Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #31
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679
Default Re: Batch over Leftwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL View Post
If they both do not pan out (which I have no reason to believe they won't), then blame the coaching staff & FO.
They have been living and dying on these two guys for 3 seasons now. And seem to not want to upgrade the backup QB postion. Which the team needs badly. Because it is not "what if" Ben gets hurt and misses games. But "when"...
To think thet Eli Manning has not missed any game in his career. Pretty amazing.
And just how many teams have star caliber talent at the backup QB position? My Bears friends were moaning about the same thing this week, it never occurred to them that, as backup QBs go, Jason Campbell isn't a bad option. Same with us, Leftwich isn't a bad backup QB at all, theres not a lot of star caliber QBs riding the bench. how would you upgrade the backup QB position?
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #32
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I agree. I also believe the weather probably attributed to the bad play.
And probably KC's defence had a little to do with it too. Let's face it; Romeo Crennel has been giving Ben fits for a long time now!! This is a good KC defence; I know the numbers don't show it; but they're not that far off!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #33
Terminator
Head Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,554 Times in 630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
And probably KC's defence had a little to do with it too. Let's face it; Romeo Crennel has been giving Ben fits for a long time now!! This is a good KC defence; I know the numbers don't show it; but they're not that far off!!
I put the Chiefs and Browns in the same boat. Lots of talent that is horribly mismanaged. One could make the same case for the Chargers as well.

None of those teams are going to be "easy" to beat.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #34
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,755 Times in 6,051 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
I agree, the Chiefs' defense held the Ravens to only 3 FGs.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #35
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,741 Times in 4,794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
And just how many teams have star caliber talent at the backup QB position? My Bears friends were moaning about the same thing this week, it never occurred to them that, as backup QBs go, Jason Campbell isn't a bad option. Same with us, Leftwich isn't a bad backup QB at all, theres not a lot of star caliber QBs riding the bench. how would you upgrade the backup QB position?
Jerrod Johnson flashed in the preseason, but we kept veteran presence over a young guy. I'm not saying that's wrong, but it's costing us right now. I have confidence in Byron and think he can lead us to the playoffs, but Charlie right now isn't doing much. I understand it's like having a coach on the sidelines, but his role is becoming (in my opinion, has become) obsolete. With Ben this teams leader, I'm not sure having another guy like Charlie provides anything but an unnecessary cap hit.

But, completely agree with you. There's no team out there that has anyone but an average second string.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #36
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Jerrod Johnson flashed in the preseason, but we kept veteran presence over a young guy. I'm not saying that's wrong, but it's costing us right now. I have confidence in Byron and think he can lead us to the playoffs, but Charlie right now isn't doing much. I understand it's like having a coach on the sidelines, but his role is becoming (in my opinion, has become) obsolete. With Ben this teams leader, I'm not sure having another guy like Charlie provides anything but an unnecessary cap hit.

But, completely agree with you. There's no team out there that has anyone but an average second string.
Exactly how is it costing us? Did we lost on Monday? Have we lost to the Ratbirds yet? When you have a franchise QB who still has 6-7 years left there is no point to keeping a young QB. You are better off with a veteran who knows the offense.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #37
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Id rather see Hampton as our signal caller, based upon what I saw from leftwitch Monday night.
Your intelligence is showing through...
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #38
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
I agree, the Chiefs' defense held the Ravens to only 3 FGs.
I'm telling you guys. This team is not as bad as it's record!! They got some serious players on D and a good offensive line and rb. You are bang on; they could have beaten the ravens!! This is the NFL this year!! A lot of parity! I would give a heavy dose of running to the ravens so it doesn't fall on Lefty!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #39
JeromeBetties63
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Exactly how is it costing us? Did we lost on Monday? Have we lost to the Ratbirds yet? When you have a franchise QB who still has 6-7 years left there is no point to keeping a young QB. You are better off with a veteran who knows the offense.
Totally agree. All these people debating Lefty vs. Batch should look around the league. BOTH OF THESE GUYS ARE BETTER THAN MOST BACK-UPS. No, they are not Ben, yes we need Ben back to make a SB run...but for a game or two, we should be glad to have the options we do!
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #40
White_Steel_Wolfe
Head Coach

Member Number: 24314
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Totally agree. All these people debating Lefty vs. Batch should look around the league. BOTH OF THESE GUYS ARE BETTER THAN MOST BACK-UPS. No, they are not Ben, yes we need Ben back to make a SB run...but for a game or two, we should be glad to have the options we do!
From the sounds of the injury he will definitively be out for more than 2 games. Sounds more than likely that he will be out at least 4 games
White_Steel_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote