Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #61
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: Steelers release NT Alameda Ta'amu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Not until he started shanking point blank FG attempts...
Good point...
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #62
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Can you show me a link to where they "toot their own horn" about being a "classy family organization"?

yeah, its basically the media, and any national sports media analist alive that toots the rooneys for being a classy family organization, and that is pretty much because it is true.

the fans gulp it up by the gallon- hook, line, and sinker.

that is not to say they are qb'ed by Jesus Christ with the 12 apostles on defense.

just like any other walk of life, they arent impervious to typical pitfalls, just because they are the greatest, most winningest franchise in the past 40 years.

they are just ALOT less screwed up than other franchises.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #63
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Not until he started shanking point blank FG attempts...
... and pissing down cop's legs in bar parking lots while matt speath uploaded live vids to instagram.

yeah, but cinncinatti and chicago
Old 11-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #64
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Fair enough, dude. I don't like this discussion at all-- I feel like I am being backed into a corner. Unfortunately, I have a take-no-prisoners mentality on most things and have trouble backing down, and this is what happens.

I try to take each case on an individual basis. After reading through all the discovery papers and documents, I honestly don't think Ben committed any crime. He excercised poor judgement in messing around with ****ty girls in clubs instead of going to Beverly Hills or something. But even still -- the team had to take a sour bite out of its reputation because of him.

I don't harass Ravens fans about Ray Lewis because I don't think he did anything.

Ta'amu effed up. BIG. I am all for him getting another chance, but he has a debt to society that needs paying first.

You are right, my problem is mostly with the Rooneys on this one. I guess I am a little bit disappointed.
and thats your right and understandable. i share the same viewpoints on ben. his worst crime was useing careless judgement, and trying to hound dawg it and score some tail.

i will wait for the justice hammer to fall on ta'amu, and while i may not agree, i think he will bee seen as a low risk as a repeat offender and not see much jail time (if any at all).

if he does, it will probably be in the offseason as to give him a chance to save what can be seen as a potentially promising career.

people tont get better or rehabilitated in jails. they learn how to become better and more successful criminals.

you should try living in new mexico (pretty much consistantly the highest DWI per capita rate in the nation) where we routinely see multiple dwi offenders (im talking 5-20 DWI's) kill people (many times entire families) driving on the wrong side of the road, only to be the sole survivors of the "accidents".

im not exaggerating. that shit is real.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #65
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Somewhat tangential to the actual heart of the matter, Riddle mentioned that there is some kind of video of this Ta'amu incident? Has this been made public in any way? I haven't read any actual court documents, just the original news stories reporting the incident, but I'd like to know what they consider assaulting a police officer with a vehicle. Did he actually drive onto sidewalks where he would have run over an officer if he didn't dive out of the way, or did he just slightly swerve the wheel to the side and back quickly?
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #66
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,451 Times in 4,026 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Alameda Ta’amu Faces Litany Of Charges, Was Almost Shot By Cops During Drunkest Night Ever

by Dan Fogarty

Steelers rookie Alameda Ta’amu (#95 in the photo above) had quite the weekend. The 6-3, 348 4th-round pick out of Washington has been inactive for the Steelers’ first five regular season games, but that hasn’t stopped him from going out there and just really enjoying life.

Here’s a quick summary of Ta’amu’s Saturday night, based on court documents and a local news report.

1. He got very, very drunk.

Arresting officers say Ta’amu’s breath smelled like alcohol, his speech was slurred and his eyes were bloodshot. Police say Ta’amu agreed to take a blood alcohol test, and he registered a blood alcohol content of .196 percent, more than twice the legal limit.

2. He hopped in his car.

The criminal complaint says police spotted a 2006 Lincoln Navigator going the wrong way on Fort Pitt Boulevard early Sunday morning, when the driver then crossed the Smithfield Street bridge and ran a red light as he turned onto East Carson Street.

3. He took a shortcut.

Police say the driver then crossed into opposing traffic, driving on the wrong side of the street for seven blocks, to pass several cars at a time on East Carson Street.

4. He almost ran over a cop.

The criminal complaint said one officer dressed in full uniform yelled, “Police! Stop the vehicle.” That officer then said the driver, later identified as Ta’amu, swerved toward him and nearly ran him over.

5. He was almost shot.

Two other officers said they also spotted the car and drewtheir guns as the Navigator came at them, but neither of them fired “due to the large number of pedestrians and motorists on the sidewalks and roadway.”

6. He hit a bunch of parked cars.

Police say Ta’amu took a sharp turn off of East Carson Street and onto South 14th Street. There, he allegedly hit four cars as police chased him.

7. He wrecked his own car.

The chase took another turn when police say Ta’amu hit a fifth car, totaling both vehicles.

8. He took off his shirt (?) and ran for it.

Police said they ran toward him, and officers say Ta’amu than sprinted away from the car. Investigators said he took off his blue shirt to avoid being recognized.

9. Finally, he got punched in the face.

When police caught up to him, they told him to get on the ground and put his hands behind his back.

According to the criminal complaint, one officer was concerned that Ta’amu was reaching for his waistband, so he punched him in the face. Police said they eventually got Ta’amu, who refused medical treatment, into handcuffs and took him to jail.

An impressive night all around.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/alamed...rrest-details/
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #67
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
I don't harass Ravens fans about Ray Lewis because I don't think he did anything.

Ray Lewis told his entourage not to say anything to the cops. He himself knows what went down and who killed the barber and wannabe rapper that night. Did he kill anybody himself?? No, he obstructed a murder investigation and has hid his friends that are the killers.

I but Ravens fans about Ray , Jamaal Lewis, etc. I bug Favre fans about retiring and unretiring, Patriots fans about videotape, Jet fans about foot fetish, Browns fans about .....being Browns fans.............................and I expect a Rapelisberger comeback from them all!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:30 AM   #68
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Alameda Ta’amu Faces Litany Of Charges, Was Almost Shot By Cops During Drunkest Night Ever

by Dan Fogarty

Here’s a quick summary of Ta’amu’s Saturday night, based on court documents and a local news report.

1. He got very, very drunk.
2. He hopped in his car.
3. He took a shortcut.
4. He almost ran over a cop.
5. He was almost shot.
6. He hit a bunch of parked cars.
7. He wrecked his own car.
LOL, very impressive night. If it's not an inside job, that is. I heard Mendenhall is now following Ta'amu on Twitter to get the other side of the story. Could have been George Bush, the one world government and the international Zionists that set the whole thing up. And the Build-A-Burgers, hahahha.

TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #69
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
LOL, very impressive night. If it's not an inside job, that is. I heard Mendenhall is now following Ta'amu on Twitter to get the other side of the story. Could have been George Bush, the one world government and the international Zionists that set the whole thing up. And the Build-A-Burgers, hahahha.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #70
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

No Steeler should be wearing # 95 again
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote