Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219
Default Position and Race?

This is in no way meant to be an offensive post. I want to first say I voted for Barrack Obama twice, and I do not make racial stereotypes these are just very obvious observations that everyone notices. Although it doesn't matter the recent injury to Big Ben and replacement by Bryon Leftwich and comparisons between rg3 and cam newton made me think about african american quarterbacks and how there are fewer by percentage at the quarterback and kicker position and more in the wide receiver and running back type positions. Even almost every african american quarterback is also known as a good rushing quarterback, especially while they are young (rg3 newton, mcnabb, vick) The best quarterbacks always seem to be white (brady,rogers,brees,manning,Ben) they on average tend to be more accurate passers and have longer careers. Also notice in baseball the extreme shortage of African American pitchers (dark skinned players with the last name "ruiz" 'soriano""rivera" are latino not african. C.C Sabathia I think is the only actual black pitcher.) Can everyone just admit that Blacks are faster and can jump better than whites and whites can throw and kick better than blacks IN GENERAL. (where are all the asian football players?) Keep it civil I really want some other perspectives on this.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default Re: Position and Race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZeQuietly View Post
This is in no way meant to be an offensive post. I want to first say I voted for Barrack Obama twice, and I do not make racial stereotypes these are just very obvious observations that everyone notices. Although it doesn't matter the recent injury to Big Ben and replacement by Bryon Leftwich and comparisons between rg3 and cam newton made me think about african american quarterbacks and how there are fewer by percentage at the quarterback and kicker position and more in the wide receiver and running back type positions. Even almost every african american quarterback is also known as a good rushing quarterback, especially while they are young (rg3 newton, mcnabb, vick) The best quarterbacks always seem to be white (brady,rogers,brees,manning, they on average tend to be more accurate passers and have longer careers. Also notice in baseball the extreme shortage of African American pitches (dark skinned played with the last name "ruiz" 'soriano""rivera" are latino not african. C.C Sabathia I think is the only actual black pitcher. Can everyone just admit that Blacks are faster and can jump better than whites and whites can throw and kick better than black IN GENERAL. (where are all the asian football players?) Keep it civil I really want some other perspectives on this.
I wouldn't touch this post with a ten foot poll. I will say it now makes sense, you on percocet and klonopin voting for Obama. I always say you must be on drugs to vote for Obama and in this case I was right.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,228 Times in 3,472 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Steve McNair was one of the best all-round qb's I've ever seen. If he had stayed healthy and played longer his name would come up more. Warren Moon was a great passing qb as well. Vick had a hell of an arm, he just was also phenomenal at running and relied on it more than other qbs.

I've always thought that black people probably weren't given as many opportunities to play qb like they weren't given many chances to be head coaches, but I have nothing to really base that off of.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Steve McNair was one of the best all-round qb's I've ever seen. If he had stayed healthy and played longer his name would come up more. Warren Moon was a great passing qb as well. Vick had a hell of an arm, he just was also phenomenal at running and relied on it more than other qbs.

I've always thought that black people probably weren't given as many opportunities to play qb like they weren't given many chances to be head coaches, but I have nothing to really base that off of.
I know there are exceptions, but in general I am correct.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,228 Times in 3,472 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
I know there are exceptions, but in general I am correct.
nice discussion. glad we solved it
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
I wouldn't touch this post with a ten foot poll. I will say it now makes sense, you on percocet and klonopin voting for Obama. I always say you must be on drugs to vote for Obama and in this case I was right.
No, I voted for Obama because he wasn't John McCain, who would have nuked the entire middle east had he been elected. Then I voted for Obama because he isn't Mitt Romney who is the most fake ass cracker I have ever seen in my entire life. Not to mention his foreign policy has some parts of the world considering not murdering us when we go on vacation now. Also not to mention slow but steady job growth. Klonopin and Percocet have nothing to do with this. I'm not high (on klonopin or percocet).

Last edited by BlaZeQuietly; 11-18-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: numerous typos
BlaZeQuietly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,684 Times in 1,651 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
No, I voted for Obama because he wasn't John McCain, who would have nuked the entire middle east had he been elected. Then I voted for Obama because he isn't Mitt Romney who is the most fake ass cracker I have ever seen in my entire life. Not to mention his foreign policy has some parts of the world considering not murdering us when we go on vacation now. Not to mention slow but steady job growth. Klonopin and Percocet have nothing to do with this. I'm not high (on klonopin or percocet).

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
What? I can say it, I'm White.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,684 Times in 1,651 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
What? I can say it, I'm White.
Dumb ass cracker!

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote