Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #41
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111
Default Re: No chance vs Chiefs

I believe it will be much much closer. 24-23
WVABE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #42
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,033 Times in 4,297 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Advanced Scouting: Chiefs

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel points to a friend on the sidelines prior to the start of the NFL game between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Diego Chargers Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012 in San Diego.

Thu Nov 8, 2012.
By Mike Bires

So just how bad are the Chiefs? Consider this: Not once during any of their eight games have they had a lead.

In their only win, a 27-24 overtime decision over the Saints in September, the Chiefs never led until kicker Ryan Succop booted a field goal with 6:27 left in OT.

“We don’t like where we are, but we are the ones who put ourselves in this position,” coach Romeo Crennel said. “We have to work our way out of it. That’s what I’ve been telling the team. We’re trying to eliminate mistakes and trying to play better.”

Today, Times NFL reporter Mike Bires takes a look at the hapless Chiefs (1-7), who are 12.5-point underdogs for their next game, a Monday night encounter against the Steelers (5-3) at Heinz Field.

OFFENSE

There are some talented players, namely RB Jamaal Charles and WR Dwayne Bowe. Charles ranks ninth in the NFL with 79.3 rushing yards per game. Bowe is tied for 13th with 45 catches. But collectively, the Chiefs are a disaster offensively.

They lead the NFL with 29 giveaways (15 fumbles, 14 interceptions). They’re giving the ball away 3.6 times per game.

“We’ve done a lot of good but at the same time, in this game in the NFL, it comes down simply to turnovers, penalties and big plays,” QB Matt Cassel said. “Anytime you have a lot of turnovers, you have a lot of penalties and you give up the big plays (defensively), it’s hard to win in this league.

“We have to do a better job of protecting the football.”

Cassel has been the main culprit when it comes to turnovers. He’s committed 18 of them -- 11 interceptions and seven lost fumbles.

Cassel was replaced two weeks ago by Brady Quinn. But before he was knocked out of the starting lineup with a concussion, Quinn served up three interceptions.

With Quinn still not cleared to play, Cassel will start against the Steelers.

One of Cassel’s targets will be WR Jon Baldwin (Aliquippa/Pitt). Baldwin, who’s only started two games this year, has caught 15 passes for 213 yards and no touchdowns.

DEFENSE

Defensively, the Chiefs might not be as pathetic as they are on offense. But they’re close.

They rank 30th by allowing 30.0 points per game. They’re last in yards allowed per pass attempt at 8.9 and tied for 29th in TD passes allowed with 17. They’re 26th in rushing yards allowed per attempt at 4.6.

No wonder Crennel fired himself as the Chiefs’ defensive coordinator on Monday and turned over those duties to linebackers coach Gary Gibbs.

“We have a lot of young players on both sides of the ball. I needed to work on that perception and get them to feel like I am coaching the whole team and not just the defense,” Crennel said. “That’s why I removed myself from the defensive coordinator role so I could concentrate on the whole team more.”

Two of the Chiefs’ top two defenders are ILB Derrick Johnson and OLB Tamba Hali, both Pro Bowlers last year. Hali, an ex-Penn State star, has five sacks this year and 58.5 in his career.

The Chiefs’ sack leader this year is ILB Justin Houston with six.

Starting at nose tackle is rookie Dontari Poe, who the Steelers considered taking in the first round of this year’s draft.

THE COACH

Romeo Crennel, 65, may have received the kiss of death recently when Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli gave him a vote of confidence.

“I am still confident in Romeo as the day I hired him,” Pioli said.

Still, there’s speculation that if the Chiefs can’t turn things around or at least show some improvement, Crennel won’t last the year.

Pioli pulled the trigger and fired Todd Haley last year when the Chiefs were 5-8 after 13 games. In 2010, Haley’s second year on the job, the Chiefs won the AFC West with a 10-6 record.

“You know in the NFL and in today’s society, it’s an I-want-it-done-yesterday league,” Crennel said. “It’s gotten to that point, and if you can’t get it done right away, people look for changes and for something different. That is part of the beast that we have to deal with.”

Crennel’s claim to fame was his four-year stint from 2001-04 as the Patriots’ defensive coordinator. In three of those four years, the Patriots won the Super Bowl. In 2005, Crennel was hired as head coach of the Browns. He lasted four years in Cleveland, with one winning season (10-6 in 2007) and an overall record of 24-40.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/st...d3db98132.html
Old 11-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #43
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,281 Times in 2,050 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

I'm sorry, but I just can't take any team seriously with a head coach of Romeo Crennel.
Steelers win this one big.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:47 AM   #44
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,776 Times in 835 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

I just read somewhere that Ricky Stanzi hasn't necessarily been ruled out to possibly play in this game. They might be trying to make us think it's Matt Cassel and then hit us with someone different. I very highly doubt it, but with the way they've been playing they need a spark.

Before everyone laughs at Stanzi I grew up an Iowa Hawkeye fan. This guy was the comeback king in 2009 at Iowa, and statistically had his best season his senior year. I'm not saying that translates to the NFL necessarily, but the kid has moxie. I've been pulling for him to see some playing time though I don't think he'd have much of a chance against our defense.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #45
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,100 Times in 489 Posts

Anyone who watched the Colts/Jags game knows that we need to handle KC the way the Colts handled the Jags - and THEY did it on the road.

If we have trouble with KC, then we're not out of the woods yet.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #46
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
I'm sorry, but I just can't take any team seriously with a head coach of Romeo Crennel.

I hear ya. Whats with this guy and whats he have over on these team owners? Did they commit a crime and he knows where they hid the body?
He was TERRIBLE in Cleveland beyond belief - now looks like a complete mockery over there in KC. It's downright embarrassing.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #47
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,034 Times in 2,579 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
i heard he's a real romeo with the ladies, though

[YOUTUBE]jcxHNzpfWSo[/YOUTUBE]
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #48
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,281 Times in 2,050 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #49
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,776 Times in 835 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
I bet the Green Bay Packers and their fans all said that last year when Crennel took over and beat them. Any team can win on any given Sunday, Monday, or Thursday.... Also they almost beat us last year with Palko behind center. If not for a game clinching interception we might have lost the game.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #50
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Hold your nose when these Chiefs play

BY SAM MELLINGER
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs defensive end Tyson Jackson couldn't watch the final seconds of Thursday's loss.

SAN DIEGO -- Keep in mind...

The only drama left is whether the Chiefs will ever lead a game, ...

They haven’t held a lead in any part of their first eight games, the first team to be so thoroughly overmatched since at least 1929.

That’s nineteen-twenty-nine — the year of the (original) stock market crash. To give you an idea, in 1929, the NFL included teams in Frankford, Pa.; Staten Island, N.Y.; and Dayton, Ohio.

This is achievement of incompetence is at once both stunning and unfathomable. Even the winless Lions of 2008 managed a few leads. Actually, by this point in their flawlessly inept season, the Lions had leads in four games — including three in the fourth quarter. That team had occasional hope. This one squashes such silliness at every opportunity.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/02...#storylink=cpy
Kansas City Chiefs Record (at least according to NFL.com): 1 - 7 - 0

Am I missing something?