Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #21
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,466 Times in 2,382 Posts
Default Re: We will beat the Ravens onSNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
My guess is that with Leftwich, the Steelers will be 7 point underdogs at least. Going to have to get more from the front 7 defensively in pass rush and clogging rushing lanes.
Yep, if not Rice will eat them for breakfast.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,080 Times in 4,583 Posts

we should eat Rice for breakfast.

rice puffs, rice chex, white rice with milk and cinnimon = all good.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
We will win. Book it and stamp my name on it. With or without Ben. The rest of the team will step up... With the remaining schedule, the #2 seed is there for the taking.

Get that negative BS out of here. I'm never frightened of the Ratbirds. Their fanbase is the one with the fear and inferiority complex. They pray for injuries and the easiest road to a division title. Regardless. We have them so brain F#$ked and beat down that its all about "shutting up the Steelers fans".
You are living in a world that is almost 2 years old. I can't speak for every Ravens fan, and we definitely appreciate the rivalry with your boys in pittsburgh, but we don't have any fear, and we definitely do not pray for injuries.

I was extremely disappointed but not really surprised when I saw Ben go out with an injury, and I won't be surprised if he ends up playing. He always seems to go down the week before the Ravens and 'miraculously' ends up playing anyway. He reminds me of a WWF wrestler on the ropes who powers through injury and adversity to best his rival--very dramatic, but ultimately an act.

I want the Ravens to beat your Steelers at their best, and the game is going to be a lot less exciting now, I hope. Now if it is even close I will take the 'W' but without any satisfaction.

Good luck.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #24
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

I appreciate the bravado, but without Ben our chances of winning this game drop to somewhere between 20-40%, tops. It's not just the Steelers - it's a fact of life in the NFL that if you lose your QB you are in deep trouble. Look at the Bears last year when Cutler went down. The injury news on Ben seems to be okay, but right now the only focus is this week's game, for which he is defintely in doubt. We could squeak one out without him, MAYBE, but the problem is this: if we're down 6 points and starting a drive to try to win the game from our own 20, it will be very difficult for either Batch or Lefty to make the necessary throws to cover 80 yards in a short amount of time.

One word, Steeler Nation: PRAY.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
jasonpirkle
Water Boy

Member Number: 1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
My guess is that with Leftwich, the Steelers will be 7 point underdogs at least. Going to have to get more from the front 7 defensively in pass rush and clogging rushing lanes.
Right now we are 3 point favorites, and that is down from 4 1/2 opening.
jasonpirkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #26
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,741 Times in 4,794 Posts

I'm sitting in this lecture bored to tears while looking at this prick wearing his Suggs jersey, and then it hit me - we don't necessarily need Ben.

The evolution of this team has been remarkable. Remember when we were 2-3? That seems like a lifetime ago, and this team - more importantly this defense - has stepped up big time and has been keeping us in games, and last night, won it for us. You'll see guys on this site say things like "smoke and mirrors" or "overrated", but holding quarterbacks to 281 yards and under 50% completion in two games. What makes it even more special is the fact that one of those guys was pretty boy Eli Manning.

The Ravens' DLine right now is struggling and they can't stop the run at all. Jamaal Charles make them look like boys playing with men, running for 140 yards. Our OLine is considerably better than the Chiefs' and play with more aggression and passion. Dwyer can run downhill and with strength right up the middle. The Ravens will struggle to stop the run like they have all year letting Ben (or Lefty) work from play action and we might see Wallace go deep a few times. Speaking of Wallace ...

Webb is out. The Ravens simply don't have anyone to run with Wallace. Smith isn't nearly as fast and will command double coverage, leaving Brown and Sanders open over the middle. More importantly, Kruger can't cover Heath - expect a lot of Heeaaaaatttthhhhh on Sunday. Assuming this is the case, Eddy is going to be playing about 25 yards behind the line of scrimmage, which only helps the underneath routes that Haley enjoys so much. More importantly, Suggs has shown with his injury he can be taken down on one-on-one.

Did anyone notice last night that, for the majority of the night, Hali wasn't a factor? Starks gave Ben all day to throw. This was against a healthy Hali, one of the best OLB's in the league. When Starks goes against an injured and slowed down Suggs, he'll be able to do the same thing. If Starks can make Suggs a non-factor, either with a chip by Dwyer and/or help from Colon as well, the Ravens D will be ineffective. This, combined with the fact that the Ravens' D can't get off the field on third down only helps the Steelers. The way we're dominating in TOP and our conversion rate on third down will make this a long day for the Ravens.

Looking at the Ravens' offense - the key is obviously slowing down Rice. As others have said, it's a little ridiculous teams just let him run open in the flat with no coverage what-so-ever. This isn't going to happen against the Steelers. Why? Lawrence Timmons. The development and play of Timmons this year can be argued as the most improved on the entire team. He's the shining star on this defensive squad and I wouldn't trade him for any MLB in this league (ok, maybe Willis). When he blitzes, he gets to the quarterback. When he covers, he blankets with his surprising quickness and speed and gets interceptions.

Webb is going to be covered by Taylor, and with the way Taylor has played so far, I'm not worried. Boldin will be blanketed by Lewis, another player whose progression and improvement has been eye-popping.

If this defense blitzes effectively and finds a way to slow down Rice, the Ravens offense can't get going and will be ineffective. The key to this game on defense will be how Timmons handles Rice and if Woodley can get to Flacco.

I ain't worried. Bring on the Ratbirds.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #27
Terminator
Head Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,554 Times in 630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
When Starks goes against an injured and slowed down Suggs, he'll be able to do the same thing.
Suggs doesn't line up on that side. He will be going against Mike Adams.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #28
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
There's no way we can let that matchup go without providing help to Adams. He's made great progress so far, but I just don't think he can last a game 1 on 1 with Suggs, especially with Lefty back there doing his 7 second pose.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #29
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,741 Times in 4,794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Suggs is a ROLB, no? If he is, then he's going against Starks.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #30
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Suggs is a ROLB, no? If he is, then he's going against Starks.
is he right side? All I can really remember there is that it was a left hook he hit Ben with.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote