Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #81
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,468 Times in 2,748 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Welcome to NY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyGiantz View Post
The strangest part is both of our franchises have had a ton of success, both lately and historically and there are fans crying about stuff. Can you imagine if we were fans of a team with zero success like Cleveland, Kansas City, etc. I just imagine the days of Dave Brown as my quarterback and immediately am grateful for what I got now even if its a terrible game like last week.
Dave Brown was awesome though, I will always remember that time he trucked Deion Sanders and trash talked him right after
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #82
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,753 Times in 8,641 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
The strangest part is both of our franchises have had a ton of success, both lately and historically and there are fans crying about stuff. Can you imagine if we were fans of a team with zero success like Cleveland, Kansas City, etc. I just imagine the days of Dave Brown as my quarterback and immediately am grateful for what I got now even if its a terrible game like last week.
Exactly. My wife is a Chargers fan (by birth), and they have nothing to hang their hats on... nothing. Heck, their biggest hero is Dennis Gibson. And, if one Google's his name, one can see just how sorry that truly is.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #83
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,468 Times in 2,748 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Exactly. My wife is a Chargers fan (by birth), and they have nothing to hang their hats on... nothing. Heck, their biggest hero is Dennis Gibson. And, if one Google's his name, one can see just how sorry that truly is.
seriously? i would have thought dan fouts or junior seau
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #84
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,266 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:

Really?

So that means that guys like:

Sid Gillman, Don Koryell, Dan Fouts, Charlie Joiner, John Jefferson, Kellen Winslow, Wes Chandler, John Hadl, Philip Rivers, Natrone Means, Chuck Muncie, LaDainian Tomlinson, Lance Alworth, Antonio Gates, Kris Dielman, Doug Wilkerson, Fred Dean, Louie Kelcher, Jamal Williams, Shawne Merriman, Junior Seau, Willie Buchanon, Gill Byrd, Rodney Harrison, Quentin Jammer, John Carney, Speedy Duncan, Darren Sproles, Mike Scifres,..

are all what? Upholstery?

I mean, the Chargers may not have a trophy case full of hardware, but they had (and still have) some really great players and coaches and have been a big part of NFL history.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #85
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,666 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
thats just it. the new generation of steeler fans have yet to suffer with the likes of a mark malone or cliff stout. they weren't around for the 80's, so they don't appreciate anything less than a super bowl trophy.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #86
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
seriously? i would have thought dan fouts or junior seau
Dan Fouts never got them to the SuperBowl.

Junior did... but, they overlook his 17 tackles in that AFCCG, while simultaneously applauding Dennis Gibson.

Bolt fans are strange folk.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #87
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Really?

So that means that guys like:

Sid Gillman, Don Koryell, Dan Fouts, Charlie Joiner, John Jefferson, Kellen Winslow, Wes Chandler, John Hadl, Philip Rivers, Natrone Means, Chuck Muncie, LaDainian Tomlinson, Lance Alworth, Antonio Gates, Kris Dielman, Doug Wilkerson, Fred Dean, Louie Kelcher, Jamal Williams, Shawne Merriman, Junior Seau, Willie Buchanon, Gill Byrd, Rodney Harrison, Quentin Jammer, John Carney, Speedy Duncan, Darren Sproles, Mike Scifres,..

are all what? Upholstery?

I mean, the Chargers may not have a trophy case full of hardware, but they had (and still have) some really great players and coaches and have been a big part of NFL history.
Yes, seriously. Crazy, huh.

It might be because they know that I am a Steelers fan, and thus, whenever we start to talk football, someone undoubtedly will scream out, "DENNIS GIBSON!!!" And then, the mob mentality sets in, and the chants start up, "Gibson!!! Gibson!!! Gibson!!!"

Again, it might just be when they are around me... a Steelers fan.

[Side-note: My personal favorite non-Steeler: Rodney Harrison. He played like I would have liked ot have played.]
Old 11-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #88
NyGiantz
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
Dave Brown was awesome though, I will always remember that time he trucked Deion Sanders and trash talked him right after
By far my favorite moment with DB. The talent surrounding him was awful minus Rodney Hampton but he was pretty bad as well. If there were message boards around then I can only imagine. He was so despised around here that he had to wear his sunglasses when he was paying toll at the toll booths on the turnpike cuz even they would give him so much shit. For what it's worth I still rocked my Dave Brown 17 with pride lol like some of you did with your mark Malone jerseys
Old 11-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #89
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,266 Times in 561 Posts

Quote:
Yes, seriously. Crazy, huh.

It might be because they know that I am a Steelers fan, and thus, whenever we start to talk football, someone undoubtedly will scream out, "DENNIS GIBSON!!!" And then, the mob mentality sets in, and the chants start up, "Gibson!!! Gibson!!! Gibson!!!"

Again, it might just be when they are around me... a Steelers fan.

[Side-note: My personal favorite non-Steeler: Rodney Harrison. He played like I would have liked ot have played.]
My fondest Charger memories involve Monday Night Football games between the late-70's Steelers and the Chargers with Fouts and "Air Coryell".

In those games, the defenses would basically take the night off and it was all about QB's and Wide Receivers and usually the last team to score was the winner.

Those were the days!