Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #21
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,998 Times in 4,255 Posts
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

So, your logic is attempt a play right now and see if it's still a viable option against a team in three years? You have to know how ridiculously stupid that sounds.

Also, the Harbaugh's weren't "much sought after". They're going to fall into the category of 'coaches who will never win a Super Bowl' because they are average. Have you ever seen Jim Harbaugh on the sidelines? He looks like a cartoon character. Frothing at the mouth and acting like there's a substantial amount of sand in or around his vagina.

As for John? Well, his gatorade bath after sweeping the Steelers' shows how much class he has. Enjoy it buddy, it's the only success you'll ever achieve.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #22
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
So I guess it is obvious why you see fake field goals so rarely by NFL teams up by at least 3 TDs - other NFL coaches are not as smart as John Harbaugh?

If John Harbaugh was "much sought after" why was he 45 years old and coaching special teams in Philly when he was hired by the Ravens
How often do you think a coach would even consider it? Never. That isn't even to mention dealing with the aftermath of school kids crying 'that's not fair' if someone thinks they are trying to run up the score.

Should they play hopscotch when there is still over a quarter left in the game to play? Or maybe it does take a genius to practice in a real game things they rarely get to do.

A chessmaster does not sacrifice a pawn even, unless it is going to give him an advantage.

How often do you see guys going from Special Teams to a Head Coach, pretty much never. He had to switch over to defensive back to even be considered. Next year he had a head coaching gig.

Of course, more hoopla was about Jim after what he did with San Diego and Stanford. Look at what he is doing with San Fran...

The proof is in the pudding. They can take shit and polish it into a diamond.

But yeah, hate on them all you want because they score points when they don't need to.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #23
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
So, your logic is attempt a play right now and see if it's still a viable option against a team in three years? You have to know how ridiculously stupid that sounds.

Also, the Harbaugh's weren't "much sought after". They're going to fall into the category of 'coaches who will never win a Super Bowl' because they are average. Have you ever seen Jim Harbaugh on the sidelines? He looks like a cartoon character. Frothing at the mouth and acting like there's a substantial amount of sand in or around his vagina.

As for John? Well, his gatorade bath after sweeping the Steelers' shows how much class he has. Enjoy it buddy, it's the only success you'll ever achieve.
No, you're right. The best time to weed out trick plays that don't work is in practice and not real games.... like how we got those Giants with our fake field goal attempt.

Nice future predicting there. I didn't realize success was hand-in-hand with sideline demeanor.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #24
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,454 Times in 2,742 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
How often do you think a coach would even consider it? Never. That isn't even to mention dealing with the aftermath of school kids crying 'that's not fair' if someone thinks they are trying to run up the score.

Should they play hopscotch when there is still over a quarter left in the game to play? Or maybe it does take a genius to practice in a real game things they rarely get to do.

A chessmaster does not sacrifice a pawn even, unless it is going to give him an advantage.

How often do you see guys going from Special Teams to a Head Coach, pretty much never. He had to switch over to defensive back to even be considered. Next year he had a head coaching gig.

Of course, more hoopla was about Jim after what he did with San Diego and Stanford. Look at what he is doing with San Fran...

But yeah, hate on them all you want because they score points when they don't need to.
neither of them will ever win a super bowl. what do both of the harbaughs have in common? they choke during the championship games and will continue to do so.

yeah i'm sipping the haterade, so what
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #25
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
No, you're right. The best time to weed out trick plays that don't work is in practice and not real games.... like how we got those Giants with our fake field goal attempt.

Nice future predicting there. I didn't realize success was hand-in-hand with sideline demeanor.
I didn't say it was wrong to try trick plays, but to expect a trick play you used three seasons ago and had success to work in the current season is absolutely ridiculous.

Yep, I'm going to predict the future. Look at the coaches that have won Super Bowls in the last few years and how they act on the sidelines. They look and act professional. They don't scream and belittle the officials and try to squeak extra timeouts from inexperienced guys they know they can take advantage of - they're respectful and professional. Tomlin, Belichick, and McCarthy are all the epitome of success and professionalism - something the Harbaughs know absolutely nothing about.

It's time to take your buttlove for the Harbaughs to another site - you're not going to be respected for your ridiculous opinions defending these two clowns on a Steelers site. Stop trying, it's a waste of time.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #26
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,250 Times in 3,252 Posts

Quote:

I am not talking about Jim

The reason you do not usually see a non-coordinator going to HC is because by their mid-40s most bona fide HC candidates have been coordinators in the meritocracy that is the NFL - Tomlin and Cowher did it in their 30s - Ravens made a good choice in hindsight with Harbaugh but it was a reach - I guess that is because the Ravens are the smartest organization in the NFL?

Among the reasons you do not see the fake FG up by multiple TD s more often are: 1) it is gutless; 2) you run the risk of having a star player taken out as payback. If you are seriously contending that it is not seen more often because John Harbaugh is smarter and a better coach than everyone else I give up or conclude you are trolling

Get back to me on what a great coach John Harbaugh is after he wins a game that merits a Gatorade bath - proof is in the pudding
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #27
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
It's time to take your buttlove for the Harbaughs to another site - you're not going to be respected for your ridiculous opinions defending these two clowns on a Steelers site. Stop trying, it's a waste of time.
This was a good debate before you decided to throw in a personal attack. Buttlove? Really? Are you 13?

Hit me back up when you make it to High School and grow up a little bit more.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #28
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,039 Times in 1,783 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Taiwan Jones is a beast!

Raiders talked all kinds of shit before this game and got OWNED all day long. When the Raiders finally started to wake up, the Ravens faked a field goal and put the game well out of the Raiders reach. I originally thought it was a dirty, cheap play by a dirty, cheap, bitch of a coach, but that's not my opinion of this specific play. A whole quarter left to play, the Raiders we're getting a little better with execution, and the trick play did them in.

Simple as that. Keep discussion civil, please.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #29
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I am not talking about Jim

The reason you do not usually see a non-coordinator going to HC is because by their mid-40s most bona fide HC candidates have been coordinators in the meritocracy that is the NFL - Tomlin and Cowher did it in their 30s - Ravens made a good choice in hindsight with Harbaugh but it was a reach - I guess that is because the Ravens are the smartest organization in the NFL?

Among the reasons you do not see the fake FG up by multiple TD s more often are: 1) it is gutless; 2) you run the risk of having a star player taken out as payback. If you are seriously contending that it is not seen more often because John Harbaugh is smarter and a better coach than everyone else I give up or conclude you are trolling

Get back to me on what a great coach John Harbaugh is after he wins a game that merits a Gatorade bath - proof is in the pudding
It is gutless, which in my eyes, makes it brilliant.

Do you see what Chip Kelly is doing at Oregon? That guy is a brilliant head coach too. If they score fewer than 50 points against top competition their offense is off.

They routinely go for it on 4th downs on their side of the field. Completely unconventional in how the team is run. That is what is making them successful. The NFL is different of course, but if someone like that were to coach in the NFL in the same manner, it could take the game to a whole other level.

Defense is there to stop me. If they can't, that's not my problem. Fix your defense and don't expect me to stop myself because you cry like a 5 year old.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #30
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
This was a good debate before you decided to throw in a personal attack. Buttlove? Really? Are you 13?

Hit me back up when you make it to High School and grow up a little bit more.
Ya know, I didn't expect much more than that. Instead of arguing my points, you're going to 'attack' the way I said it. Sure, I said it a little bit crass and rude, but your blind favoritism for the Harbaughs is a little bit insane. What have they accomplished at all for you to call them "sought after" and "great"? John has proven time and time again he can't beat elite teams in the playoffs (Steelers, Patriots) and Jim took at a franchise that was in the tubes and won ... with a second place schedule in the NFC - West, a division known for it's weak teams (this year aside). So, they've shown they can win games in the regular season and choke in the playoffs.

Yep, they're great.

Also, sorry about that Bayz. Didn't mean to come off as aggressive as I did!