Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,746 Times in 2,925 Posts
Default Re: Does the GOP have to change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
That is one of the take aways from the election.
another thing to take from it is the 7 million white people you speak of is either dead or has one foot in the grave. and in 2016, when the "greatest generation" and baby boomers further drain the medicaire system, 7 million more will kick the bucket. in the meantime all their children have been procreating with blacks and hispanics. when those children are able to vote, they wont be able to claim white ethnicity.

the remainding homogeneous bunch in the back woods and deep south are either to inbred to know how to use a pencil, or too disenfranchised to even give a shit.

while i think its cute to see you blame white people, but its really all about changing demographics.

america advertizes its existance as built on the backs of immigrants. that admittedly had backfired and exploded in the face of the GOP. the party might as well continue to try and close its boarders (i can see why they desperately want to), but the "damage" has already been done.

oh, and for cubanstogie, it is false to believe all married women vote republican. get the regurgitated a million X stats straight, and nancy grace would be the 1st to pimpslap both you and oreilly for suggesting you, him, and republicans are the only ones who care about pedophiles (90% white?) being freed to prey on children again.

i find it disgusting and twisted that people even believe such nonsense.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #22
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
it is false to believe all married women vote republican.
My wife voted for Obama. Of course, she has a history of dubious choices at best considering she married me.

It's almost as ridiculous as conservatives trying to assert that women who support having their birth control covered by their insurance are wh0res and women of loose morals. Asinine.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #23
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,583 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
blame that on the out dated 2 party system. the entire election process is so tainted its no wonder people don't bother to vote.
"every vote counts".... really ? i seem to recall guys winning the majority and still losing...... whats the point in a a person like me , who lives in maryland , going out to vote ? i already know maryland is voting democrat , so why play the game when i know the cards are already stacked ?
why go out and vote when you have a loathing for both candidates and don't feel one will be any better than the other ?
i did go out and vote , but i didn't go out to vote for either one of those scumbags , i went out to vote hoping to put an end to this two party bullshit.
your right , people shouldn't complain who don't exercise their right to vote...
the ones who DID vote shouldn't complain either. the only ones who have a right to complain are the few who tried to put an end to the repub / demo stranglehold on this country.
I agree, the 2 party system is flawed, which is why I voted for Gary Johnson. He had no chance of winning the presidency, but if a 3rd party manages to win even a small percentage of votes, they will become a force in the next election cycles. I was thinking my vote could make a difference 8 or 12 years down the line.

also even if your state is going to vote 1 way for president, on a state level, your vote is equal to everyone else when it comes to voting congressmen and senators who ultimately decide what gets passed and what doesn't. It could make a difference, everyone's vote does count.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #24
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,562 Times in 2,313 Posts

"It's one thing to shoot yourself in the foot, just don't reload the gun," Graham said, referring to Republicans declining support among Hispanics. "So I intend not to reload this gun when it comes to Hispanics. I intend to tear this wall down and pass an immigration reform bill that's an American solution to an American problem. But we have nobody to blame but ourselves when it comes to losing Hispanics. And we can get them back with some effort on our part."

Lindsey Graham

"Don't scream and yell when one person says, 'you know what, it won't kill the country if we raise taxes a little bit on millionaires.' It really won't, I don't think,"

Bill Kristol

"Listen, Speaker Boehner said it, I think, very well -- I thought he showed great leadership by saying revenues need to be on the table,"

Saxby Chambliss

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #25
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #26
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,136 Times in 2,826 Posts

It is just a matter of outmarketing those hucksters from Chicago

This today from the home office of denial - the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal

Advice From a Lonely College Republican
The GOP is like a supermodel who's been doing photo shoots under fluorescent bulbs without any makeup.

The Chicago machine and the Democratic National Committee as a whole have perfected the art of marketing, even when they've got nothing to sell. They're like a used-car salesman who pushes lemons on unsuspecting drivers and never gets caught. Democrats can home in on Latinos, blacks, single women, young voters—and have them chanting "Four more years!" before they know what hit them...

Republicans truly are the party of a less intrusive ruling class. Frame the Republican fundamentals—tax less, spend less—as a fresh populist approach instead of Grandpa's adage, and the party is back in business.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...pinion_LEADTop

You betcha - let's cut taxes - that will work
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #27
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

When Common Sense Takes a Personal Day
Holly Solomon Blames Husband for Obama's Re-Election, Allegedly Rams Him With Her Car

Not only does Solomon, 28, have a thorough misunderstanding of our nation's electoral system, she also ran over her husband with her car because of this, according to Gilbert police.

In an e-mail to media, Gilbert police Sergeant Jesse Sanger says the argument started in a parking lot Saturday morning over Daniel Solomon's lack of voter participation.

"According to Daniel, Holly believed her family was going to face hardship as a result of President Obama's re-election," Sanger says.

Witnesses told police that there was a lot of yelling before Holly Solomon hopped in her Jeep, and started chasing her husband around the parking lot.

Her husband tried to use a light pole to shield himself, and Solomon drove around the light pole several times as she continued to yell at him.

Eventually, her husband made a run for it, but Solomon hit him, pinning him under the car and on a curb, according to police.

Daniel Solomon's currently in critical condition at a hospital.

Holly Solomon was booked into jail on charges of domestic violence and aggravated assault, and there are no indications she was impaired by alcohol or drugs at the time, according to Sanger.

It should be noted that President Obama won a grand total of zero of Arizona's 11 electoral votes, so it wouldn't have helped if Daniel Solomon had voted for Romney 1,000 times.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #28
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,665 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
If so, how?
Many, many years ago the Republican Party was supposed to go out and fashion the party to get a large percentage of the African American vote (when they were the #1 minority group)... it didn't happen.
Many, many years ago the Republican Party was supposed to go out and fashion the party to get a large percentage of the Hispanic vote (their talking about doing this again)... it didn't happen.

The Moderate Republicans will HAVE TO break association with the far right before they will be able to gain a large percentage of any of these minority groups. Those minority groups "believe" the far right has a "fundamental" disdain for them based on race. And as long as that ONE belief is there... the repubs can kiss the minorities good bye.

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #29
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,509 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
My wife voted for Obama. Of course, she has a history of dubious choices at best considering she married me.

It's almost as ridiculous as conservatives trying to assert that women who support having their birth control covered by their insurance are wh0res and women of loose morals. Asinine.
just be glad you didn't marry the ...."right" one...

Quote:
Police: Woman runs over husband for not voting

Police in Arizona say a Mesa woman injured her husband by running over him with an SUV because he didn't vote in last week's presidential election.
The Associated Press

GILBERT, Ariz. — Police in Arizona say a Mesa woman injured her husband by running over him with an SUV because he didn't vote in last week's presidential election.
Authorities say Holly Solomon opposed President Barack Obama and was upset her husband didn't go to the polls.
The husband told investigators Solomon believed her family was going to face hardship if Obama were re-elected.
Police say Solomon chased her husband through a Gilbert parking lot, circled him as hid behind a light pole, struck him and pinned him under the vehicle as he tried to flee.
Solomon told police she was just trying to scare him but accidentally stepped on the accelerator.
She was booked on an aggravated assault count and it wasn't clear whether she has a lawyer

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #30
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,746 Times in 2,925 Posts

Quote:

Why Mitt Romney will regret blaming his loss on Obama's 'gifts' to minorities

The defeated GOP candidate faces a backlash after he points the finger at young and minority voters in the wake of his landslide defeat
Mitt Romney is taking fire from both the left and the right after telling donors on Wednesday that he lost last week's election because President Obama had showered young voters, minorities, and other key liberal constituencies with "big gifts." "With regards to the young people, for instance, a forgiveness of college loan interest, was a big gift," Romney said on a conference call with his national finance committee. "Free contraceptives were very big with young college-aged women." He also said that Obama's health care reform was a "huge" gift for Latinos and blacks. Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, among other GOP leaders hoping to reach out to Latinos and other groups that spurned Romney, quickly denounced Romney's comments. "We have got to stop dividing American voters," Jindal said. "We're fighting for 100 percent of the vote." Here, four reasons why critics say Romney was wrong to place the blame where he did:

1. First, he's simply incorrect
Romney's analysis is somewhere on the spectrum from "incomplete to inaccurate," says Mike Allen at Politico. "Obama didn't win Janesville, Iowa or New Hampshire because of gifts to minorities." Those places are overwhelmingly white. Indeed, says Doug Mataconis at Outside the Beltway, Obama didn't somehow buy votes by showering Americans with "free stuff." He convinced people "he actually cared about the problems they were dealing with," which "is something that Romney never seemed to be able to do." Still, it's silly to deny that Obama made several major gestures to his liberal base — from imposing a safe harbor for young illegal immigrants to "evolving" on gay marriage — during the campaign, says Allahpundit at Hot Air. So the question "isn't whether O is guilty of 'clientelism'" — "it's whether clientelism was decisive."

SEE MORE: http://news.yahoo.com/why-mitt-romne...-election.html

2. Romney is hurting the GOP effort to broaden its appeal
It's hardly a surprise that Romney's fellow Republicans, including Jindal and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, are upset, says Aaron Blake at The Washington Post. They're obviously "ready for the Romney chapter to be over."

3. Republican constituencies get plenty of loot, too

4. This just shines a light on Romney's other failures
do i really have to dig up exactly how many romney rubbers were handed out to the athletes in the 2002 winter fuckfest in utah?

speaking of free gifts, has romneys 2 shopping carts of wal mart goods arrived to greif stricken frankenstorm sandy victims.

hows that relief aid effort, that stretches blocks across a random city in ohio, going?

i dont know if ive ever seen more of a pathetic farce (besides 8 years of that texan in the white house and an organ grinding chimp, in a flightsuit on an aircraft carrier, of course.)