Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #21
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: David Petraeus resigns from CIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Call me what you want, but if you smell shit, you assume someone shit. Half the country smells shit, and the other half is playing damage control. You're on the other half.
Gotta agree with this.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #22
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,415 Times in 1,651 Posts

Quote:
Call me what you want, but if you smell shit, you assume someone shit. Half the country smells shit, and the other half is playing damage control. You're on the other half.
Damage control and burying their heads in the sand.

Meanwhile looking in the other hand we still have 4 dead americans that were killed by work place violence.
Viva Las Vegas

And in the back pocket iran tried shooting down a U.S. drone 3 days before the election.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #23
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,790 Times in 2,676 Posts

Quote:
Compelled by whom? Obama doesn't want him to testify, I can assure you that. Mr. Petraeus resigned and took his pension with him. This whole thing will get swept under the rug, and the truth about it will NEVER be admitted. This is the CIA and the American Government, after all...
Congress has the authority to hold a person in contempt if the person's conduct or action obstructs the proceedings of Congress or, more usually, an inquiry by a committee of Congress.

Contempt of Congress is defined in statute, 2 U.S.C.A. 192, enacted in 1938, which states that any person who is summoned before Congress who "willfully makes default, or who, having appeared, refuses to answer any question pertinent to the question under inquiry" shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a maximum $1,000 fine and 12 month imprisonment.

Before a Congressional witness may be convicted of contempt, it must be established that the matter under investigation is a subject which Congress has constitutional power to legislate.

Generally, the same Constitutional rights against self-incrimination that apply in a judicial setting apply when one is testifying before Congress

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/contempt_of_congress

Peter King (the Congressman, not the SI football writer) certainly thinks Petraeus will still be testifying

King said on CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront" that Petraeus is "an absolutely essential witness, maybe more than anybody else."

"David Petraeus testifying has nothing to do with whether or not he's still the CIA director, and I don't see how the CIA can say he's not going to testify," King said.

"I think his testimony is certainly valuable, it's certainly necessary," King continued. "He was at the center of this and he has answers that only he has."

If Petraeus does not testify as originally scheduled on Thursday, King said, "It should be very soon after that."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ude-testimony/

In terms of former federal officials testifying before Congressional committees about alleged coverups, do you think Haldeman and Ehrlichman testified before the Senate Watergate committee just because it was the right thing to do?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,135 Times in 2,639 Posts

yeah bayz, theres this whole other thing called legislative and judicial branch (kinda impt components of our entire system) who might feel compelled to hear what he has to say.

Quote:
I've read comments on blogs, articles. Facebook posts and forums, and it's always the democrats playing damage control.
im gonna have to start making sure youre bundled up in your warm winter coat, mittens, and tinfoil cap when you go out to play at SU's house.

we dont want you to get sick.

ive read comments on blogs and articles at PFT. people hate the steelers more than some steelerboards hate democrats, so of course theyre all going to be slanted. most still think obama is a socialsist islam born in kenya, but then again, most people are complete idiots.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #25
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Draw your own conclusions as to whether or not his fling with Ms. Broadwell was a one time only straying by the former General

The F.B.I. investigation that led to the resignation of David H. Petraeus as C.I.A. director on Friday began with a complaint several months ago about “harassing” e-mails sent by Paula Broadwell, Mr. Petraeus’s biographer, to an unidentified third person, a government official briefed on the case said on Saturday.

When F.B.I. agents following up on the complaint began to examine Ms. Broadwell’s e-mails, they discovered exchanges between her and Mr. Petraeus that revealed that they were having an affair, said the official, who spoke of the investigation on the condition of anonymity.

The person who complained about harassing messages from Ms. Broadwell, according to the official, was not a family member or a government official. One Congressional official who was briefed on the matter on Friday said senior intelligence officials had explained that the F.B.I. investigation “started with two women.”

The F.B.I. investigators were not pursuing evidence of Mr. Petraeus’s marital infidelity, which would not be a criminal matter, the official said. But their examination of his e-mails, most or all of them sent from a personal account and not from his C.I.A. account, raised the possibility of security breaches that needed to be addressed directly with him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/us...affair.html?hp

The collapse of the dazzling career of CIA Director David H. Petraeus was triggered when a woman whom he was having an affair with sent threatening e-mails to another woman close to him, according to three senior law enforcement officials with knowledge of the episode.

The recipient of the e-mails was so frightened that she went to the FBI for protection and help tracking down the sender, according to the officials.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...y.html?hpid=z1

If you are going to cheat on your spouse it is probably not a good idea to do it with someone who has anger management issues
Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #26
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,415 Times in 1,651 Posts

Eric Holder knows all about that contempt of congress thing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #27
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Petraeus won't testify and Hillary says phhhfthp, I won't either, I'm too busy.

House asks Clinton to testify on Benghazi, but she declines due to scheduling conflict

House investigators asked Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to testify next week about the September 11 terrorist attack in Benghazi, but she declined citing a scheduling conflict.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/house-...rticle/2513151
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:46 AM   #28
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Petraeus won't testify and Hillary says phhhfthp, I won't either, I'm too busy.
Sounds like it is time to introduce a resolution of impeachment - maybe Boehner can bring back Gingrich to run that operation
Old 11-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #29
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Whether it is "smelt" matters not. At some point @#$% makes its presence apparent, regardless of acknowledgement.

Listen to her commentary starting at 34:50.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/did-petra...et-cia-prison/
Did Petraeus mistress reveal secret CIA prison?
Paula Broadwell may have divulged new information on Benghazi scandal
Published: 48 mins ago by Aaron Klein

TEL AVIV – Did Paula Broadwell, the alleged mistress of ex-CIA Director David Petraeus, reveal a secret CIA detention center in Benghazi during a public speech she gave last month?

Broadwell, a former counterterror operative, co-authored a bestselling biography of Petraeus, titled “All In.” She discussed the book during a keynote speech on Oct. 26 at a University of Denver alumni symposium.

[YOUTUBE]dPaf5OJSskY[/YOUTUBE]

During a question-and-answer session, Broadwell was asked about this year’s Sept. 11 attacks against the U.S. mission in Benghazi.

She stated: “Now I don’t know if a lot of you heard this, but the CIA annex had actually had taken a couple of Libya militia members prisoner. And they think that the attack on the consulate was an effort to try to get these prisoners back. So that’s still being vetted.”

The existence of a U.S. prison or CIA detention center in Benghazi would be a new development in the debate surrounding the attacks there. The information does not appear to be publicly known.

An extensive WND search of news media coverage of the Benghazi attacks could find no mention of prisoners being held at the CIA annex.

Yesterday, the New York Times reported that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor spoke to an FBI whistleblower two weeks ago who accused Petraeus of not only having an extramarital affair, but potentially jeopardizing the security of classified information.

During the same university speech, Broadwell may have also divulged information that Petraeus knew “within 24 hours” of CIA annex’s request for reinforcements, reported Israel National News.

“The challenging thing for Gen. Petraeus,” she stated, “is that in his new position, he’s not allowed to communicate with the press. So he’s known all of this – they had correspondence with the CIA station chief in Libya, within 24 hours they kind of knew what was happening.”

Earlier she had said the military could have sent reinforcements.

“They were requesting the – it’s called the C-in-C’s In Extremis Force – a group of Delta Force operators, our very, most talented guys we have in the military. They could have come and reinforced the consulate and the CIA annex.”

Oops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Sounds like it is time to introduce a resolution of impeachment
Lets not get out ahead of the headlights Dan. All in due time.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #30
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post

Lets not get out ahead of the headlights Dan. All in due time.
Five days after the GOP got smacked around (no incumbent has been re-elected with an unemployment rate this high since FDR - good work) and that's your plan?

Good luck