Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #21
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: Who has the feeling that we are going to start a special run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Normally, I would agree with you. PITT generally plays down, and good teams play up. BUT... I think Haley wants to rub it in KC's face. I could see a score around... this:
KC 9
PITT 38
I almost fully agree with you. Haley will NOT let this offense sleep on KC. I can't tell with the defense, but I'm guessing we'll see large numbers on offense. 34 point's. Hopefully the whole team showes up and we hold these chumps to 6 points or less and we give. The K.C. Doormats a well rounded offensive attack. Ben breaks 300 with 3 through the air and our starting back hits 150 and we get 2 on the ground.

Positive Note...... The new offense is averaging more points per game under Haleys watch as Opposed to Arians coma like coordinating. I'd also like to add in the fact that we have finished at least 2 or 3 of our games with control of the ball and in the redzone and chose to ran out the clock instead of adding another easy 3-7 points to the final score. What I'm saying is that scoring 30+ points a game seems to be very possible and almost can be an assumption once the injuries are a thing of the past. I feel pretty confident that our defense is good enough to consistently hold opposing offenses to 24 points a game or less week in and week out.

Cheers fellas, Steelers are shaping up for another run at the bowl very soon. I hope Ben can capture another ring before his retirement.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #22
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

I am waiting to see if Woodley and Harrison have enough left in the tank.
JeromeBetties63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #23
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Harrison will be heating up by week thirteen, and by playoffs, "BOOMSHAKALAKA! HE'S ON FIRE!"

As for Woodley.... Why wouldn't he have anything in the tank? He's a young man.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #24
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,010 Times in 7,603 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
I almost fully agree with you. Haley will NOT let this offense sleep on KC. I can't tell with the defense, but I'm guessing we'll see large numbers on offense. 34 point's. Hopefully the whole team showes up and we hold these chumps to 6 points or less and we give. The K.C. Doormats a well rounded offensive attack. Ben breaks 300 with 3 through the air and our starting back hits 150 and we get 2 on the ground.

Positive Note...... The new offense is averaging more points per game under Haleys watch as Opposed to Arians coma like coordinating. I'd also like to add in the fact that we have finished at least 2 or 3 of our games with control of the ball and in the redzone and chose to ran out the clock instead of adding another easy 3-7 points to the final score. What I'm saying is that scoring 30+ points a game seems to be very possible and almost can be an assumption once the injuries are a thing of the past. I feel pretty confident that our defense is good enough to consistently hold opposing offenses to 24 points a game or less week in and week out.

Cheers fellas, Steelers are shaping up for another run at the bowl very soon. I hope Ben can capture another ring before his retirement.
1. Agreed.

2. Those late game kneel down shall not occur in this game. The game might have ended 9-31... but, I see a late-game TD... because, Haley wants ot anihiltae his former team. 9-31 with 23 seconds left... 9-38, after a last second TD run by Dwyer.

3. I foresee a three-peat, followed by retirement (with 5 rings & 6 SuperBowl appearances).
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #25
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Harrison will be heating up by week thirteen, and by playoffs, "BOOMSHAKALAKA! HE'S ON FIRE!"

As for Woodley.... Why wouldn't he have anything in the tank? He's a young man.
Because he hasn't been his old self yet this season, that's why.
JeromeBetties63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #26
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,017 Times in 407 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

every time i think that we are gearing up to be great, we blow it. so no....i think we will suck
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #27
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

The pieces are there and I have seen a collective heart and will to win the past few games I did not feel was there last year.

I see youth and hunger and players stepping up.

If we can just put the pieces together I think this team could be on the brink of a very special run.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #28
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
This has TRAP GAME written all over it. Every time we get this confident we choke and gag... and occasionally lose to a team that has no business beating us.

That team that wins the SB is the team that gets hot late. We don't want to be peaking the next few weeks...but at the same time we need to win the games we should win.

I just knew this game would end up something like this... we can only hope that our season isn't over with a serious Ben injury. With out him we are done.

Tomlin has done this every time we play a bad team.. he plays down to their level. I always thought it was because Arians was out thinking him self... maybe the real issue is Tomlin is out thinking him self? Two weeks in a row ...2 ridiculously stupid play calls: Fake FG that would have tied the game...late... and NOW going for it on 4th and and a yard at mid field against a really bad team in a tie game...

sure neither bone head move cost us a win... why on earth would you risk losing field position in a 10-10 game - in the 2nd half? against a team that can't sustain long drives? Why wouldn't you make the chiefs drive the field ? We get stuffed of course... then we lucked out when they couldn't turn that bond head mistake into points. Tomlin is lucky...that's all I can say.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote