Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #41
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743
Default Re: Byron Leftwich has 2 broken ribs - unlikely to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer72 View Post
You are sooooooo right!!! Been saying that since i saw the hit. And love i tomlin but was a complete A$$ for not making the switch to batch
I love him too, but sometimes....

...clock management
....field goal attempts when punts should be taken
....thinking Leftwich, even healthy, is a better QB option than Charlie Batch

Sheesh. Bring on Charlie!!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #42
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
Going in with Charlie is like going in with half a QB... just a matter of time when he will get injured.

Don't get me wrong, I love Batch, but you can't ask him to do something he is not physically fit to do.

Right. Because Charlie has been known to fall down in the end zone due to no defensive contact and break two damn ribs in the process.

Charlie makes better QB decisions than Leftwich and he makes quicker reads. Period.

All he needs to do is convert 3rd downs and not turn the ball over.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #43
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,620 Times in 2,523 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Pulled from my news feed on Facebook by the Black N Gold Girls

Black N Gold Girls
Now from the rumor mill: QB Tyler Palko (Pitt Grad) may get interview with Steelers. He played for Todd Haley in KC and has a grasp of his offense.

Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #44
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,675 Times in 5,232 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
Pulled from my news feed on Facebook by the Black N Gold Girls

Black N Gold Girls
Now from the rumor mill: QB Tyler Palko (Pitt Grad) may get interview with Steelers. He played for Todd Haley in KC and has a grasp of his offense.

makes sense, especially since this is only a short-term gig and by the time the new QB learned the offensive playbook he would get cut.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #45
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965

like San Fran last year Ben played the whole game hurt. even when the game was out of reach. Tomlin said after the game it was up to Ben to go out.

Tomlin gets paid big bucks to make these calls. time to bag the players coach and make some tough calls.

bad enough Leftwich started to begin with but to keep him in after being hurt is inexcusable.
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #46
Pirate
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24380

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFieldFive View Post
like San Fran last year Ben played the whole game hurt. even when the game was out of reach. Tomlin said after the game it was up to Ben to go out.

Tomlin gets paid big bucks to make these calls. time to bag the players coach and make some tough calls.

bad enough Leftwich started to begin with but to keep him in after being hurt is inexcusable.
Yep. Who's calling the shots here? We need a coach, not a friend.

Look @ the mess we're in now. How many of our players are 1 play away from retiring due to their health? How much $$$ do we have sitting on the bench? Who's our decent backups?

If I was Rooney I'd be pissed about the destruction of this team. Tomlin's ass would have been long gone.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:17 AM   #47
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Yep. Who's calling the shots here? We need a coach, not a friend.

Look @ the mess we're in now. How many of our players are 1 play away from retiring due to their health? How much $$$ do we have sitting on the bench? Who's our decent backups?

If I was Rooney I'd be pissed about the destruction of this team. Tomlin's ass would have been long gone.
Yes, he would have been long gone, we wouldn't have gone to two Super Bowls, and you'd be looking for your fifth head coach in as many years. Fortunately you're not Art Rooney, and this team is not the Browns, Raiders, Chiefs or any of a long list of perennial loser teams that can't hire good coaches, or keep good coaches once they do have them.
JWashington (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #48
Pirate
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Yes, he would have been long gone, we wouldn't have gone to two Super Bowls, and you'd be looking for your fifth head coach in as many years. Fortunately you're not Art Rooney, and this team is not the Browns, Raiders, Chiefs or any of a long list of perennial loser teams that can't hire good coaches, or keep good coaches once they do have them.
Dunno what makes you *think* I'd fire my coach every year. I kinda like longevity in that area. Being born & living 80% of my life in SW PA, I bleed Black & Gold & I'm used to that. I believe Tomlin had a good thing when he came here to keep building on. Now we're in a different scenario. I'm not seeing the development of this team as it should be.

So I ask you like I did in the post you replied to: How much $$$ do we have sitting on the bench? Who's our backups? I don't recall Troy doing anything extraordinary in his last play. I can remember Ben taking a worse hit & coming back to score.

How many passes does Tomlin get before he's held accountable for leading our team?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #49
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Dunno what makes you *think* I'd fire my coach every year. I kinda like longevity in that area. Being born & living 80% of my life in SW PA, I bleed Black & Gold & I'm used to that. I believe Tomlin had a good thing when he came here to keep building on. Now we're in a different scenario. I'm not seeing the development of this team as it should be.

So I ask you like I did in the post you replied to: How much $$$ do we have sitting on the bench? Who's our backups? I don't recall Troy doing anything extraordinary in his last play. I can remember Ben taking a worse hit & coming back to score.

How many passes does Tomlin get before he's held accountable for leading our team?
What do you consider a "pass"? Not winning the Super Bowl? Or a losing season? Or just losing the last game you watched that pissed you off so much you thought you'd vent on this forum? These posts miraculously disappear after victories, so I'm thinking it's this third one. As far as the other two options, the stats speak for themselves; Tomlin's in elite company. Anyone who would fire Tomlin now cannot claim to "like longevity".
Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #50
Pirate
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
What do you consider a "pass"? Not winning the Super Bowl? Or a losing season? Or just losing the last game you watched that pissed you off so much you thought you'd vent on this forum? These posts miraculously disappear after victories, so I'm thinking it's this third one. As far as the other two options, the stats speak for themselves; Tomlin's in elite company. Anyone who would fire Tomlin now cannot claim to "like longevity".
Look @ my posting history here. You'll find most of them on game day supporting our team. I lurked here longer because I didn't want to get into the pissing contest of who's a bigger fan as per normal for this board. Yeah as a long term supporter I feel I can question where this team is going. I gave Tomlin his chance.

It ain't all about winning. You can't see that in what I'm saying. It's about development & vision. I don't see it w/our present Coach. We should be able to hold our own when someone goes out. We shouldn't be making the same bone-headed calls on game day. I don't want to see our players crippled because the Coach won't take them out when needed.

Stats mean different things. We had the talent to ride on auto-pilot for a while. It takes poor decisions to ruin that, & that's what I'm talking about.

So go ahead & try to piss off another member who doesn't agree w/you. I'll still follow my team & be there game day regardless.