Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383
Default I miss Ward

I know the last several years they didn't play him that much but I really miss Hines Ward. He had that cool smile even when the play went bad and he always had a good attitude. He set alot of records and overall was worth his money.

I personally am missing him this season. Does anyone else agree with me and miss the Ward Monster?
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,928 Times in 779 Posts
Default Re: I miss Ward

I also miss Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Jerome Bettis, Rod Woodson, Mark Bruener and Dan Kreider. Reality, is that it was time for Hines to go.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

Yeah I know. I agree but you have to admit...there was just something about Ward that brought a legacy to the team. It was really enjoyable to see a play go completely wrong in everyway and see that famous Hines smile through the grit of the helmet. I haven't see any other team member do that. I don't know I guess it was his thing to always smile like its Troys thing with his hair. It just added a nice dimension and enjoyability to watching the game. I'm not a person that likes change and I was feeling a bit nostalgic earlier. The man did our team well and he is missed!
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Blah

Not only was he a great team player, he has the greatest last name in the history of man kind, WARD! Im a bit biased...
Old 11-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #5
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

His attitude on the field was great... one of my all time favorite players... with out a doubt my all time favorite WR.

I also think he might be one of the most under rated players ever. IMO he's one of the greatest WR's to ever play the game. Name one other WR who intimidated defenses with toughness like Ward did? His presence on the field gave us an advantage not only because of his ability to make the big catch, but his ability to hit....corners and safeties wanted to know were hines was at all times...he put fear into them.

Nothing was more fun to watch then Hines against the Ravens. He was so in their heads it was ridiculous. They talked the talk... Hines walked the walk. I always found it hilarious to listen to defenses cry about Hines Ward... they never experienced anything like him...defensive players are programed to be the hunter.... when Hines made them the hunted...they didn't know what to do.

Also one of the biggest clutch players in the history of the game.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Hines was good, but not loaded with natural talent compared to many other " so called " superstars. He worked hard and in the end out shined them all.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Hines was, and is, my favorite Steeler of all-time. I proudly wore my black WARD jersey on many a Sunday while watching some Pittsburgh Steeler football. Of course, I miss him. But, as was said above me, it was his time to hang 'em up after a career in which he earned every yard and dime that was given to him. Whatever hand he had in mentoring the Young Money trio he did a good job, because these guys are the future.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,769 Times in 2,249 Posts
My Mood: Fine

and just when the aging legend retires, we get an o-line to get excited about again!

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #9
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,844 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
I know the last several years they didn't play him that much but I really miss Hines Ward. He had that cool smile even when the play went bad and he always had a good attitude. He set alot of records and overall was worth his money.

I personally am missing him this season. Does anyone else agree with me and miss the Ward Monster?
I miss my first girlfriend, I miss being 18 and I miss my '69 Chevelle SS.

Life goes on!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
BowCatShot
Banned

Member Number: 24236

I miss seeing him kick Reed's ass. Now we don't have anybody that can beat the crap outta any of the Ravens.
BowCatShot is offline   Reply With Quote