Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #51
JWashington
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24487
Default Re: Byron Leftwich has 2 broken ribs - unlikely to start

Let me get this right. You want one of the most respected, winningest coaches with a great record, 2 SB appearences, 1 Ship and a contending team pretty much every year fired?? Who might I ask would you replace him with?
JWashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #52
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Look @ my posting history here. You'll find most of them on game day supporting our team. I lurked here longer because I didn't want to get into the pissing contest of who's a bigger fan as per normal for this board. Yeah as a long term supporter I feel I can question where this team is going. I gave Tomlin his chance.

It ain't all about winning. You can't see that in what I'm saying. It's about development & vision. I don't see it w/our present Coach. We should be able to hold our own when someone goes out. We shouldn't be making the same bone-headed calls on game day. I don't want to see our players crippled because the Coach won't take them out when needed.

Stats mean different things. We had the talent to ride on auto-pilot for a while. It takes poor decisions to ruin that, & that's what I'm talking about.

So go ahead & try to piss off another member who doesn't agree w/you. I'll still follow my team & be there game day regardless.
I bolded two comments because they really don't support your argument. So, it's not about winning but holding our own? I think that's what happened on Sunday night
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #53
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWashington View Post
Let me get this right. You want one of the most respected, winningest coaches with a great record, 2 SB appearences, 1 Ship and a contending team pretty much every year fired?? Who might I ask would you replace him with?
Yeah I'm glad that the Rooneys don't listen to bonehead fans, who over the years wanted Noll, Cowher and Tomlin fired... I'm proud that we have only had three coaches since the 60's. I hope we don't have another one for 15-20 years.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #54
Pirate
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24380

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
I bolded two comments because they really don't support your argument. So, it's not about winning but holding our own? I think that's what happened on Sunday night
QB position's looking pretty weak to me this week. Gotta plan if Batch goes out? Maybe someone healthy that's been practicing that position for a bit? Clue me in on it.

That's what I mean about holding our own.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote