Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #81
mmaeastcoast
Water Boy

Member Number: 24527
Default Re: Baltimoresun article

As far as the Texans...someone mentioned them above, they almost got beat down by the Jaguars...they are no invincible, the peaked early and its about peaking late and into the playoffs...
mmaeastcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #82
mmaeastcoast
Water Boy

Member Number: 24527

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerschik View Post
Um, woo. What's that get you at the end of the season? Yeah, nothing. Big deal.
well when we sweep you two years in a row its gonna get us the AFC North and probably some home field advantage
mmaeastcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #83
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaeastcoast View Post
well when we sweep you two years in a row its gonna get us the AFC North and probably some home field advantage
And what did winning the AFC North get them last year. Nada. Guess what, the team isn't as good as it was last year. It will be nada again. If you're happy sweeping the Steelers just to win the north and win a PO game, then good for you, your expectations are low. Truth be told the Ravens haven't won the big one from sweeping the Steelers yet. Hell, they can't even make it there let alone win it, so until that happens, it's just a regular season sweep. Congrats on that.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #84
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,050 Times in 3,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaeastcoast View Post
you guys will prolly get the reg. season sweep but I wouldn't want to be seeing us in the playoffs when ben and troy are back in the lineup
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #85
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
you guys will prolly get the reg. season sweep but I wouldn't want to be seeing us in the playoffs when ben and troy are back in the lineup
If we're at the bank I would play any team, any time. The only team I am worried about is Texans on the road.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #86
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
If we're at the bank I would play any team, any time. The only team I am worried about is Texans on the road.
Don't know why. Watching the Ravens the games I have, I see nothing and no reason to have so much confidence in that team. None. They should be worried about facing the Pats, Denver AND Texas. I don't see them getting past any of them. Sorry.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #87
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Don't know why. Watching the Ravens the games I have, I see nothing and no reason to have so much confidence in that team. None. They should be worried about facing the Pats, Denver AND Texas. I don't see them getting past any of them. Sorry.
Well, we already beat the pats. If we play Denver at home they don't scare me, we are just two different teams home vs. away. You will see in two weeks. they showed the numbers during the game, not sure if you saw, it is bizarre. Flacco's completion percentage is something like 52% on the road and 67% at home, and his QB rating is over 100 at home on average. Also we have the longest active winning streak at home, and it is in double digits.

I don't know if Cam gets drunk on his way to opposing stadiums, if Joe is deaf in one ear so they can't run the no-huddle effectively with crowd noise, or if it is just dumb luck, but home versus away is like watching 2 different teams.

And if averaging 320 ypg, a 108 QB rating, 3:1 TD to INT ratio isn't impressive I don't know what is.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #88
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Well, we already beat the pats. If we play Denver at home they don't scare me, we are just two different teams home vs. away. You will see in two weeks. they showed the numbers during the game, not sure if you saw, it is bizarre. Flacco's completion percentage is something like 52% on the road and 67% at home, and his QB rating is over 100 at home on average. Also we have the longest active winning streak at home, and it is in double digits.

I don't know if Cam gets drunk on his way to opposing stadiums, if Joe is deaf in one ear so they can't run the no-huddle effectively with crowd noise, or if it is just dumb luck, but home versus away is like watching 2 different teams.

And if averaging 320 ypg, a 108 QB rating, 3:1 TD to INT ratio isn't impressive I don't know what is.
Just because you beat a team once during the season (Pats) means nothing in the post season. You should know that. The Ravens are extremely lucky to be playing Denver at home as opposed to Denver because honestly that's the only way they win that game. Yes at home they're a different team than on the road, but I can't see them beating San Diego and I'm even questioning the Ravens beating the Bengals at this time. There was nothing impressive about the win last night. Not a thing. That old "a win is a win" is a bunch of crap. I didn't feel good after the Steelers "win" over KC, felt more like a loss, which is how I would feel today if I were a Ravens fan.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #89
whitty hutton
Water Boy

Member Number: 20448

Quote:
Just because you beat a team once during the season (Pats) means nothing in the post season. You should know that. The Ravens are extremely lucky to be playing Denver at home as opposed to Denver because honestly that's the only way they win that game. Yes at home they're a different team than on the road, but I can't see them beating San Diego and I'm even questioning the Ravens beating the Bengals at this time. There was nothing impressive about the win last night. Not a thing. That old "a win is a win" is a bunch of crap. I didn't feel good after the Steelers "win" over KC, felt more like a loss, which is how I would feel today if I were a Ravens fan.
Yeah, fans should feel real bad about getting a stranglehold on the division. This is why females are supposed to be in the kitchen Thursday when the men are watching the games
whitty hutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #90
Terminator
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,382 Times in 544 Posts

I really really really really cannot stand Ravens fans that post on this board constantly to argue and boast of their team in all of these threads.

Don't you have your own fucking boards?
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote