Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #231
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts
Default Re: Big Bens Injury

manlaw says we have to revoke all the fancards from the panicing patricias already throwing in a towel on the season. get a grip! last TWO times ben missed multiple games we went to 2 superbowls and won one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
It's time Steeler Nation faces the harsh reality that this season has basically become moot. And it should.

We absolutely cannot make a legit SuperBowl run anymore. It has never been done with a backup quarterback, and I do not believe the Steelers can break that mold.

WTF!?!?!?!

kurt warner, frank reich, jeff hosstetler, tom brady IMMEDIATELY come to mind... if i wanted to research, im sure i could find more like 85 patriots and 70's dolphins.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #232
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

I agree with you Tony but Sandwich doesn't show the promise we all hoped for when it came time for him to step up on even the easiest of plays. I understand he only has a few throws but he should at least know how to call the correct audibles and know how to control and coordinate the offensive line.

I personally don't think he has the experience or the know how to make it through the Ravens game. I really hope I am proved wrong on this. I would love nothing more then to rub a nice win in the Ravena fans that come to my shop and my friends that are Baltimore fans but I Personally think its going to be a brutal beating.

On a side note maybe Todd will pull better plays out then running the ball down the middle. lol.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #233
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
I agree with you Tony but Sandwich doesn't show the promise we all hoped for when it came time for him to step up on even the easiest of plays. I understand he only has a few throws but he should at least know how to call the correct audibles and know how to control and coordinate the offensive line.

I personally don't think he has the experience or the know how to make it through the Ravens game. I really hope I am proved wrong on this. I would love nothing more then to rub a nice win in the Ravena fans that come to my shop and my friends that are Baltimore fans but I Personally think its going to be a brutal beating.

On a side note maybe Todd will pull better plays out then running the ball down the middle. lol.
you said ben didnt show enough of a look of pain or that his eyebrows didnt reflect an actual injury so you couldnt buy the veracity or severity of his injury.

you basically questioned if he was faking it.

thats about all i have to say about what you personally do or do not think.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #234
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Yup and I still hold to it. I have always questioned everything. With everything that has transpired if his injury is as bad as they are leading it on to be then all I can say is that Ben is one tough son of a gun. To not only separate a rib but separate a shoulder and show no pain...he is one tough maama jaama! I would never make him mad.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #235
Terminator
Head Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,561 Times in 635 Posts

I don't think those QB's mentioned can be compared with Leftwhich/Batch.

They are much older and had their shot as starters. They are basically career backups at this point. Not young and upcoming with untapped potential. Just my opinion.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #236
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
I don't think those QB's mentioned can be compared with Leftwhich/Batch.

They are much older and had their shot as starters. They are basically career backups at this point. Not young and upcoming with untapped potential. Just my opinion.
With a week of practice under his belt I think Lefty will surprise a lot of people. He is as tough as they come, as tough as BB and has a ton of experience. A few years ago he stepped in and played very well. Injuries have been the problem. I realize the injuries are due to his style of play(lack of mobility and long release) but if and its a big if the line can protect Lefty will be solid. I do think they will air it out more to Wallace and hopefully throw some screens to counter the pass rush if Ravens are getting penetration. I feel much better about Lefty than I did with Dixon a couple of years ago.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #237
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,701 Posts

Even if we dont win both against the Ravens, we need to look at the big picture of winning games against the Brown, Bengals, Chargers (that will get us 10 wins) and maybe the Cowboys as well (11 wins). A 10 or 11 win season could get us the wildcard berth.

I knew that losses to the Raiders and Titans would come back to haunt us.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #238
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,136 Times in 919 Posts

Quote:
It's time Steeler Nation faces the harsh reality that this season has basically become moot. And it should.

There is absolutely no reason to rush Ben back after this. The guy is only 30 years old and still has his best years ahead of him. I would say the same regarding Troy. Put him on IR or bench him for the remainder of the year. Make sure his calf is 150% healed, and look to the off-season to start an intense conditioning program. Maybe he can come out next season better than ever. Use this time to play some of our younger guys and do some evaluation. There is no reason to risk injury to any more players.

We absolutely cannot make a legit SuperBowl run anymore. It has never been done with a backup quarterback, and I do not believe the Steelers can break that mold.

Stick it to the Ravens as best we can and make sure they leave Pittsburgh battered, bloody, and bruised, and then use the remainder of the season to evaluate what we have.

We went to the playoffs last year with a completely broken team, and it was horrible. I wish we never went. I am saying the same thing for this year now too. I don't want to see Pittsburgh in the playoff's without Ben.

I'd still like to see us upset the Ratbirds since I despise them with every fiber of my being, but that's all I can hope for regarding the remainder of the season.

The thing that separates the Steelers from many other teams is that they ARE a team and don't feel that losing one player - no matter who he is - will affect the team's overall chances.

Maurkice Poucey talked about Leftwich in an interview just yesterday and said, “I think we’ll do a great job with him. People are making this out to be bigger than it’s going to be.”

I agree. And if he's not worried about it then I sure as hell won't be losing any sleep over it either.

The sky hasn't fallen and the season is hardly over.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #239
steelax04
Head Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

From the sounds of it, Byron will be the one driving the Steelers bus into the playoffs. It doesn't seem like they were being funny when they said this is a "unique" injury.

But then again, Ben might just be drama queening this up for a spectacular return to glory.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #240
ChristianKustomz
Starter

The more and more I think about it there might be a slim chance we could pull a win out. Baltimore has never played against Sandwich so they don't know how he reacts to situations. We all know Big Ben plays it cool even under pressure but we all know how jumpy rookie QB's get and could try to force him into making a mistake. But in the other hand they may underestimate him and he could completely throw their game off. I'd say we have more of a chance of the apocalypse happening this weekend then we do winning but you never know. This is Steelers football and stranger things have happened.