Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #31
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Baltimoresun article

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Haha...6 of those "notable" losses are from '05 and '08. Regular season losses can't really be considered notable if that team goes on to win the SB.

They also threw in the '04 Steelers loss to the Ravens (when they knocked Maddox out and the team ultimately went 15-1). Yeah...real notable loss there lol. Though I suppose it is notable, but not in favor of Ravens fans. If Maddox had been starter all year, who knows what would have happened. He may have even started in '05. Thanks Ravens!
This ^. No such thing as a notable loss in 2005 or 2008 for the Steelers. Also, beating us with Dennis Dixon or Charlie Batch isn't that notable. Notice how beating the Brady"less" Pats in 2008 isn't boasted about by Steeler fans? Douchebag sh**bird fans.

And yes of course the players and fans get more pumped up for Steelers vs Ravens, but we win SB's in February while you win yours in September.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #32
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Even after all these years, it's wonderful that Baltimore's inferiority complex runs so deep.

Name another NFL team/franchise that celebrates another team's failures more than their own team's success. Besides Cleveland, I don't know anyone else.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #33
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
You can pretend this is just another game, but I know you all circle the calendar for Ravens week same as we do for Steelers week. It's obvious from your forum topics, the sigs you have (there is one in particular with a ripoff of Calvin peeing on the Ravens logo) your avatars, etc. And if you don't pay special attention to the Ravens/Steelers match up, you're missing out because they are always great games.
Don't flatter yourself. The Ravens are just another team Steelers fans hate. Alongside the Cowboys, Browns, Bengals, and Patriots. Just because we hate the Ravens doesn't mean we're "circling our calenders" for when we play you. At the end of the day, you are just another game, and another opponent standing in our way. When (Yes, When) the Steelers beat the Ravens Sunday, it's not the end of the season, we don't win the Super Bowl, it's just on to next week.

Even when we lost to you last year, we were too busy LAUGHING at your weak attempts. We were LAUGHING at your Gatorade Baths. So you see, even when you beat us, you still manage to make fools of yourselves.

Unlike you Purple-Wearing losers, we have higher standards and don't suffer from an inferiority complex to another team and organization. You don't see Pittsburgh papers celebrating Ravens losses, because it's pathetic.

It'll be a good game Sunday, but that's it.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #34
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,272 Times in 1,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Not exactly - Duke has 4 championships while Patriots only have 3 and Belichick has not been the HC for any Olympic gold medal teams

Only advantage Pats have is no Duke players are married to supermodels
i wasn't talking in terms of success. i was comparing the universal hatred shared by all but the fans of those 2 teams. your either a fan of them or you hate em... there is no neutral ground.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #35
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,445 Times in 2,312 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

just read it and wow, most of the memorable losses happened when ben got injured?

figures they're all praying for our QB to get injured, classless bums
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #36
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
No matter how many articles they want to write, not matter how bad they want to talk trash against us, reality remains that they will ALWAYS be second fiddle to us. They were always and WILL always be the red-headed step-child. The upmost BEST they could do, is little brother.

Take it for what it's worth, Baltimorons but you'll never be or even come CLOSE to replicating us. HERE WE GO!
Hate to say this but they beat us twice last year and got farther in the playoffs than we did. They have the bragging rights until that is rectified. We don't know what this season will end up like yet but they do have a better record than we do and we haven't played them head to head yet. They won the close ones. We lost two close ones to crap teams.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #37
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,751 Times in 2,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i wasn't talking in terms of success. i was comparing the universal hatred shared by all but the fans of those 2 teams. your either a fan of them or you hate em... there is no neutral ground.
I think Kentucky basketball might be a better comparator to New England and the Yankees might be a better comparator to Duke - all 4 are perceived as smug and arrogant but only 2 of the 4 are regarded as cheaters

Of course it is better to be successful and hated as opposed to unsuccessful and pitied (see, e.g., the Pittsburgh Pirates)
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #38
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
The Pittsburgh Steelers and their fans have brain fucked the Ravens and the whole city of Baltimore...
THIS
Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #39
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,751 Times in 2,658 Posts

Casey Hampton sums up why the Steelers are inside Baltimore's collective head

It's the Steelers' hottest rivalry and among the best in the NFL, but do their players really hate the Baltimore Ravens?

"You know 'hate' is a terrible word to say," said nose tackle Casey Hampton, who has been part of this series for a dozen years. "I think they hate us, though."

So, why would hate be terrible word for the Steelers to use and not the Ravens?

"Probably because we knock them out of the playoffs all the time. Isn't that what they say. I'd hate us, too."

http://forums.steelersfever.com/newr...te=1&p=1048711
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #40
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Whos pretending its just another game?.....You cant dismiss the fact that the Ravens prepare harder for the Steeler match ups, after all my team doesnt feel the need for gatoraid baths after a win!
I'll admit that we defnitely get up for these games, but I hope you aren't arguing that your team doesn't prepare harder for us as well. It's going to be hard to convince me of that after that KC game.

The Gatorade thing, and I posted this on your NFL board when it happened, was ridiculous. I would like to see more poise after a win, but we really, really hate you guys. Don't mistake resentment for envy.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote