Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #21
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,651 Times in 2,539 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: OFFICIAL baltimore gamegoat thread. Vent away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Lefty was fine, until he was injured, gameplan was fine until Lefty was injured
Lefty was injured in what? The first minute of the game?
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
gloydfan (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #22
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24488

Leftwich sucks.

You can say he was hurt, that's fine, but he should TELL THE STAFF, Batch isn't good but he's better than a 50% Leftwich. Byron wants to be the tough guy, the hero, but sometimes you're hurting your team by playing at less than 100%.

Time to raid the scrap heap for a QB. Give Seneca Wallace a call
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #23
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala View Post
Leftwich sucks.

You can say he was hurt, but then TELL THE STAFF, Batch isn't good but he's better than a 50% Leftwich.

Seneca Wallace is terrible. Bring Antwaan Randle El out of retirement. 156.1 career QB rating!
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #24
Unkindness
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24512

"Waaaaaaaa........without the punt return we win....."

I thought Excuses were tools of the incompetent.

It's a game of inches. Ravens got what they needed and beat the Steelers. Ravens have injuries just as serious as yours.

Get over it. Your season is over. 3 losses in a row to Ravens. You will your next two games to seal the deal.

Ravens are a superior team. Steelers are on the backslide now.
Unkindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #25
RichardCullinanForever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18924

Mendenhall should not take another snap in a Steeler's jersey. He already costed us a SB, and he has no smarts out on the field. That, and he fuking sucks at running back. Dwyer all the way.

Special teams blows, as always.

Ravens are trash. Nothing they did tonight impressed me at all. Can't wait to play them in the playoffs and shit all over them in their stadium.
RichardCullinanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #26
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala View Post
Leftwich sucks.

You can say he was hurt, that's fine, but he should TELL THE STAFF, Batch isn't good but he's better than a 50% Leftwich. Byron wants to be the tough guy, the hero, but sometimes you're hurting your team by playing at less than 100%.

I'd call McNabb b4 I called that POS
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #27
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,415 Times in 4,680 Posts

Wow. I understand frustration, but blaming Leftwich is beyond stupid. Top to bottom, the offense didn't play well. Leftwich's throws were off, yes, but that's a result of getting hit far too often which can be credited to the fact Heath wasn't put in to help Adams on the right side. Kruger worked Adams all night and Haley didn't make the correct adjustments. The offensive line - save for Pouncey - looked pretty bad. Mike Adams isn't capable of taking guys one on one, and Colon wasn't playing with any intensity it seemed. Mendenhall wasn't playing with any explosiveness and was a non-factor.

The defense was a completely different story. They looked good - and by good, I mean 2008 good. Flacco looked like a high school quarterback that didn't know his ass from his elbow and constantly made poor throws. Once again, Mundy fucked up and dropped what should have been a sure interception. Timmons was making plays all night, and Woodley showed explosiveness off the edge. In reality, the Steelers' D held the Ravens to 6 points. 6 points. Taylor completely and utterly shut down Smith all game and made him a non-factor. Lewis let a couple of throws connect, but for the most part, had a decent enough game. Hampton looked like a force on most plays against that Ravens OLine and Keisel had a good enough game. Heyward, though, was thoroughly impressive. He generated pressure on almost every snap which resulted in poor throw after poor throw from Flacco. The defense looked stout.

Regarding Leftwich - even with a weak arm he can still throw it farther down the field and Batch can. Clamoring for Batch to come in is easily the stupidest thing I've ever heard. He's long, long passed his prime and is a waste of 500 000 on the cap right now. I don't understand the love for Charlie - he's never been talented and with the leadership we have on this team, it's insane he's still on the roster. Leftwich made a couple of throws that were right on the money and ended up being big gains. If Cotchery hangs on to the ball, despite being hit by Pollard, the game ends up differently.

There's nothing wrong with Wallace's attitude - he wasn't targeted all game. In fact, when he was, it resulted in a 40+ yard penalty because they couldn't run with him. Despite the success on the first play of the game they never went back to him on the deep ball. Instead, they insisted on short throws which Leftwich couldn't hit. The run game was ineffective early on and ended up being the bane of this offense. The lack of a run game threw play action out the window and the offense became one-dimensional.

I understand the frustration, but it's misplaced. The playcalling was suspect and the OLine played poorly. The defense played like a top 3 unit in this league and ultimately, special teams ended up being the difference. The Ravens look beatable and weak on offense when paired against a capable defense.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #28
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24488

I need to throw some venting towards Polamalu. I can think of a lot better ways to spend $7 million than to have it wasted on a guy standing on the sidelines. He's played 5 quarters this season and it's starting to piss me off. I know guys get hurt, but what's his deal? Does it take three months for a calf strain to heal?

We could have used one of his signature big plays tonight, but instead he's coaching. Dude just can't stay on the field. I love Troy to death, but we need him out there in games like this.
Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,365 Times in 4,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
Without the punt return, we win! Wallace could've made an effort for the ball at his feet! Ray Lewis is a self loathing punk bitch!
shouldnt have to. leftys best throw was his 1st one (incomplete) and his arm was shot afterwards.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #30
RichardCullinanForever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkindness View Post
"Waaaaaaaa........without the punt return we win....."

I thought Excuses were tools of the incompetent.

It's a game of inches. Ravens got what they needed and beat the Steelers. Ravens have injuries just as serious as yours.

Get over it. Your season is over. 3 losses in a row to Ravens. You will your next two games to seal the deal.

Ravens are a superior team. Steelers are on the backslide now.

It's simply not true. Ben is the most significant player on our team. It doesn't compare to the Raven's injuries. If Ben played, then yes, Antonio Brown, Troy P, and our O-line men are probably 'equals' to who the Ravens were missing. But you're full of shit to think that Ben's injury made no impact on the outcome of the game.
RichardCullinanForever is offline   Reply With Quote