Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #131
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142
Default Re: OFFICIAL baltimore gamegoat thread. Vent away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez09231 View Post
I think it's funny how different the perspectives are between Ravens fans and Steelers fans. Is it fun to never have lost a game that matters to Baltimore? Yep. Is it funny that they have Flacco as their QB? Lol, yep. Does it suck losing a divisional game? Yeah, sure does. But, there is always the next game, and the goal of the season isn't to beat Baltimore. I'd take 50 losses to Baltimore if it meant a Super Bowl.

That's really the difference. To us, the end is the Super Bowl, and anything else is a failure. To them, beating the Steelers is everything. Take last year, "Oh we beat you twice! Successful season!" Yeah, but you didn't win the Super Bowl. There are 31 losers and 1 winner. "Yeah, but we beat you twice!"

Different mentality. Different goals. That's why we have more rings than anyone, and aside from earlier last decade, their franchise hasn't been a champion if half a century. That's why they come gloat after beating us. These games are important to us because Baltimore is our #1 competitor due to both teams being upper echelon and playing them twice. We want to beat them to put ourselves in a better position to win titles. They want to beat us because to them beating us is winning a title.

Little brother syndrome.
Half a- do you know what a century is? Just curious.

The franchise is ~16 years old.

P.S. we want to beat each other for the same reason: to get to the playoffs, and because we hate each other. There is so much Ravens venom on this board, if you deny that you hate the Ravens, you are just a bold face liar or self delusional.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #132
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Half a- do you know what a century is? Just curious.

The franchise is ~16 years old.

P.S. we want to beat each other for the same reason: to get to the playoffs and because we hate each other. There is so much Ravens venom on this board, if you deny that you hate the Ravens, you are just a bold face liar or self delusional.

You guys love to pretend that you aren't the Browns. You pretend that you started from nothing in 1996. It's cute.

I do hate the Ravens, but I know that beating them doesn't win us a title. To you guys, you're already champs. You did it. Throw another Gatorade shower on Harbaugh. 3 straight regular season wins? That's 3 straight titles as far as Baltimore is concerned.

Start planning the parade, the Ravens are at their apex -- they beat a team in the regular season.

You've already proved my point. "To get into the playoffs." Beat Pittsburgh, make it to the playoffs = successful season.

Different mentality.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #133
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

this thread is now spiraling into a chaotic mess of "13-year old, he said-she said" s**t.

Enough already.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #134
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dez09231 View Post
You guys love to pretend that you aren't the Browns. You pretend that you started from nothing in 1996. It's cute.

I do hate the Ravens, but I know that beating them doesn't win us a title. To you guys, you're already champs. You did it. Throw another Gatorade shower on Harbaugh. 3 straight regular season wins? That's 3 straight titles as far as Baltimore is concerned.

Start planning the parade, the Ravens are at their apex -- they beat a team in the regular season.

You've already proved my point. "To get into the playoffs." Beat Pittsburgh, make it to the playoffs = successful season.

Different mentality.
Beating you in the regular season doesn't help us get to the superbowl, once the playoffs start everyone is 0-0. Beating you only puts us in position to make a better playoff run. Are you actually that dense?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #135
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,325 Times in 3,994 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Beating you in the regular season doesn't help us get to the superbowl, once the playoffs start everyone is 0-0. Beating you only puts us in position to make a better playoff run. Are you actually that dense?
What's with the gatorade bath, then? If that's not your Super Bowl win, are you conceding it was a classless and unprofessional move?
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #136
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

Goats: 1. Wallace
2. Special teams
3. Todd Haley and Tomlin

Im not going to hate on Lefty because he did score the only offensive touchdown of the game and played the rest of the game with broken ribs. That leads me to Tomlin who simply should have just took him out for performance and health reasons. Todd haley's playcalling killed us. Our biggest drive of the game we ran down the field to the 11. Then we throw on first and third downs when they hadnt stopped dwyer all drive. Wallace's fumble killed our momentum and led to a score. He lacked effort on that low pass and the pass in the endzone. I saw the play close in person and on replays it showed he could have gotten his other foot in even though it would have been a tough catch. You just cant give up a punt return for touchdown and there were alot of missed tackles on other returns

On a positive not the D played very well. Completely shut down the running game. Keenan lewis really impressed me and love the way he hams it up to the crowd and is really into the game. Good to see some sacks too but we need to force some TURNOVERS. Would have changed the outcome of the game.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 AM   #137
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

The biggest goat by far was Wallace. He can't seem to hold on to the ball in dry weather, let alone wet weather. He had a couple of chances for redemption after that fumble and failed miserably.

Sure, Lefty didn't do well, but how well would anyone throw with 2 cracked ribs. I applaud his effort. He is definitely a warrior. I believe he may have taken all the snaps for the week and Batch hasn't even had a chance to prepare with the new coordinator. Batch will be ready for next week, though.

On a side note, did anyone see the TD dance Jacoby Jones made? He clearly copied Antonio Browns' TD dance; in "our house", too. That to me just proves The Ravens' envy of The Steelers and clear inferiority complex.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #138
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkindness View Post
"Waaaaaaaa........without the punt return we win....."

I thought Excuses were tools of the incompetent.

It's a game of inches. Ravens got what they needed and beat the Steelers. Ravens have injuries just as serious as yours.

Get over it. Your season is over. 3 losses in a row to Ravens. You will your next two games to seal the deal.

Ravens are a superior team. Steelers are on the backslide now.
Another Raven fan getting ahead of himself. Most clueless fans in the NFL...by a long shot.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #139
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitty hutton View Post
Just because somebody is a fan of another team doesn't make them a troll. Learn what the word actually means
I looked it up in the dictionary and saw your picture.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #140
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
What's with the gatorade bath, then? If that's not your Super Bowl win, are you conceding it was a classless and unprofessional move?
Absolutely I am, and if you look at my post history I started a thread on these boards stating exactly that when it happened. Does it make the team classless and unprofessional, which seems to be your implication? No, but it was a bad moment for Ravens history no doubt. You won't see it again, guaranteed.