Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,998 Times in 4,255 Posts
Default Re: 2013 Draft priorities

Judging off the last couple of weeks, I doubt that Jordan or Okafor will be available when the Steelers pick. While this does suck (a lot, especially because I remain so high on both of those guys) I think we can still have a couple of steals in the first couple of rounds. So, here's my latest mock after last weeks games and before this Saturday:

R1 - CJ Mosley - OLB / Alabama

R2 - Nico Johnson - ILB / Alabama

The fact that Johnson keeps slipping down the boards means only good things for the Steelers. This kid in 2011 was ridiculous and his athleticism can't be ignored. His lack of production this year could be pointed to the rise of Mosley and the production of Milliner. Too many cooks for this team right now, but when he's given a chance to make a play, he makes it.

R3 - Bacarri Rambo - FS / Georgia
In another thread I said this pick was very unrealistic and he wouldn't be here in the third round, but now there's a very good chance he may be. With the increase in production from guys like Swearinger and Williams, Rambo's name has taken a tumble. Whether or not this is justified is irrelevant, honestly, as if he falls to the Steelers in round 3, we might have the biggest steal of the draft.

R4 - Malliciah Goodman - DE / Clemson
R5 - Deion Belue - CB / Alabama

I realize this is the third 'Bama player in this draft and it's really an unnecessary pick with the production of Lewis and potential of Allen and Brown, but Taylor isn't getting any younger. This is more of an "infusion of youth" pick to our secondary. Having a young and talented group of corners isn't a bad thing. Choosing how to split the reps and who starts is a problem I'd love to have for this team.

R6 - Jahleel Addae - SS / Central Michigan
R7 - Jon Bostic - MLB / Florida

Last edited by SteelersCanada; 11-16-2012 at 03:02 PM.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #12
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

I think Troy's replacement should be the 1st pick we make in the draft! And if Rambo is there in the 3rd, jump on him to take Clark's spot because we can't afford to go in to Denver anymore without compitent safties...
Old 11-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #13
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

I wouldn't be mad with Eric Reid in the first and move him to take Troy's spot ... and Rambo in the 2nd
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,694 Times in 8,612 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Judging off the last couple of weeks, I doubt that Jordan or Okafor will be available when the Steelers pick. While this does suck (a lot, especially because I remain so high on both of those guys) I think we can still have a couple of steals in the first couple of rounds. So, here's my latest mock after last weeks games and before this Saturday:

The fact that Johnson keeps slipping down the boards means only good things for the Steelers. This kid in 2011 was ridiculous and his athleticism can't be ignored. His lack of production this year could be pointed to the rise of Mosley and the production of Milliner. Too many cooks for this team right now, but when he's given a chance to make a play, he makes it.

In another thread I said this pick was very unrealistic and he wouldn't be here in the third round, but now there's a very good chance he may be. With the increase in production from guys like Swearinger and Williams, Rambo's name has taken a tumble. Whether or not this is justified is irrelevant, honestly, as if he falls to the Steelers in round 3, we might have the biggest steal of the draft.

R4 - Malliciah Goodman - DE / Clemson
R5 - Deion Belue - CB / Alabama

I realize this is the third 'Bama player in this draft and it's really an unnecessary pick with the production of Lewis and potential of Allen and Brown, but Taylor isn't getting any younger. This is more of an "infusion of youth" pick to our secondary. Having a young and talented group of corners isn't a bad thing. Choosing how to split the reps and who starts is a problem I'd love to have for this team.

R6 - Jahleel Addae - SS / Central Michigan
R7 - Jon Bostic - MLB / Florida
I really like those first two picks, although, I think that Johnson can be gotten in R3 or R4.

My mock has Matt Elam (or some other safety) in R2. I also like Shayne Skov (if Mosely is gone).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #15
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

I thought we could make it a few more years without having to draft a qb but with our current situation we may need to use a mid to late round pick on a real qb that we can develop incase ben gets hurt again. Batch is most likely in his last year with us and unless they plan on bringing back jerrod johnson or another free agent we might be forced to use a draft pick on a "starter in waiting" as tomlin calls it
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #16
bhandsome08
Water Boy

Member Number: 24495

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburhans View Post
I thought we could make it a few more years without having to draft a qb but with our current situation we may need to use a mid to late round pick on a real qb that we can develop incase ben gets hurt again. Batch is most likely in his last year with us and unless they plan on bringing back jerrod johnson or another free agent we might be forced to use a draft pick on a "starter in waiting" as tomlin calls it
I'd rather go with a FA back up QB. This years QB class is very weak. I think it'd be a waste pick, Especially with a strong defensive class overall. This is the kind of draft class Steelers FO would love. I can see them taking a guard like Omoregie Uzzi of Georgia Tech. Later in the draft though. I think we'd need it for depth issues.
bhandsome08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #17
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Drafting a quarterback in this draft would be a waste. With the amount of defensive talent spread around at all positions, we can hold off on drafting a younger guy. Besides, I have a feeling the quarterbacks next year will be Ben, Hoyer and Jerrod Johnson. Two younger guys to back up Roethlisberger instead of two veterans.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #18
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

I'm not sure why johnson wasn't brought back already. He knows the playbook and he had a solid preseason. I sure hope we atleast keep him as our #3 for next year and he could possibly become the #2 and beat out hoyer.
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #19
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

After seeing today's loss and watching the games on Saturday, this is my latest mock. It's largely unchanged since my last one, but it's updated.

R4 - Knile Davis - RB / Arkansas

R5 - Brodrick Brown - CB / Oklahoma State

R6 - William Campbell - DE / Michigan

R7 - Jahleel Addae - SS / Central Michigan
Old 11-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #20
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Worilds has three sacks in his limited playing time. I'm not ready to write him off.
4 Now!