Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Hours after election, White House supports U.N.ís global ban on Guns

Following Obama Victory, U.S. Backs New U.N. Arms Treaty Talks

Just a few hours after being re-elected, President Obama encouraged the United States to support new United Nations discussions on a global treaty regulating guns and the gun industry. Supporters of the treaty believe the talks collapsed in July due to the campaign and Obamaís fears that Romney could use it against him.

Now that the President has four more years in office, the White House is ready for the discussions to begin again.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/foll...-treaty-talks/

----------------------

If Obama had his way....

SAS sniper jailed for 18 months for 'forgetting' about pistol(UK)

Sergeant Danny Nightingale, who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, was sentenced to 18 months in a military jail last week.

A working 9mm Glock handgun, given to him after he trained a counterterrorism force in 2007, was found in his home by police last year.

He said he forgot he had the weapon and failed to declare it. His wife Sally described the father of two as a 'hero who has been betrayed', while the sentence came in for more criticism after it was handed down in the days leading up to Remembrance Sunday.

Sgt Nightingale's lawyer said his client had planned to deny illegal possession of a firearm but changed his plea to guilty when warned he could face a five-year sentence if convicted.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/917609-s...g-about-pistol

----------------------

citizens respond...

US guns sales soar after Barack Obama's re-election

Owners of guns have been stocking up because they are concerned about a potential tightening of regulations on assault weapons in the president's second term.

In October the number of background checks on people applying to buy guns, an indicator of future sales, increased by 18.4 per cent.

There was a similar jump when President Obama was first elected in 2008. A total of 12.7 million background checks were carried out that year, up from 11.2 million the year before, and the number has been rising since then.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-election.html
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,484 Times in 2,390 Posts
Default Re: Hours after election, White House supports U.N.ís global ban on Guns

Quote:
That didn’t take long. Less than a day after President Obama’s re-election, the administration breathed new life into the United Nations‘ previously comatose treaty regulating guns.

Last July, the U.N. General Assembly began formal discussion of the Arms Trade Treaty, which seeks to establish “common international standards for the import, export and transfer of conventional arms.” Talks on the controversial agreement were put on indefinite hiatus after the United States requested an extension to the time allotted to negotiate the agreement. Gun rights supporters blasted the treaty as it inched toward approval, and many suspected U.S. procedural maneuvers were intended to delay the treaty so it wouldn’t become a topic of discussion during the election. It appears these suspicions were correct since “indefinite” turned out to mean until hours after Mr. Obama was re-elected.

The administration line is that the treaty applies only to firearms exports and poses no threat to domestic gun owners. “We seek a treaty that contributes to international security by fighting illicit arms trafficking and proliferation, protects the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meets the concerns that we have been articulating throughout,” an administration official said. “We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms.”

It is hard to take the White House response seriously. The treaty instructs countries to “take the necessary legislative and administrative measures, to adapt, as necessary, national laws and regulations to implement the obligations of this treaty.” The agreement’s language is so broad, vague and poorly defined it could be stretched in a variety of ways that would pose a threat to the Second Amendment. Treaty backers also want to insert provisions forcing ratifying states to promote a variety of fashionable left-wing causes including “sustainable development,” even though they have nothing to do with the arms trade.

Though the treaty is supposed to be about “gun exports,” its provisions can still be applied domestically. Activist judges adjudicating cases arising under the treaty and enabling legislation could see to that. The definition of international commerce could follow the same expansive logic liberal courts have used to redefine “interstate commerce.” Anything that indirectly or incidentally affects the trade in arms would fall under its control.

A ratified treaty, with constitutional authority, could be interpreted in a way that applies to any imported weapon or round of ammunition, those made with foreign components, those containing imported materials, those that might some day be exported, and those capable of being exported. If it affects the overall arms market, it could be said to be part of “international” trade, even if the item never leaves our shores. In practice this logic would give the government free rein to regulate all weapons, foreign and domestic. With the election out of the way, the White House can move swiftly to get the treaty through the U.N. General Assembly and up to the Senate by the summer of 2013. Elections have consequences.

The Washington Times

Read more: EDITORIAL: Gun ban back on Obama's agenda - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2C38Exk1D
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
So much for being a sovereign nation.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,101 Times in 2,162 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Hours after election, White House supports U.N.ís global ban on Guns

Try and take my guns, and i'll USE my guns.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,329 Times in 2,996 Posts
My Mood: Pensive

It doesn't do what we fear but activist judges with no authority over an international treaty could apply it to citizens without a legal basis.

Fear fear fear. We know you are dumb enough to buy this shit so we keep shoveling.

- The rightwing media entertainment complex.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,484 Times in 2,390 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

"A working 9mm Glock handgun!!!!!"

Gasp! Only killers have these assault weapons!!!! > left wing gun grabbers
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,544 Times in 3,763 Posts

We are fortunate that patriots in Lubbock County, Texas foresaw months ago the likelihood of a UN takeover after Obama was re-elected and stand ready to protect our sovereignty

Judge Tom Head and Commissioner Mark Heinrich told the station this week that a 1.7 cent tax increase for the next fiscal year was necessary to prepare for many contingencies, including Obama's re-election. He also mentioned to the station that the county needs a pay increase is needed for the district attorney's office and more funds to pay for more sheriff's office deputies.

"He's going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the (United Nations), and what is going to happen when that happens?," Head asked the station during a Monday interview. "I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy."

Head also seems to fear the retaliation of such civil unrest.

"Now what's going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. OK. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say 'you're not coming in here'.

"And the sheriff, I've already asked him, I said 'you gonna back me' he said, 'yeah, I'll back you'. Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ar-3807672.php
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote