

3rd round- Zavier Gooden - OLB - Mizz - Physical freak , good production

4th round- Trevardo Williams - DE - Conn - New 4-3 scheme need another pass rushing DE coming off the edge , it's what he does

5th round- Blidi Wreh-Wilson - CB - Conn - 2 straight Conn players? ... but Blidi has the ability if he can stay healthy to be a higher round pick

6th round- Shamarko Thomas - S - Syracuse - Has the athletic ability, is real good in helping the run, coverage a little suspect, but he has played every position from LB, CB, S so he offers versatility to the def.

7th round- Travis Carrie - CB - Ohio -
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473
Default Re: 2013 mock

Personally id like to see us pick manti teo to replace larry foote and then maybe matt elam the hard hitting ss from florida. But I like the defensive heavy draft. God knows we need it
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburhans View Post
Personally id like to see us pick manti teo to replace larry foote and then maybe matt elam the hard hitting ss from florida. But I like the defensive heavy draft. God knows we need it
I am HUGE on Manti Te'o, I know everyone wants secondary but Te'o would be a genuine centerpiece for this defense for years, he's a great leader (which we lack) and just a straight up playmaker at ILB.

I know we drafted Spence early but in the event Te'o fell to us (still thinking positive enough about this season that we may be out of reach for him lol) Spence could maybe switch to safety?
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
cbrunn
Starter

I don't think Spence has near enough speed for Safety

also i know a lot of people like Te'o but he just don't stick out enough to me , he does his job silently and that's good but he just doesn't stick out to me
Old 10-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

Te'o is a tackling machine that could be our middle linebacker for the next ten years. He was the top rated recruit out of high school and could of went to usc and been a household name but he chose notre dame and hasnt received as much media. He is regarded by some as the best linebacker to come out of college since Ray Lewis. And with our luck if we dont pick him the Ravens will
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
cbrunn
Starter

I understand he's rated high and always has , that doesn't defeat the purpose of him not standing out on tape or in games I watch ... He just doesn't make no wow plays at least from what I seen ...

and tackling machine is over rated in this league now... that's why I like Hodges, first he's coming from Penn State or Linebacker U, every linebacker they put out are solid, not to mention he's a tackling machine too and converted safety so he has above average coverage skills for a Linebacker

I also said about moving the team to a 4-3 team ... which would mean we wouldn't need another ILB unless you move Timmons back to outside...

but I'm really liking this guy Trevardo Williams LB ... I think he can shoot up draft boards with the need to get to the QB so high now adays [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue1om66B_HU[/YOUTUBE]
Old 10-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,626 Times in 8,598 Posts
My Mood: Dead

R1: Barret Jones. LT, Alabama
R2: Matt Elam, S, Florida
R3: Shayne Skov, LB, Stanford
R4: Nico Johnson, LB, Alabama
R5: Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida
R6: Leon McFadden, CB, SDSU
R7: some DE

R1 depends on Adams's development as an OT. Also, NT now appears to be a need (no more Ta'amu).

Still, for now, here's what I'd like.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #8
cbrunn
Starter

New one

Let me give it another shot ...

1st round - Alex Olgletree - ILB - Georgia - Converted Safety ... In case you didn't know I love converted Safteys
2nd round - Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State - Converted Safety ...
3rd round - Baccari Rambo - FS - Georgia - Beast enough said , 1 year behind Clark would do wonders
4th round- Duke Williams - SS - Nevada - Athletic Freak, Good Instincts, closing speed and hitter
5th round - Mallicah Goodman - DE- Clemson ... Why not add a little DE depth? Keisel nearing the end of his career
6th round - Anthony McCloud - DT - FSU ... Hampton finished why not add a little DT depth
7th round - MarQueis Gray - WR - Minnesota ... only kind of WR Steelers are missing is a big guy at 6-4 250 he fits that role... he's raw and played 2 years receiver and then switched to QB now ... WR reverse Pass anybody??

I know Steelers will never draft Ogletree and Rambo because of being suspended in college but hey they took a chance on Adams right??

and no CB because they have 4 good young ones ... Lewis, Cortez, Brown , Van Dyke
Old 11-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,983 Times in 4,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
New one

Let me give it another shot ...

1st round - Alex Olgletree - ILB - Georgia - Converted Safety ... In case you didn't know I love converted Safteys
2nd round - Gerald Hodges - OLB - Penn State - Converted Safety ...
3rd round - Baccari Rambo - FS - Georgia - Beast enough said , 1 year behind Clark would do wonders
4th round- Duke Williams - SS - Nevada - Athletic Freak, Good Instincts, closing speed and hitter
5th round - Mallicah Goodman - DE- Clemson ... Why not add a little DE depth? Keisel nearing the end of his career
6th round - Anthony McCloud - DT - FSU ... Hampton finished why not add a little DT depth
7th round - MarQueis Gray - WR - Minnesota ... only kind of WR Steelers are missing is a big guy at 6-4 250 he fits that role... he's raw and played 2 years receiver and then switched to QB now ... WR reverse Pass anybody??

I know Steelers will never draft Ogletree and Rambo because of being suspended in college but hey they took a chance on Adams right??

and no CB because they have 4 good young ones ... Lewis, Cortez, Brown , Van Dyke
It's not bad for a very early mock, but there's a couple questionable picks on here. I'll start with Ogletree. While he's a very talented ILB, he's not necessarily worth a first round pick. Adding to that, he's only a junior and all reports have him very unlikely to come out. If he does decide to enter the draft, though, he'd be a solid second round pick for the Steelers and could potentially end up being the long term answer at MLB.

Regarding Hodges - I think OLB will be addressed in the first round of the draft. Look for the Steelers to draft Dion Jordan, Alex Okafor or Barkevious Mingo in the first round to solidify the ROLB opposite Woodley. They can't ignore this position anymore as Harrison can't produce pressure. This could be attributed to many different things, but simply put, this James Harrison isn't the Harrison of old and his age and ailments are starting to show. One of those three ^ will be the Steelers' first round pick. Bank on it.

I love, love, love the idea of grabbing Rambo in the third round. Sadly, I don't think he falls that far.

Overall, not a bad mock but later on in the year we'll get a more accurate representation of these guys themselves and a more accurate mock will emerge. For example, my early mock is:

First Round / 32 - Dion Jordan / ROLB - Oregon

Second Round / 40 - *TRADE*- Tony Jefferson / FS - Oklahoma

And after that I'm not sure, but I have the Steelers trading their third and fourth round picks to grab Jefferson, so I'll update it after that. If the Steelers grab Jordan and Jefferson, this defense just became the best in the NFL again. With two rookies.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
cbrunn
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
It's not bad for a very early mock, but there's a couple questionable picks on here. I'll start with Ogletree. While he's a very talented ILB, he's not necessarily worth a first round pick. Adding to that, he's only a junior and all reports have him very unlikely to come out. If he does decide to enter the draft, though, he'd be a solid second round pick for the Steelers and could potentially end up being the long term answer at MLB.

Regarding Hodges - I think OLB will be addressed in the first round of the draft. Look for the Steelers to draft Dion Jordan, Alex Okafor or Barkevious Mingo in the first round to solidify the ROLB opposite Woodley. They can't ignore this position anymore as Harrison can't produce pressure. This could be attributed to many different things, but simply put, this James Harrison isn't the Harrison of old and his age and ailments are starting to show. One of those three ^ will be the Steelers' first round pick. Bank on it.

I love, love, love the idea of grabbing Rambo in the third round. Sadly, I don't think he falls that far.

Overall, not a bad mock but later on in the year we'll get a more accurate representation of these guys themselves and a more accurate mock will emerge. For example, my early mock is:

First Round / 32 - Dion Jordan / ROLB - Oregon

Second Round / 40 - *TRADE*- Tony Jefferson / FS - Oklahoma

And after that I'm not sure, but I have the Steelers trading their third and fourth round picks to grab Jefferson, so I'll update it after that. If the Steelers grab Jordan and Jefferson, this defense just became the best in the NFL again. With two rookies.
A couple Mock drafts I've seen had Ogletree 1st round ... If he comes out he will be a 1st round pick ... He has all the tools to be the best LB in the draft class... He's even good at blitzing but he's not asked to do that as they have Jarvis Jones... He's super long and spectacular for a LB in coverage seeing that he was a number 1 ranked Safety coming out of High School ... has the speed and the instincts, he needs to get a little stronger maybe but he has the frame at 6'3 to get stronger and he arm tackles

I don't know much about the Oregon LB but i think Mingo is overrated and I don't want the Steelers to go any where close to him ...

Hodges comes from Line Backer U , is a tackling machine and good in coverage ... now with him at OLB you might take away a little bit of pass rush but you gain in sideline to sideline speed and coverage ... but you could also move Timmons to his more natural position OLB and have him always attacking which is what he does best and have Hodges and Ogletree inside ...

I also agree Rambo will probably be gone by then, but most mocks i seen had him available at our pick in the 3rd so I put him there...also the downside to Rambo is there are a ton of safety's this draft class ... so teams might not want to jump on 1 seeing that they can get just as good of one later on the draft

but you're right it's early