Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #31
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,571 Times in 5,978 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: mike adams

ReFo: Ravens @ Steelers, Week 11

Sam Monson | 2012/11/20

Nightmare on Elm St.

The Steelers surrendered a reasonable amount of pressure, and the worst source was on the right side of their line where rookie right tackle Mike Adams simply couldn’t block Paul Kruger, who had a pair of sacks, three hits and five additional hurries from his 29 pass rushes. Despite a couple of missed tackles in the run game that hurt his grade, Kruger still finished with a +5.1 overall mark for his day’s work. Cris Collinsworth drew attention to the source of Kruger’s success during the game — an outstanding display of hand use during his rush. He was able to consistently beat Adams on contact by swatting the big tackle’s hands to the side and turning the corner against a bigger player whose leverage had been destroyed by one quick bit of hand fighting. You hear a lot about pass rushers needing to use their hands during their rushes. Watch this game from Kruger for a master class.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...elers-week-11/
Old 11-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #32
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
c'mon man... nobody is calling you a cancer to this board, so why dont you extend our ONLY starting rookie the same courtesey.

mike adams played the same he has all year, the only difference being the qb under center.
You're right he has played the same all year, in fact he's played the same since week one pre season..... No progression, dudes a flunky.

Sorry I'm not a top contributor to the board like you. I have a life.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #33
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,698 Times in 4,776 Posts

He's a rookie tackle playing on the opposite side he played in college before he's fully ready. Saying he's a "cancer to the line" is unbelievably stupid. He's progressing nicely, but doesn't have that quick first step yet because he's a rookie. If Miller chips and heads off into his route, Adams is fine. He just needs help with the first second or so and he's fine. He did a great job with Kerrigan, but struggled with Tuck and Kruger. That being said, there's many, many tackles that struggle with Kruger and especially Tuck - one of the leagues best pass rushers.

Give him time. Calling him a cancer is ridiculous.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #34
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,244 Times in 4,487 Posts
My Mood: Tired

overall the line is coming together and playing very well. I saw Adams having big trouble against the Ravens, but hopefully he'll learn from it

In the meantime I wonder what Flozell is up to these days.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #35
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
You're right he has played the same all year, in fact he's played the same since week one pre season..... No progression, dudes a flunky.

Sorry I'm not a top contributor to the board like you. I have a life.
Oh, yeah, posting like a real champ here. "Cancer"? Really?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #36
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Oh, yeah, posting like a real champ here. "Cancer"? Really?
Yeah really, cause he KILLS drives.

You know how many times I've read "CANCER of the locker room" on this site?

Gimmie a break........
Old 11-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #37
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
Thanked 1,119 Times in 536 Posts
My Mood: Drunk

I mean, he didn't come onto the scene and play like a Pro-Bowler like Pouncey, but cut the guy some slack. He's hardly a "cancer to the line." He heasn't been great but clearly you must not remember the days of Jonathan Scott, because Adams looks like freakin Joe Thomas when compared to him.

Adams will be fine.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #38
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

I hope ur right phantom. By the amount of playing time this guy has, I would assume by now that he shouldn't be allowing sacks just about every pass play where he don't have miller/rb there to help him.

The dude just looks awful to me. Two left feet, lazy, always let's men blow by him with minimal effort and falls for the same moves over and over and over and over.

He should be playing a tad smarter than he is by now. I don't see this guy being even average after 3 seasons of experience.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #39
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,467 Times in 1,636 Posts

Miller, I know that what you see is the plays that Adams gets beat and its unacceptable to you. But there are plays that he does quite well and has shown progression since the preseason...its just that they dont get hilighted on TV by the announcers.

So many people thought we got a steal when we got Adams and he was going to start at LT right away. I had my reservations as I saw his inconsistent play at Ohio St and lack of strength. I maintain that if Adams learns better hand placement, gets stronger and works on a consistent pass set....the guy can be much better than Max Starks has ever been.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #40
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Miller, I know that what you see is the plays that Adams gets beat and its unacceptable to you. But there are plays that he does quite well and has shown progression since the preseason...its just that they dont get hilighted on TV by the announcers.

So many people thought we got a steal when we got Adams and he was going to start at LT right away. I had my reservations as I saw his inconsistent play at Ohio St and lack of strength. I maintain that if Adams learns better hand placement, gets stronger and works on a consistent pass set....the guy can be much better than Max Starks has ever been.
I think the first thing he should work on is the mental aspect of it. When I see an end lined up in front of him, I don't know what Adams is thinking but he always seems to look and move in the wrong direction and the D-End blows by him then Adams tries to play party cake with him to stop the rush which never happens. It's almost reminds me of a bad quarterback who decides that he is going to throw to a certain player before the ball is snapped. Then throws an INT.

I've seen Adams make some decent blocks and I've seen him make lots of TERRIBLE attempts at what I guess I'll call a block. It doesn't take play by play analysis to notice things on the field unless it's in the secondary. I don't base my judgement of a player or team based on what analysts say or what any board member says. I understand he's a rookie and he ain't gonna be perfect, but all I have to say is this guy probably put his hand on the stove 15 times before he started believing it was hot, then continues to check annually to make sure it's still hot. Slow, and lazy learner, who's mental strength and abilities match his physical.