Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #51
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743
Default Re: QB Status for the Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
How about the games he played as a Steeler where we won? He finished 2008 with like a 105 rating across 4 games, I think.
Charlie is 5-2 with the Steelers as a starter. Winning his last game.

Sure, Charlie isn't starter material. But he's not 0-4 in his last 4 starts like Lefty.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #52
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,445 Times in 2,312 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

as far as the mcnabb rumors, he ran the kind of offense in philly that they were trying to do with ben (west coast, short-passing attack relying on YAC)

he also had a terrible o-line in philly and is used to pressure getting in his face

it could very well work. i've always been a fan of mcnabb
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #53
HarryC13
Water Boy

Member Number: 24535

Hi, new to the forum but at 59 a long-time Steeler fan. McNabb would be a good addition, agreed, but the name that jumped out at me immediately was David Garrard, former QB for the Jaguars. He's a bit younger than McNabb and Batch, is mobile and has good stats throughout his career. Was in contention for the Dolphins job until he was injured and released but last I heard he's now ready to go again. How about it?
HarryC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #54
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

From what I am understanding based on information I read last night and this morning, Donovan McNabb is under contract with the NFL Network, and will not be signing with any football team. He was not invited to practice today. I guess things could always change, but that is my understanding.

Adam Schefter is reporting that Mike Kafka and Brian Hoyer were the only 2 quarterbacks invited today. One will be signed this afternoon.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #55
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
From what I am understanding based on information I read last night and this morning, Donovan McNabb is under contract with the NFL Network, and will not be signing with any football team. He was not invited to practice today. I guess things could always change, but that is my understanding.

Adam Schefter is reporting that Mike Kafka and Brian Hoyer were the only 2 quarterbacks invited today. One will be signed this afternoon.

Yeah, it appears not too many people knew that McNabb has moved on and isn't available.
Will be an interesting day - looks like we may have 2 signings today.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #56
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Hell, I say sign them both ... gives the fans something entertaining to talk about while Ben takes a month off
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #57
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,748 Times in 2,657 Posts

I actually agree with a column by Ron Cook

Cook: A problem with the Steelers quarterback situation

Remember the fabulous line from "Cool Hand Luke," one of Paul Newman's all-time great movies?

"What we got here is a failure to communicate."

I'm thinking Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has that problem with his quarterbacks.

Either that or Tomlin has absolutely no faith in third-stringer Charlie Batch.

Either way, there's a problem....

In a 13-10 loss Sunday night to the Baltimore Ravens, Tomlin allowed Byron Leftwich to play the entire game after Leftwich broke two ribs, apparently when he fell into the end zone on his 31-yard touchdown scramble just 43 seconds into the game....

Late last season in a 20-3 loss to the 49ers in San Francisco, Tomlin allowed Ben Roethlisberger to play on a badly sprained left ankle, an injury from a week earlier in a win against the Cleveland Browns. Roethlisberger kept telling Tomlin he was good to go. Tomlin kept him in until late in the game, long after the outcome had been decided, even though Roethlisberger had no mobility. He threw three interceptions and lost two fumbles that game. I guess Tomlin thought he was a better option than Batch.

Do you sense a trend here?

Tomlin blew it in both games.

It's not a player's call to decide who plays and who doesn't. It's a coach's decision. He can't just listen to what the player has to say. He has to trust his eyes and do what's best for his team. Tomlin failed the Steelers in the 49ers game and the Ravens game

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...uation-662850/
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
Pirate (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #58
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,748 Times in 2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Lamarr Woodley just posted on Facebook: "How would ya'll feel if we signed McNabb?"

Why would he post that?
Larry Foote says he should not have posted that

Larry Foote, during his weekly morning radio spot on Pittsburgh FM radio’s 93.7 The Fan told fellow linebacker LaMarr Woodley to shut up about his apparent suggestion that the team sign Donovan McNabb to ease its quarterback crisis.

Woodley said this on Twitter Monday:
“So @JasonLaCanfora saying byron might be out. what would yall think if we got @donovanjmcnabb?”
The boys on The Fan morning show asked Foote what he thought about that. Foote said he doesn’t discuss team business outside the team and then said, “LaMar needs to shut up and just play football.’’

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...ports/steelers
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #59
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,128 Times in 3,910 Posts

Instead of blaming Tomlin, how about we take a look at the fact that Leftwich told the medical staff to leave when they tried to look at him. He was probably telling Tomlin he was OK, and Mike had no reason to think it wasn't anything more than a minor injury. Even in the rib / upper chest area, a minor injury hurts like a bitch.

Cris and Al were commenting that Byron wasn't being attended to by the medical staff and I can guarantee it was because Byron didn't want them to find out he was seriously injured. He wanted to stay in the game and play, but it's a lot easier to blame Mike. This is the kind of bullshit that people jump to after a loss and it's getting really, really old. How about we open our eyes and ears before saying stupid shit like "blame Mike! he didn't take him out!" and realize that these guys want to stay in and want to keep playing, despite the pain. It's why we have a concussion protocol now and why players playing through concussions is an epidemic in the league right now. They've become experts at hiding pain, but you can't hide broken or fractured ribs, so he stayed as far away from them as possible.

Tomlin isn't the devil and cares about his players, it's time we stop bitching at him for his decision making. But, I bet these are the same people that would say "Cowher wouldn't do this!". Idiots.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #60
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Instead of blaming Tomlin, how about we take a look at the fact that Leftwich told the medical staff to leave when they tried to look at him. He was probably telling Tomlin he was OK, and Mike had no reason to think it wasn't anything more than a minor injury. Even in the rib / upper chest area, a minor injury hurts like a bitch.

Cris and Al were commenting that Byron wasn't being attended to by the medical staff and I can guarantee it was because Byron didn't want them to find out he was seriously injured. He wanted to stay in the game and play, but it's a lot easier to blame Mike. This is the kind of bullshit that people jump to after a loss and it's getting really, really old. How about we open our eyes and ears before saying stupid shit like "blame Mike! he didn't take him out!" and realize that these guys want to stay in and want to keep playing, despite the pain. It's why we have a concussion protocol now and why players playing through concussions is an epidemic in the league right now. They've become experts at hiding pain, but you can't hide broken or fractured ribs, so he stayed as far away from them as possible.

Tomlin isn't the devil and cares about his players, it's time we stop bitching at him for his decision making. But, I bet these are the same people that would say "Cowher wouldn't do this!". Idiots.

Weren't you just saying yesterday that Leftwhich is not to blame?
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote