Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #21
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default Re: Official Fox News is BS thread

you are obtuse if you deny the entitlement society. Spew all the lame stats you want. Look around you. Why do you think people from other countries come here. I will tell you, free stuff. Extra money for having kids, medi cal, hospitals that have to treat you whether you have insurance or not. Lets not forget the dream act. These politicians are supposed to fix the illegal alien problem not make it worse with stupid crap like the dream act.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #22
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

I can see why you'd think those stats are lame...since they basically put everyone's grandma and grandpa in the entitlement society category.

Seriously...get your head out of your ass. All you're doing at this point is spouting bullshit you heard on the TV and parading it around as fact. You can't even suck up the manhood to admit you might be wrong in lumping everyone into one convenient category to make yourself feel superior. It's not as black and white as you portray it to be.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #23
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
I can see why you'd think those stats are lame...since they basically put everyone's grandma and grandpa in the entitlement society category.

Seriously...get your head out of your ass. All you're doing at this point is spouting bullshit you heard on the TV and parading it around as fact. You can't even suck up the manhood to admit you might be wrong in lumping everyone into one convenient category to make yourself feel superior. It's not as black and white as you portray it to be.
its obvious you are but hurt because you were on welfare. Its not spouting BS, i actually see it every time I go to work. I don't claim the 47 percent are all leeches and that some don't deserve help. I certainly don't think the 20,000 people in the Philly who voted 100 percent for Obama deserve squat though. 50 million on food stamps. This president caters to those people. Why would they bite the hand that feeds them and vote him out. yes I know he won and I am in the minority. Thats the said part. The majority now believe marriage is between man and man, life is disposable and ask what this country can do for you instead of the other way around. And I am the one who is screwing up the country. too effing funny
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #24
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
its obvious you are but hurt because you were on welfare. Its not spouting BS, i actually see it every time I go to work. I don't claim the 47 percent are all leeches and that some don't deserve help. I certainly don't think the 20,000 people in the Philly who voted 100 percent for Obama deserve squat though. 50 million on food stamps. This president caters to those people. Why would they bite the hand that feeds them and vote him out. yes I know he won and I am in the minority. Thats the said part. The majority now believe marriage is between man and man, life is disposable and ask what this country can do for you instead of the other way around. And I am the one who is screwing up the country. too effing funny
It's not butthurt, it's utter disgust. And yes, you did claim the 47% are all leeches. "They could care less about foreign policy or anyone in the middle class or higher. They care about what they get for free, and bringing down the big man, such as wealthy or powerful. Most probably don't even watch the news, they care more about the lates 50 cent CD and their I phone."...Your EXACT words. Don't act all innocent about it now. Own your statements.

And yes, you are part of the problem. Instead of looking at something logically and rationally, you choose to spew nonsense with nothing but you're own opinion to back it up. You obviously had no clue what demographics make up the so called 47%, and then try as hard as you can to change the subject matter when you're called out on it. All you're doing is helping to divide the nation by buying into the rhetoric of "us vs. them". That's it. You actually just did it again in your statement there by ASSuming that all 50 million people on food stamps will only vote for democrats. Got news for you, that isn't so. And like I said, these are exactly the kind of closed minded opinions that turn people off to the Republican party. I wish like hell the GOP would distance itself from people like you, it's damaging them to hell and back.

Now run along and go tell someone's grandma what a 47%er they are, and how they should start to take responsibility for their own life.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #25
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Quote:
It's not butthurt, it's utter disgust. And yes, you did claim the 47% are all leeches. "They could care less about foreign policy or anyone in the middle class or higher. They care about what they get for free, and bringing down the big man, such as wealthy or powerful. Most probably don't even watch the news, they care more about the lates 50 cent CD and their I phone."...Your EXACT words. Don't act all innocent about it now. Own your statements.

And yes, you are part of the problem. Instead of looking at something logically and rationally, you choose to spew nonsense with nothing but you're own opinion to back it up. You obviously had no clue what demographics make up the so called 47%, and then try as hard as you can to change the subject matter when you're called out on it. All you're doing is helping to divide the nation by buying into the rhetoric of "us vs. them". That's it. You actually just did it again in your statement there by ASSuming that all 50 million people on food stamps will only vote for democrats. Got news for you, that isn't so. And like I said, these are exactly the kind of closed minded opinions that turn people off to the Republican party. I wish like hell the GOP would distance itself from people like you, it's damaging them to hell and back.

Now run along and go tell someone's grandma what a 47%er they are, and how they should start to take responsibility for their own life.
I haven't changed any subject matter. I do think some I repeat some people on welfare or unemployment deserve it, I am not ignorant enough to think that all 50 mill on food stamps voted Obama. But I guarantee the majority did. Its like me saying blacks voted Obama. Of course not all did, but guess what 93 percent or so. That pretty close to all. I realize making me look like a villain and not caring about elderly would help your case but thats not what I think. You can keep saying it but I do think people need assistance, just not supported. Should be temporary.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #26
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
I haven't changed any subject matter. I do think some I repeat some people on welfare or unemployment deserve it, I am not ignorant enough to think that all 50 mill on food stamps voted Obama. But I guarantee the majority did. Its like me saying blacks voted Obama. Of course not all did, but guess what 93 percent or so. That pretty close to all. I realize making me look like a villain and not caring about elderly would help your case but thats not what I think. You can keep saying it but I do think people need assistance, just not supported. Should be temporary.
And it is temporary. I've told you this before, but you seem to have this notion that to receive welfare and foodstamps, you just get to sit back and do nothing. This is not the case. You have to (unless you are disabled) actively be employed, seeking employment, or be enrolled in job training programs to remain on welfare. Some states may give you a month to get enrolled in these programs, but I know in PA, you don't get benefits until you are set up in one of them. It may just surprise you to learn that many people on foodstamps actually do have a job, and pay payroll taxes...just many of them don't make enough to pay federal income taxes.

You saw the initial statement I quoted...how the hell else is someone supposed to take something like that? I showed you real facts and figures on who the people are who don't pay income taxes, and you called it lame. If you want to think the majority of those people are part of the entitlement society, that's your prerogative. I'm just telling you, in plain English, that thinking that way is false. Most are people who are elderly, or don't make enough money to pay income taxes. Many others are retirees or students who will one day pay income taxes. You lumped every single one of those people into a category of 47%ers and food stamp recipients who only care about what they can get for free. You should go back and read your statements again, and think about who these people really are. Some of them might even be part of your own family. *gasp*

In all seriousness though, I don't know how you even defend a position like that to someone's face, and then blame them for not wanting to be affiliated with the party that propagates that notion.

That's all I'll say on the topic. Anything else would just be me repeating myself.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #27
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

LOL.... this whole thread is why politics suck.

Each side is right, without question . No side wants/is willing to understand where the other is coming from. This is exactly how Congress operates.

Until people actually make an effort to work together and understand the other side, it will just be more of the same..... until there really is no fixing this country. Sadly, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Goodbye, America.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silver & black For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (11-19-2012), tony hipchest (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #28
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
LOL.... this whole thread is why politics suck.

Each side is right, without question . No side wants/is willing to understand where the other is coming from. This is exactly how Congress operates.

Until people actually make an effort to work together and understand the other side, it will just be more of the same..... until there really is no fixing this country. Sadly, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Goodbye, America.
You know what...you're absolutely right.

And I want to apologize for the way I went off. It's not conducive to the kind of attitude I wish to promote, and in general, I just plain don't like getting pissed off that way.

I DO see your side of the argument cubanstogie. I'm not happy about illegals taking advantage of the system anymore than you are. And having been through the system, you better believe nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone abuse it. It's just a lot of the rhetoric in the past decade or so has shifted to lumping all people into these certain categories, and many people don't seem to want to take the time to realize that these generalizations actually hurt the points their trying to make. I've had people scream at me, with my daughter in tow, when I've used my EBT card, or WIC checks at the checkout. I've seen other people follow people out into the parking lot screaming obscenities at them because they think they are milking the system, when in reality, they are probably just trying to put food on the table. So yes, it's a sore topic for me.

I get tired of hearing people bitch about it, but never look at the reality of it, or rarely ever try to propose realistic solutions to the problem. What I don't think you do, is look at someone in this kind of economy, and tell them it's their fault for being poor, or that they just want to be freeloaders (though I'm sure you're right in saying there are some that feel this way). I just don't think it's as many as you want to claim it is. And it's certainly not the majority of 47%ers who don't pay income taxes.

I see this kind of attitude all over forums and my FB page, and it really is off putting to people. I would just urge you to really think about your overall position on the topic, and try to realize that maybe it's both sides working to divide the nations mentality. I think if you looked hard enough, you might just find more people who are just desperate right now, rather than thinking the majority are people who just want to be lazy and never work. Maybe it's just the area I live in, but the people I come into contact with here are just struggling to get by, and would give anything to be able to fully provide for themselves and their families.

Again, I do apologize for going off the way I did. And thanks for some perspective, silver & black.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,922 Times in 4,520 Posts

Quote:
You know what...you're absolutely right.

And I want to apologize for the way I went off. It's not conducive to the kind of attitude I wish to promote, and in general, I just plain don't like getting pissed off that way.

Again, I do apologize for going off the way I did. And thanks for some perspective, silver & black.
meh... i think you had every right to "go off".
Old 11-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #30
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
meh... i think you had every right to "go off".
I will quote you Toni from a another thread. Who gives a $hit what you think.