Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #41
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,932
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,562
Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,773 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

Blah blah fucking blah. Joe Flacco, drafted in '08, has failed to lead your team to the big game. Beaten TWICE by the Pittsburgh Steelers when it matters, in the playoffs. Embarrassed. When Joe Flacco at least MAKES it to the Super Bowl, i'll give him a little credit. That hasn't happened.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #42
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 7,187
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 52,543
Thanked 8,793 Times in 3,660 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
The Ravens have either been in the conference semifinals or conference finals every year since 2008, winning at least one playoff game in each try. During that same time span, Pittsburgh has only advanced as far (albeit further) twice, a full 50% less than Baltimore.

I suppose that you're right in that Baltimore has "choked," if you take that phrase to mean losing to elite opponents, but I would give a team like Baltimore more credit for losing to the best than being Pittsburgh and sitting at home or losing to Tim Tebow (as the Steelers did in 2009 and 2011, respectively).

The Ravens have won as many playoff games as Pittsburgh since Harbaugh came on, and received four playoff berths to Pittsburgh's three. For kicks, the Ravens have five playoff berths to Pittsburgh's four if you want to go pre-Harbaugh but after Pittsburgh's 2005 SB run.

This seems to indicate that post-2005, and certainly during the Harbaugh era, the Ravens have been more successful at reaching the playoffs.

On the other hand, you can certainly make a strong case for Pittsburgh being more successful than Baltimore when actually in the playoffs, but considering that the Steelers have enjoyed a prolific decade, this isn't to say that the Ravens haven't been successful in their own right, thus refuting your claim of them only winning in the regular season.



I'd argue that he has beaten just as many quality opponents as Pittsburgh has during the same time period, despite Pittsburgh appearing vastly superior because of its advancement to two Super Bowls.

Since 2008, and in the playoffs, the Ravens have beaten Miami and Tennessee (2008), New England (2009 and contrary to your explicit claim), Kansas City (2010), and Houston (2011). Pittsburgh has defeated San Diego, Baltimore, and Arizona (2008), and Baltimore and the New York Jets (2010). Since you're into spinning facts into your own factoids, I'll let you do the analysis, but I'm not sure there's a wide margin in talent defeated, and in fact I might give the edge to the Ravens.

It's also unfair to lump Jim/John together; John Harbaugh has been one of the three or four most successful coaches in the league during his five-year tenure. Jim has had one good season.

If you choose to provide some sort of dissection as to the prestige of opponents faced, then carry on with whatever helps you rest easy, but the facts (read: wins/losses) stand.
I only read the two quotes you used in your post. Whatever you had to add to it, nobody cares.
__________________
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #43
Ravnet
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 382
Member Number: 13288
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Blah blah fucking blah. Joe Flacco, drafted in '08, has failed to lead your team to the big game. Beaten TWICE by the Pittsburgh Steelers when it matters, in the playoffs. Embarrassed. When Joe Flacco at least MAKES it to the Super Bowl, i'll give him a little credit. That hasn't happened.
Flacco has as many postseason wins as Ben did in his first four years (5 apiece), and Harbaugh has as many postseason wins as Tomlin did in his first four (5 apiece).

Flacco has as many regular season wins as Ben did in his first four years (44 apiece), and Harbaugh has more regular season wins than Tomlin did in his first four years (44 vs. 43).

Flacco has more playoff berths than Ben in his first four years (4 vs. 3), and Harbaugh has more playoff berths than Tomlin in his first four years (4 vs. 3).

I'd say the Ravens are knocking.
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #44
Ravnet
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 382
Member Number: 13288
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I only read the two quotes you used in your post. Whatever you had to add to it, nobody cares.
Well then that's it, you've convinced me, Joe Flacco sucks!
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #45
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,932
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,562
Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,773 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

How many times has Flacco beaten the Steelers in the playoffs? You do realize that if the Ravens miss out on the Super Bowl yet again this year that Flacco will have went the same amount of time without ONE ring that Ben did to get a SECOND? Bottom line is you guys need to get to the big game. Flacco has had plenty of time and talent and has come up empty. No excuses after this season. This is the year you need to win it all.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #46
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 7,187
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 52,543
Thanked 8,793 Times in 3,660 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
Flacco has as many postseason wins as Ben did in his first four years (5 apiece), and Harbaugh has as many postseason wins as Tomlin did in his first four (5 apiece).

Flacco has as many regular season wins as Ben did in his first four years (44 apiece), and Harbaugh has more regular season wins than Tomlin did in his first four years (44 vs. 43).

Flacco has more playoff berths than Ben in his first four years (4 vs. 3), and Harbaugh has more playoff berths than Tomlin in his first four years (4 vs. 3).

I'd say the Ravens are knocking.
No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. The joke begins with "Knock, knock." In the end you say the Ravens are at the door, and we all have a good laugh.
__________________
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #47
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,522
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,553
Thanked 9,917 Times in 4,226 Posts
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

I wasn't going to do it. I was going to let you enjoy your little spotlight of how good the Ravens have been in the playoffs and do your little happy dance, but I'll bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
The Ravens have either been in the conference semifinals or conference finals every year since 2008, winning at least one playoff game in each try. During that same time span, Pittsburgh has only advanced as far (albeit further) twice, a full 50% less than Baltimore.
I'm going to take the Super Bowl win over your playoff wins and ultimately defeats. Your argument here ends. Great, you made the playoffs and beat Miami and Tennessee, but ultimately lost. Key word: lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
I suppose that you're right in that Baltimore has "choked," if you take that phrase to mean losing to elite opponents, but I would give a team like Baltimore more credit for losing to the best than being Pittsburgh and sitting at home or losing to Tim Tebow (as the Steelers did in 2009 and 2011, respectively).
A Tim Tebow loss shot - I didn't expect any better. Again, we lost a playoff game to an inferior opponent and there's no getting around it. See, we don't make excuses. We recognize we lost and we moved on already and it's a little sad that Ravens fans have to keep bringing it up. Why? You can't beat us in the playoffs. So, you bring up another teams victory and use it like it's your own. Stop it, you look ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
The Ravens have won as many playoff games as Pittsburgh since Harbaugh came on, and received four playoff berths to Pittsburgh's three. For kicks, the Ravens have five playoff berths to Pittsburgh's four if you want to go pre-Harbaugh but after Pittsburgh's 2005 SB run. This seems to indicate that post-2005, and certainly during the Harbaugh era, the Ravens have been more successful at reaching the playoffs.
With one (in reality, it's two) less ring(s). Take your playoff wins and again, losses, and we'll take our championships. Oh, and of course throw out one of our Super Bowl wins - it only makes you and your argument look ridiculous. You're reaching, and it comes off as desperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
On the other hand, you can certainly make a strong case for Pittsburgh being more successful than Baltimore when actually in the playoffs, but considering that the Steelers have enjoyed a prolific decade, this isn't to say that the Ravens haven't been successful in their own right, thus refuting your claim of them only winning in the regular season.
Successful in their own right? Do you know what they call almost winning an AFC Championship game and getting to a Super Bowl? Losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
I'd argue that he has beaten just as many quality opponents as Pittsburgh has during the same time period, despite Pittsburgh appearing vastly superior because of its advancement to two Super Bowls.
I cut out the last couple of paragraphs because it was ranting about things I don't really care about. This is the part that made me laugh out loud when I read it.

Appearing vastly superior? Appearing? No. A team IS vastly superior when they reach the big game twice (defeating the Ratbirds twice in the process) compared to the Ravens' 0. Zero, as in it didn't happen. Zero, as in the amount of times the Ravens' have defeated the Steelers in the playoffs. Take your "quality opponent" victories, and we'll take our victories over you in the playoffs every. single. time. and our Championship rings.

Zero, as in the amount of rings John Harbaugh has.

I don't think I understand your argument. You're defending losing in the playoffs because you've been there more times? That's great, you made the playoffs and did absolutely nothing while in it. You didn't win, you didn't accomplish anything. It's a pretty weak argument to use. Congratulations, you have a coach that will take you the post-season and lose, which brings me back to my original point:

He can't win when it matters.

Oh I didn't even see this little gem until after I posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
Flacco has more playoff berths than Ben in his first four years (4 vs. 3), and Harbaugh has more playoff berths than Tomlin in his first four years (4 vs. 3).
With two less AFC Titles and Championships. And in the case of Roethlisberger, TWO less rings.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #48
BleedPurple
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 487
Member Number: 19142
Thanks: 7
Thanked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I wasn't going to do it. I was going to let you enjoy your little spotlight of how good the Ravens have been in the playoffs and do your little happy dance, but I'll bite.



I'm going to take the Super Bowl win over your playoff wins and ultimately defeats. Your argument here ends. Great, you made the playoffs and beat Miami and Tennessee, but ultimately lost. Key word: lost.



A Tim Tebow loss shot - I didn't expect any better. Again, we lost a playoff game to an inferior opponent and there's no getting around it. See, we don't make excuses. We recognize we lost and we moved on already and it's a little sad that Ravens fans have to keep bringing it up. Why? You can't beat us in the playoffs. So, you bring up another teams victory and use it like it's your own. Stop it, you look ridiculous.



With one (in reality, it's two) less ring(s). Take your playoff wins and again, losses, and we'll take our championships. Oh, and of course throw out one of our Super Bowl wins - it only makes you and your argument look ridiculous. You're reaching, and it comes off as desperate.



Successful in their own right? Do you know what they call almost winning an AFC Championship game and getting to a Super Bowl? Losing.



I cut out the last couple of paragraphs because it was ranting about things I don't really care about. This is the part that made me laugh out loud when I read it.

Appearing vastly superior? Appearing? No. A team IS vastly superior when they reach the big game twice (defeating the Ratbirds twice in the process) compared to the Ravens' 0. Zero, as in it didn't happen. Zero, as in the amount of times the Ravens' have defeated the Steelers in the playoffs. Take your "quality opponent" victories, and we'll take our victories over you in the playoffs every. single. time. and our Championship rings.

Zero, as in the amount of rings John Harbaugh has.

I don't think I understand your argument. You're defending losing in the playoffs because you've been there more times? That's great, you made the playoffs and did absolutely nothing while in it. You didn't win, you didn't accomplish anything. It's a pretty weak argument to use. Congratulations, you have a coach that will take you the post-season and lose, which brings me back to my original point:

He can't win when it matters.

Oh I didn't even see this little gem until after I posted.



With two less AFC Titles and Championships. And in the case of Roethlisberger, TWO less rings.
If you had gotten past Tebow we might have had a chance to beat you in the AFCCG last year. Can't really fault us for not beating a team who was sitting on the couch through most of the playoffs.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #49
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,522
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,553
Thanked 9,917 Times in 4,226 Posts
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
If you had gotten past Tebow we might have had a chance to beat you in the AFCCG last year. Can't really fault us for not beating a team who was sitting on the couch through most of the playoffs.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #50
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,872
Member Number: 7718
Thanks: 96
Thanked 766 Times in 341 Posts
Default Re: Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

Ravens must get their inspiration from almost. As in we almost won a conference championship or we almost beat the Steelers in the playoffs. Who knows if yall could make to us every year in the playoffs we might be 6-0 against you, using your logic it makes sense to me. Yall shot your wad last year and choked in the AFCCG, both Flacco your "stud" WR and your kicker. Perhaps this year your team should concentrate more on finishing a season than giving you "smelly " coach a gatorade bath after epic regualr season wins. There lies the biggest difference between the Steelers and the Ravens, one has been there done that and you on the other hand celebrate the little things that make you feel good about yourselves.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts