Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #11
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Jets-Pats

Big changes need made over there. Ryan has led that team off the deep end - he's possibly the most stubborn head coach the NFL has ever seen in history - refusing to make changes that could shake things up or help the team......and also his stubborness to admit how terrible they are. This guy is unbelievable - i really don't know how the Jets ownership keeps him at the end of the year.
I don't think they'll fire him now - they'll wait until the end of the season...but i have no idea how you keep him on as the head coach.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #12
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Maybe not classless but Stupid to risk starters in a blowout. Maybe they lose other players like they lost last week in Gronk. High scoring games are not high entertainment in my opinion. I like good defense and quality offense not just high octane, fantasy point football. If we have learned anything over the years is this, well rounded teams with either a good defense or at least an opportunistic defense are more likely to win it all. Teams that live by the "I will score often" approach lose more "big" games than win.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,233 Times in 4,482 Posts
My Mood: Tired

I wouldn't say that it's classless in the case of a divisional rivalry, but risky to keep starters in late in the game. I do agree that these types of games are boring for everybody except for the fans of the winning team.

A team could win 5-10 games a year by 40 points and still not be the best team when it comes to playoff time.

I would like to add that the Patriots are just classless in general though.

Last edited by harrison'samonster; 11-23-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: dumbness
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #14
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I wouldn't say that it's classless in the case of a divisional rivalry, but risky to keep starters in late in the game. I do agree that these types of games are boring for everybody except for the fans of the winning team.

A team could win 5-10 games a year by 40 points and still not be the best team when it comes to playoff time.

I would like to add that the Patriots are just classless in general though.
Those are valid points. Just keep in mind injuries happen at any point in a game, just ask Ben (unless some of you think scoring 10 points is "classless"), or even Brady from that 2008 game. That was early in the first quarter if I recall. Did Gronkowski's injury have anything to do with the score in that Colts/Patriots game? Or was it just a freak accident on a point-after attempt?

I keep hearing "if you run up the score the other team will try to hurt your QB!" When is the last time that's happened? When is the last time Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or Peyton Manning have been knocked out by angry defenders after scoring more points? Did Ben get knocked out after the 2010 regular season finale against Cleveland (41-9 final score, the starters were responsible for 38 points)? Did he got knocked out after the Tennessee game last year when the Steelers clearly ran up the score on a deep bomb to Wallace in the final minutes?
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #15
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,045 Times in 880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Big changes need made over there. Ryan has led that team off the deep end - he's possibly the most stubborn head coach the NFL has ever seen in history - refusing to make changes that could shake things up or help the team......and also his stubborness to admit how terrible they are. This guy is unbelievable - i really don't know how the Jets ownership keeps him at the end of the year.
I don't think they'll fire him now - they'll wait until the end of the season...but i have no idea how you keep him on as the head coach.
"Fireman Ed" left the game at halftime and didn't come back.

That says it all. When a team plays so poorly that its Number One Fan leaves in disgust, it's time to make some changes.