Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #91
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

And I agree with what you said. I don't think we will beat you at home with the current state of things. But, that insane home streak will end eventually. Hopefully this year. At the same time, I won't be surprised if it continues.

The Ravens play lights out at home. The fans get their money's worth for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkindness View Post
I agree with a lot of what you say. However, 2 of the 3 games you mention are home games. The Ravens are a totally different team in Baltimore. Longest win streak at home in the NFL. Flacco's stats practically double at M&T Bank. Redskins are up and down. I think we get 2 out of 3 of those.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Twentyvalve For This Useful Post:
Unkindness (11-21-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 07:07 PM   #92
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

It will end. If not before the end of season, it will end in the playoffs likely. Honestly, I think both the Ravens and Steelers are worse this year than they have been in the last 3 years. Age and injuries have taken their toll on both teams.
The 2010 and 2011 versions of both teams would have beaten either of these teams this year.

Worst part is, I think the Ravens are living on borrowed time. They could easily fall apart and limp in at 3-3 the rest of the way and still win the division. While the Steelers, who I think had everything starting to come together except for health, could miss the playoffs entirely if Ben doesn't come and pick up where he left off.

If the Steelers get in the playoffs and Ben is his old self, I think we are as good as any AFC team.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerchad For This Useful Post:
Unkindness (11-21-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #93
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
What don't I respect about Ravens fans and even some Ravens players and your jackass coach? The only bigger punk in the NFL is the other Harbaugh. Their parents should be investigated.
Whatever your opinion of Harbaugh's conduct is, I can tell you this - he does a hell of a lot for the troops. Constantly doing phone calls with them, charity events in the Baltimore area, giving out tickets, sending Ravens swag, whatever. As a vet, I really appreciate it and he does so much of it I really do think it speaks to his character. It is not just for show.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #94
Unkindness
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyvalve View Post
And I agree with what you said. I don't think we will beat you at home with the current state of things. But, that insane home streak will end eventually. Hopefully this year. At the same time, I won't be surprised if it continues.

The Ravens play lights out at home. The fans get their money's worth for sure.
My boss works in our Albuquerque office and is a huge Broncos fan. I have been hearing about the Denver game for weeks now.

The streak will end. It has to. Just a question of when. Its amazing how different the team is at home though.
Unkindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #95
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Whatever your opinion of Harbaugh's conduct is, I can tell you this - he does a hell of a lot for the troops. Constantly doing phone calls with them, charity events in the Baltimore area, giving out tickets, sending Ravens swag, whatever. As a vet, I really appreciate it and he does so much of it I really do think it speaks to his character. It is not just for show.
I honestly think he's just very competitive and can't stand the losing so much that he can't control the fact that he comes off as a jackass in a lot of interviews. He can't bring himself to credit the other team, especially when it's the Steelers.

I think all NFL coaches are competitive, it's just most of them are refined enough to not wear their emotions on their sleeve.

Sometimes I wish our coach would just go off, but he gives the usual coach speak win or lose every week. He keeps his emotions very in check and close to the vest. It's probably the right way to do it.

Harbaugh making stupid statements like the Ravens know the rules on how to tackle and other teams (the Steelers) will soon learn how to do it right, really got under some people's skin. And now look. The Ravens had multiple illegal hits in that game and a lot since that game and the Steelers haven't had quite as many as they used to. That stuff's just bad luck on bang, bang plays, but to hear Harbaugh claim that his team was above all of that was a little sickening.

He may be a swell guy. I might enjoy having a beer with him. But as long as he's the Ravens coach and continues with his arrogant talk, I won't care for him much. I actually prefer just about any coach in the league besides maybe Rex, the other Harbaugh, and Bellichick.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #96
RatbirdExtreme
Water Boy

Member Number: 18912

Lets not forget Baltimore loves their jackass coaches. Brian Billick, anyone?

Anyway, for the last several years, Ive felt the Ravens were a SB contender every year. This is the first year in awhile I really dont feel that way. This may very well be the worst 8-2 team in NFL history. Not only am I sure BB would have won that game, Im pretty sure Batch would have won it as well. He has always done pretty well, even in losing efforts..

Im really not a trash talker, but I can't help myself on one issue. Those unis. Seriously, throwback or whatever you want to call them, they are an abomination. Right up there with the old school Houston Astro rainbow as the worst uniform of all time. And I know, throwback, long tradition dating back to the 20s, I get all that. But seriously?
RatbirdExtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #97
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
seriously? i didn't even think it deserved a penalty tbh. it was helmet to helmet but pretty weak
Yeah I agree that it was a bs penalty. Reed wasn't headhunting he was shoulder-checking as he likes to do. Unbelievable that the NFL is this soft. Also, only offensive players are protected. If a db gets speared and run over by a 245 pound rb thats just too bad.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #98
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatbirdExtreme View Post
Lets not forget Baltimore loves their jackass coaches. Brian Billick, anyone?

Anyway, for the last several years, Ive felt the Ravens were a SB contender every year. This is the first year in awhile I really dont feel that way. This may very well be the worst 8-2 team in NFL history. Not only am I sure BB would have won that game, Im pretty sure Batch would have won it as well. He has always done pretty well, even in losing efforts..

Im really not a trash talker, but I can't help myself on one issue. Those unis. Seriously, throwback or whatever you want to call them, they are an abomination. Right up there with the old school Houston Astro rainbow as the worst uniform of all time. And I know, throwback, long tradition dating back to the 20s, I get all that. But seriously?
At first, the throwbacks were kind of neat to me since they were so different. I liked them in the Redskins game, but seeing them in the Ravens game made me start to hate them. They are just flat out ugly as shit. Not to mention, our previous throwback with the yellow helmet was one of the nicest uniforms in the NFL. I wish it was our permanent uniform.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #99
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Yeah I agree that it was a bs penalty. Reed wasn't headhunting he was shoulder-checking as he likes to do. Unbelievable that the NFL is this soft. Also, only offensive players are protected. If a db gets speared and run over by a 245 pound rb thats just too bad.
I think the penalty was legit as he was running toward reciever and had PLENTY of time to go low and hit the waist!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #100
steelersforever58
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24184

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I can agree with that. It was "penalty worthy", because it was indeed helmet-to-helmet, but it was not a "dirty" hit. Ed Reed does NOT head-hunt.

I hate the Ravens, but I think that Ed Reed being suspended is an offing joke!!! Give him a fine (for hitting "too high"), but to suspend him... really???

Man I'm starting to think that Goodell is actually Vince McMahon.
No one hates the ravens more than I do. But in my opinion the hit did not deserve a penalty. What the league does not take into consideration is the contribution of the offensive players to these hits. In this case the helmet to helmet happens only because Sanders dips his head as Reed is getting ready to hit him. What are defensive players supposed to do aim for the ankles.
steelersforever58 is offline   Reply With Quote