Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #21
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,844 Times in 2,166 Posts
Default Re: Bruce Arians Is Thankful He Was Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
This from the always charming BA

Arians took a little shot at the Steelers and Tomlin when asked on Wednesday what he’s thankful for this year.

I am thankful for the Pittsburgh Steelers letting me go to be here,” Arians told Phil Richards of the Indianapolis Star. “Truthfully, I couldn’t think of a better place to be at this point in time and to have felt more needed probably in my entire life. So, thank you Pittsburgh.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...mlin-steelers/

For once Arians and I agree - I also am thankful he was fired
So he admits to being shit canned and not retiring. Looks like the Rooney's let you save face after they booted your ass out under the guise of retirement.

Then there's this little nugget of classiness from brucie after being canned from the clowns.

Quote:
“Our head coach lost the game,” Arians said. “He called off the dogs on defense. You just don’t let Tommy Maddox sit there and go against a prevent defense. He basically fired [defensive coordinator] Foge Fazio at halftime. Foge was blitzing. We had them beat. They knew we had them beat.”

Arians says Davis took over the playcalling at halftime and insisted the team play his prevent defense.

“I don’t care what anyone says. I was on that sideline,” Arians said.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-these-years/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #22
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
So he admits to being shit canned and not retiring. Looks like the Rooney's let you save face after they booted your ass out under the guise of retirement.

Then there's this little nugget of classiness from brucie after being canned from the clowns.
Yup - def a trend with this ass-hat. I'm not bitching just to bitch now () - this is his MO.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #23
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
This from the always charming BA

Arians took a little shot at the Steelers and Tomlin when asked on Wednesday what he’s thankful for this year.

“I am thankful for the Pittsburgh Steelers letting me go to be here,” Arians told Phil Richards of the Indianapolis Star. “Truthfully, I couldn’t think of a better place to be at this point in time and to have felt more needed probably in my entire life. So, thank you Pittsburgh.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...mlin-steelers/

For once Arians and I agree - I also am thankful he was fired
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
What Indy has done is very impressive....The Steelers have plenty of cupcake wins too.

No, its not. Wait and see...

If you compare this colts season to last year when they purposely shit the bed to get a top pick, then yeah...... I guess it's its an " impressive" turn around. But, I think they are playing right where they should be at this point. Beating average/ sub average teams, and losing to good teams. By no means very impressive though.

BTW, I've never said we were knocking playoff teams dead left and right either.....
Old 11-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #24
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
No, its not. Wait and see...

If you compare this colts season to last year when they purposely shit the bed to get a top pick, then yeah...... I guess it's its an " impressive" turn around. But, I think they are playing right where they should be at this point. Beating average/ sub average teams, and losing to good teams. By no means very impressive though.

BTW, I've never said we were knocking playoff teams dead left and right either.....
you know what, I'd like to hear more about why in the world we have to play any division opponent twice in 3 weeks. I don't care if we won - I still don't want that.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 11-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #25
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 23,027 Times in 9,396 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
they should make a sitcom out of his character. him or Rex Ryan
Announcer voice:

"This fall, on the WB, it's a wacky sit-com staring two of the wackiest wack-jobs in the NFL. Can you guess what they're going to say next??? We bet that you can't!!!

RR: Hey, where's my foot cream?
::laugh track::
BA: Hey, I'm a big boy head coach now!!!
RR: Really?... who died???
BA: Oops! Did I just put my foot in my mouth?... or, in YOURS???
RR: We're so wacky!!!

It's 'Wack-Job Blabbermouths'... only on the WB."
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-23-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #26
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Announcer voice:

"This fall, on the WB, it's a wacky sit-com staring two of the wackiest wack-jobs in the NFL. Can you guess what they're going to say next??? We bet that you can't!!!

RR: Hey, where's my foot cream?
BA: Hey, I'm a big boy head coach now!!!
RR: Really?... who died???
BA: Oops! Did I just put my foot in my mouth?... or, in YOURS???
RR: We're so wacky!!!

It's 'Wack-Job Blabbermouths'... only on the WB."
I like it - except after it wins 1 award because the other star carried BA, it will eventually fail because the formula will become stale - they'll have to find BA's replacement - ala Ashton Kutcher - and we'll see a BA roast where he'll say it was everyone else's fault the show went downhill

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 11-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #27
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,280 Times in 4,126 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
you know what, I'd like to hear more about why in the world we have to play any division opponent twice in 3 weeks. I don't care if we won - I still don't want that.
that does seem pretty bogus. I don't know what the NFL was thinking with that decision. They know that these are going to be violent, hard hitting games. Add another brutal rivalry for the Steelers between those two. I don't care what people say about the Browns, this game coming up is going to be hard hitting.

Almost makes you think they're trying to take these two teams out by having them kill each other. What did the Ravens have 4 games in something like 20 days at the beginning of the year?

Player safety my ass.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #28
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,521 Times in 675 Posts

I still do not understand why so many people hate Arians so much.

5 straight winning seasons, four of those with double-digit wins, two Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win. If Haley posted an identical record in the next five years, would he "suck" too?

Maybe Arians will never be a Hall of Fame coach, but I'd hardly call him a bad or incompetent coach.

Why do you hate him so much?
Old 11-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #29
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,280 Times in 4,126 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

first off, getting rid of the fullback. second, bubble screens (unfortunately that's continued under Haley). Not using Miller as a receiver. Not using Mendenhall as a receiver. Using a tight end as a fullback. Not protecting Ben. poor game plans.

His comments off the field never helped him either.

I agree that he's not a terrible coach, he just wasn't good for Pittsburgh.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #30
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I still do not understand why so many people hate Arians so much.

5 straight winning seasons, four of those with double-digit wins, two Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win. If Haley posted an identical record in the next five years, would he "suck" too?

Maybe Arians will never be a Hall of Fame coach, but I'd hardly call him a bad or incompetent coach.

Why do you hate him so much?
i don't give arians credit for any success they may have had. dick lebeau's defense and roethlisbergers ability to turn chicken shit into chicken salad deserve all the credit.
had ben drew up plays in the dirt with a stick the results woulda been the same.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
tony hipchest (11-23-2012)