Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #161
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,473 Times in 1,648 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Are We Ready For Baltimore

actually I spend time and have family in both MD and in Pittsburgh. do we really need to argue city v. city again?

Baltimore - not enough of a community - or space to breathe IMO, - in almost a decade down here - I don't get the same feeling - probably because most people seem to be from somewhere else (I have plenty of Ravens fans as friends so you can't say it's because I'm a Steelers fan - there are a few others that live near by - some more annoying than others on both sides). You guys have boating, and Edgar Allen Poe - so I'll give you that.

Pittsburgh - I'll admit - some western pa folks need some dentures - as do drug addicts, which all cities have plenty of - I come from a small town where everyone knows everyone and is neighborly and in general seems to enjoy life a little more. A lot of Baltimorons have an edge to them - and maybe those that grew up here are a little peeved because people are coming from all over the place to squat. Pittsburgh is more of a midwest kind of city (think St. Louis) and is indeed more rural than greater Baltimore as a whole (think Green Bay). It isn't as dirty as you Ravens fans like to make it out to be - but I get why you would pick stuff out like that as a representation -and, stereotypes exist for a reason, right?

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #162
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
actually I spend time and have family in both MD and in Pittsburgh. do we really need to argue city v. city again?

Baltimore - not enough of a community - or space to breathe IMO, - in almost a decade down here - I don't get the same feeling - probably because most people seem to be from somewhere else (I have plenty of Ravens fans as friends so you can't say it's because I'm a Steelers fan - there are a few others that live near by - some more annoying than others on both sides). You guys have boating, and Edgar Allen Poe - so I'll give you that.

Pittsburgh - I'll admit - some western pa folks need some dentures - as do drug addicts, which all cities have plenty of - I come from a small town where everyone knows everyone and is neighborly and in general seems to enjoy life a little more. A lot of Baltimorons have an edge to them - and maybe those that grew up here are a little peeved because people are coming from all over the place to squat. Pittsburgh is more of a midwest kind of city (think St. Louis) and is indeed more rural than greater Baltimore as a whole (think Green Bay). It isn't as dirty as you Ravens fans like to make it out to be - but I get why you would pick stuff out like that as a representation -and, stereotypes exist for a reason, right?
Well, stereotypes usually come from a grain of truth. We have a steel mill (at least one, it may be a couple centralized in one area) and the surrounding area--Sparrow's Point--is an absolute dump. We extrapolate that to a town built completely on the steel industry, and there you have it.

Baltimore has a lot more to offer than boating and poe. Crabs, great breweries, beautiful sporting stadiums, Fell's point, the inner harbor, national aquarium, largest drive-in theatre still in operation, and a quirky culture with absolutely no sense of style. Just don't go there after dark lol.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #163
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

ok, +1 on breweries - being a home brewer, I'll give you that

the whole crab thing - you can keep that - too much work outside of a breaded "cake" or dip. What's up with the whole old bay overload - with onions too - WTF?

Agree to disagree.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #164
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
ok, +1 on breweries - being a home brewer, I'll give you that

the whole crab thing - you can keep that - too much work outside of a breaded "cake" or dip. What's up with the whole old bay overload - with onions too - WTF?
I don't know from onions, we usually steam crabs with beer and corn. The picking is work, but once you get it down, it's a very Italian thing, in that you are sitting around with family having a ~2 hour meal. Very cool, and not entirely about the food.

Anyway, I enjoyed the trash talk, and seriously I am looking forward to the game Sunday being a close, bloody match. Good Luck.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #165
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

must be a Maryland Italian thing - I'm Italian - and its called lasagna, sauce and meatballs, stuffed peppers, or braciole

Agree to disagree.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #166
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
must be a Maryland Italian thing - I'm Italian - and its called lasagna, sauce and meatballs, stuffed peppers, or braciole
Yea so you know what I mean, and I am talking duration of the meal not the meal itself, have to agree nothing italian about crab.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #167
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

alright - well I'm outta here - good luck to you

NOT REALLY

Agree to disagree.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #168
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
At first I was kidding and the more I read it the more it made sense.
Go back to the Ravens forum....you're fake act is a joke and old already.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #169
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Well, stereotypes usually come from a grain of truth. We have a steel mill (at least one, it may be a couple centralized in one area) and the surrounding area--Sparrow's Point--is an absolute dump. We extrapolate that to a town built completely on the steel industry, and there you have it.

Baltimore has a lot more to offer than boating and poe. Crabs, great breweries, beautiful sporting stadiums, Fell's point, the inner harbor, national aquarium, largest drive-in theatre still in operation, and a quirky culture with absolutely no sense of style. Just don't go there after dark lol.
Baltimore has ghettos. Baltimore has huge areas that are filthy and run down. Pittsburgh has been reborn for 25 years. When is the last time you have been there?
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #170
charlesk
Banned

Member Number: 24477

Hey sorry about BB going down. These guys get serious moolah for playing but its injuries like this that make you realize these guys are really killing themselves for our entertainment. Dont wish injuries to anyone on the field. However making fun of the Steelers loser fanbase is another matter altogether. There is some silver lining. Tickets are now probably a lot cheaper so if the trailer trash of Western PA move quick they can pawn their kids' xboxes and scrape up a ticket. Glad you are not here! West Virginian pill popping losers.
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote