Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #11
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,043 Times in 8,038 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Editorial: Even Vince McMahon Turned His Head in Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I'm surprised nobody has commented on THIS farce...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...wn-1-yd-run-TD

This was right after Clark's asinine "Blow to the Head" Call on Cruz. Even the Giants announcers weren't sure he got in.

Goodell and his fuckbrain Zebra crew put a real damper on what was a really great game between two class organizations. I hold nothing against the Giants, though. It wasn't their fault.
True. It has been overlooked in the midst of a bevy of other ridiculous calls.

Lost... like tears in the rain.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer72 View Post
Whats really sad is the news media hasn't said anything about!
I know, huh.

Mike & Mike, Pat Kirwin, and a few others talked about it, but the operative word is "few."
Old 11-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

Saying refs were in on it only masks the fact that refs are actually blind and dumb when it comes to calling penalties sometimes. They called two penalties on that drive because they "assumed" there was a foul, not because they saw it.

Now, with that, if we all see a penalty, because we have the luxury of replay and 7 angles, and the ref doesnt call the penalty because he didnt see it, I will buy that more so then calling a penalty on a play because you assumed it was. That's what pisses me off with these refs in the NFL and NBA. A lot of times, the ref who isnt even in the direction where he would see something, calls a foul. If you see it, call it, if you dont, dont. That is all I am asking.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #14
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I'm surprised nobody has commented on THIS farce...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...wn-1-yd-run-TD

This was right after Clark's asinine "Blow to the Head" Call on Cruz. Even the Giants announcers weren't sure he got in.

Goodell and his fuckbrain Zebra crew put a real damper on what was a really great game between two class organizations. I hold nothing against the Giants, though. It wasn't their fault.
Yeah, that wasn't a TD. I was already so mad that one barely registered.

+1 on the Giants, it wasn't their doing and I wouldn't be surprised to find they are no less upset about it that us. ('specially since they lost anyhow! )
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #15
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Yeah I definitely yelled and threw my hat across the room after that 41yd phantom pass interference call where Lewis was textbook in playing the ball and batting it away. After that Personal Foul Hit to the Head call I had steam blowing out of my ears. That was absolutely pathetic and Victor Cruz should be fined for the acting job he did to help get that call.
I honestly don't think Cruz was acting, his azz got lit up (cleanly!) by one of the hardest hitters in the league and that flag came out QUICK. I think he was sucking for air at that point, not thinking acting for a flag...

Of course I could be wrong...
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #16
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera176 View Post
I honestly don't think Cruz was acting, his azz got lit up (cleanly!) by one of the hardest hitters in the league and that flag came out QUICK. I think he was sucking for air at that point, not thinking acting for a flag...

Of course I could be wrong...
Agreed: Cruz was actually in pain. I think that the other person might have been talking "tongue in cheek", because Cruz supposedly got hit in the head... but... he was grabbing his ribs... so, unless the refs were wrong... (couldn't be)... Cruz must have been acting. (At least that's the way that I read it.)

Regardless, that flag came before Cruz and/or the ball hit the ground. Ergo, when the ref said, "After the play" ...well... how in the world could Clark's hit have occurred "after" the play, when the flag was thrown BEFORE the ball had officially become an incomplete pass!?!

In fact, the ball was just coming off of Ike Taylor's fingertips, when that flag came out... meaning a tipped pass... meaning that Clark had EVERY right to knock Cruz to the ground. There is so much about that play that is just wrong.

As OX stated:
Call what you ACTUALLY see; not what you THINK you see.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #17
STEELERNATION657
Water Boy

Member Number: 24490

I was so pissed off about what was happening in this game, Goodell would be better off running a chain of convenience stores. He would probably suck at that too! Thanks for the post!
STEELERNATION657 is offline   Reply With Quote