Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #101
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492
Default Re: OFFICIAL baltimore gamegoat thread. Vent away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
optimism?

with a little luck this team might be able to split with the Browns

Fire Haley

Todd Haley is the least of our problems. Have you been forgetting that Ben has had a MVP year up until he got hurt?
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #102
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
optimism?

with a little luck this team might be able to split with the Browns

Fire Haley

the Browns potentially could be VERY tough for us. At times, Weeden has looked strong, with multiple 300+ yard passing games. His downfall has been turning the ball over. Unfortunately, our defense is one of the worst, if not the worst, in the league at creating turnovers, INT's, etc.
Add to that they have a beast of an OL (and we're not getting much pressure as it is..) and their defense is actually pretty good too.
If we're still playing with backup QB's - we'll be very lucky to come away with a split.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:33 AM   #103
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Todd Haley is the least of our problems.
We had ONE chance to win that game - you RUN THE BALL on third AND fourth down if you need it on the 3yd line. That was where you win the game and he blew it.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Haley For This Useful Post:
FanSince72 (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #104
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
We had ONE chance to win that game - you RUN THE BALL on third AND fourth down if you need it on the 3yd line. That was where you win the game and he blew it.
yeah. He blew it. He called a poor game when he was using a sub-par backup QB. But all-in-all, for the year, i'd still give him an A-
Old 11-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #105
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,394 Times in 1,122 Posts

Yeah, I'm not ready to see Haley fired yet. He called a poor game last night, but execution was seriously lacking too...so it wasn't all the play callings fault.

My goats are Tomlin and Leftwich. Poor TO management aside, Leftwich should have been pulled at the half, or at least somewhere in the third. I understand them wanting to start him, that's fine, but he couldn't even make simple passes at times. That's what killed this game.

Just a shitty way to lose a game. It would have been easier to stomach if they'd been blown out. Knowing that it comes down to just a couple simple things just kills me.

I'm with others though in saying that the Ravens are very beatable right now. Were I a fan of theirs, I would be anything but comfortable with this 8-2 record. They were the better overall team last night, but the Steelers fucked up simple shit so much, that that's not really saying much for the Ravens...who could barely eek out a win. (It's like how I didn't really feel all high and mighty about barely beating the Chiefs, with how badly they played.) Steelers definitely have a shot of beating them in their house. Just gotta make a few adjustments.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #106
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001

I really blame this one on Tomlin. Keeping Leftwich in was disastrous! Batch is clearly the better QB even when Leftwich is healthy.
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #107
Steelerindc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15880

A couple of things that I would like to ad to all of this second guessing. There have been times when I thought that Tomlin over thought himself and played into to hype of the game.

On the 3and 2 on the Ravens 4 yd line. I thought it was stupid and insane to try that fade route then. You have the 27th ranked defense and Dwyer showed if you put a FB in front of him he can get you 2 or more yds, Get the first down and give your team four more downs.

I don't know why you wouldn't jam it down there throat right there. That gives us the lead.

Also, it became apparent that Byron couldn't get the ball down field. I could only assume that Batch didn't take to many of the reps during the week and they didn't want to chance. I can only hope that was the reason.

The Bigger issue for me is why are these dudes still on the team, there old, often hurt and really aren't worth the time or effort. It seems like they're trying to make Ben feel secure in his job by not drafting another QB or signing a younger backup. What are they thinking?
Steelerindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #108
TRH
Living Legend

i was surprised how weak Leftwich's arm seems. He hopped a few balls and on that one downfield pass, he couldn't even get the ball down there.
Batch isn't any better. He's a good mentor on the sidelines, but as a QB on the field, he's terrible.
I thought we were foolish in the off-season for not addressing this. I knew it wasn't good. Probably should have used that 4th round pick in another way, huh? lol
There were a few free agents, who were better than both of these guys, hanging around as well.

Absolutely, without question, look for the team to address this situation this off-season. We're likely nearing the very end of the Batch/Leftwich era.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #109
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts

Tomlin doesn't call the offensive plays....Haley does.

after telling reporters he was not going to try to outsmart anyone by throwing against a suspect run defense, Haley did just that
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #110
Steelerindc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15880

I know that Haley calls the plays, but I also know that Mike hears them in his headset. He's the head coach, he can tell his OC to run the ball at any point. I know he trust Haley and don't want to get in the way of the OC, but I think he should have vetoed that call on 3 & 2.
Steelerindc is offline   Reply With Quote