Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #101
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,645 Times in 10,400 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Are We Ready For Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Someone please pass the eyebleach-- it will take me years to get that dreadful picture out of my mind....
I once felt the same way, after being "tub girled." In fact, it still makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

I get an email from my brother-in-law... I see a link... I open it... AGH!!! Tub girl!!!

I haven't been the same since.

Likewise, my brother-in-law sent my good friend & I a "link" to a website that did enlargements of the photo of Bettis trucking Urlacher. I knew better; my friend did not. Lemon party!!!

My friend hasn't answered an email from my brother-in-law since.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #102
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

Have you been to Pittsburgh in the last twenty 20 years? The city is a modern center of international business. It is a clean, modern, well planned city with a beautiful waterfront stretching for miles. It is safe, clean, and easy to navigate by foot or car. Last time I was there a Pirates game had just let out and we could not even tell traffic cleared out so quickly. The locals re polite and friendly. And guess what, you can drive through any one of multiple tunnels into and out of the city without getting gouged for $6. Oh yeah, the Zoo is modern facility that includes the aquarium, which is ten times better than the Baltimore Zoo and Aquarium. And visiting both together is cheaper than either the Baltimore Zoo or Aquarium separately. Oh yeah, the science center is get this - free!

Now, let me contrast that with Baltimore, from which I have lived about twenty miles north of my entire life:

Baltimore is trash ridden welfare state with corrupt politicians acting as ringleaders. I think at one time the entire city council was being investigated for corruption. The last mayor was convicted of theft and fraud. The traffic sucks on a regular day, forget about getting anywhere during a Ravens or Orioles game. It costs $6 to get into and out of the city through the tunnels. I dare you to walk around Baltimore at night (or most of the city by day for that matter). Baltimore City residents are rude, inconsiderate, and act like animals. I lived in Baltimore County for a year, I could not stand it, and promptly moved back to Harford County.

So, please answer my question regarding the last time you went to Pittsburgh. I want to gauge the reference point for your comments. If you have been there recently, and you say Baltimore is a better city than PItsburgh, then you lie. If you have never been there, and you make those comments, then you are an ignorant troll with an agenda. I am fine with that, but don't make outrageous statements with no basis in experience or fact.

Baltimore City is a welfare wasteland. It is dirty, unsafe, and mismanaged. That is a fact.

Oh yeah, the Steeler Nation is an exclusive club. We just don't let anyone in. So go away. Kill some time and take a walk through Dunbar around 1:00 am. I hear that is a great area for tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesk View Post
Ahh yes, the vaunted Steeler Nation. Sounds like a Latin American narco state run by an illiterate Generalissimo and his coked out son. Pittsburgh has always been one of the most polluted cities in the US; even after it's citizens managed to wreck their manufacturing economy. It's a bit too late to start cleaning up now. Yeah inner city Baltimore is a dump but in general that region is very prosperous; unlike all of Western PA which is the epitome of Rust Belt. Steelers will probably become the first NFL team to accept foodstamps in payment for tickets. That would make their fanbase happy. Should be funny watching your cleaning crews scrape up what is left of BR after Suggs and Ngata get through with him. He was never the most handsome guy in the world but after Ngata mangled his nose he just looks grotesque. No wonder no woman wants him. As for talking smack on R. Lewis think for a moment about who is more reviled in our society nowadays; a guy who gets into a bar fight defending himself and it goes wrong or a guy who thinks its okay to post his posse outside the Ladies Lavatory and threaten someone who can't defend herself from a guy twice her size? And as for talking smack on WY ask yourselves this: Where does half of America go on vaction in the summer? Sure as hell isn't Pittsburgh. The alcohol comment from Utah was pretty funny but you can buy booze throughout Utah now. They are just jerks about it. The border areas with Utah used to be flush with stores selling cool stuff like fireworks, booze, and cigars.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #103
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyvalve View Post
Have you been to Pittsburgh in the last twenty 20 years? The city is a modern center of international business. It is a clean, modern, well planned city with a beautiful waterfront stretching for miles. It is safe, clean, and easy to navigate by foot or car. Last time I was there a Pirates game had just let out and we could not even tell traffic cleared out so quickly. The locals re polite and friendly. And guess what, you can drive through any one of multiple tunnels into and out of the city without getting gouged for $6. Oh yeah, the Zoo is modern facility that includes the aquarium, which is ten times better than the Baltimore Zoo and Aquarium. And visiting both together is cheaper than either the Baltimore Zoo or Aquarium separately. Oh yeah, the science center is get this - free!

Now, let me contrast that with Baltimore, from which I have lived about twenty miles north of my entire life:

Baltimore is trash ridden welfare state with corrupt politicians acting as ringleaders. I think at one time the entire city council was being investigated for corruption. The last mayor was convicted of theft and fraud. The traffic sucks on a regular day, forget about getting anywhere during a Ravens or Orioles game. It costs $6 to get into and out of the city through the tunnels. I dare you to walk around Baltimore at night (or most of the city by day for that matter). Baltimore City residents are rude, inconsiderate, and act like animals. I lived in Baltimore County for a year, I could not stand it, and promptly moved back to Harford County.

So, please answer my question regarding the last time you went to Pittsburgh. I want to gauge the reference point for your comments. If you have been there recently, and you say Baltimore is a better city than PItsburgh, then you lie. If you have never been there, and you make those comments, then you are an ignorant troll with a agenda. I am fine with that, but don't make outrageous statements with no basis in experience or fact.

Baltimore City is a welfare wasteland. It is dirty, unsafe, and mismanaged. That is a fact.
You left out the Hookers and drug dealers......

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #104
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Ummm... I think we need to be concerned about being ready for the CHIEFS! Taking teams lightly in the NFL is a bad thing to do. Especially for a team like the Steelers who play every game and every team close. Don't be surprised if it's still a game midway through the 4th quarter Monday night. That's how we roll and sometimes we get burned by a turnover or big PI penalty. Let's worry about the Ratbirds starting on Tuesday.
desertsteel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #105
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

And while your at it the rapes, murders and holdups on a daily basis.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #106
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,467 Times in 3,546 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Ummm... I think we need to be concerned about being ready for the CHIEFS! Taking teams lightly in the NFL is a bad thing to do. Especially for a team like the Steelers who play every game and every team close. Don't be surprised if it's still a game midway through the 4th quarter Monday night. That's how we roll and sometimes we get burned by a turnover or big PI penalty. Let's worry about the Ratbirds starting on Tuesday.
no doubt, sometimes playing against a team with nothing to lose can be dangerous. but i have a feeling haley wants revenge and this offense will be looking for blood
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #107
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
no doubt, sometimes playing against a team with nothing to lose can be dangerous. but i have a feeling haley wants revenge and this offense will be looking for blood
No doubt. And based on this year's results in KC, it would appear that Haley got a raw deal out there. This league is all about QBs... if you have one then you are a great coach. If you don't then you're not. Haley didn't have one in KC.

If the Steelers go deep in playoffs I can see Haley getting another HC job next year, especially with a revamped reputation around the league.
desertsteel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #109
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

Here we are. The game against KC....then the thorn in our side....Batimore! My prediction for our game today against KC is a win. I hope we blow them out like Baltimore did to Oakland.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #110
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
Here we are. The game against KC....then the thorn in our side....Batimore! My prediction for our game today against KC is a win. I hope we blow them out like Baltimore did to Oakland.
The Steelers don't need to blow out KC, they just need to take care of business Monday Night. You don't get brownie points based on how bad you beat your opponent, and the Ravens don't get any brownie points by destroying Oakland. They don't get an extra win by winning by 35. At the end of the day it's just one game.

Let Baltimore have their "style points", it's the only thing they have going for them, because they have failed when it matters most.

It shouldn't be a surprise by now. This is how the Ravens operate. Baltimore wins their Super Bowls in September and November, not in February.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
ChristianKustomz (11-11-2012), Dalarin (11-12-2012)