Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #101
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383
Default Re: Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Well I think it clearly shows that the only way the Ravrns have any chance of beating us is when we have our 2nd and 3rd strings in.

It has been a completely different season without Troy, Mendenhall has been hit or miss, Clark has been in and out, now Bens out and the list goes on with the injuries. When we are healthy you have not been able to beat us when we are strong. Thats why we have 6 SB wins and Baltimore hasn't finished since 2000.

So Ray Lewis is out...big deal. He's one guy. We have several KEY players that are out. Let us get our bearings and our players back so it's a fair game and you won't beat the Steelers.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #102
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
Well I think it clearly shows that the only way the Ravrns have any chance of beating us is when we have our 2nd and 3rd strings in.

It has been a completely different season without Troy, Mendenhall has been hit or miss, Clark has been in and out, now Bens out and the list goes on with the injuries. When we are healthy you have not been able to beat us when we are strong. Thats why we have 6 SB wins and Baltimore hasn't finished since 2000.

So Ray Lewis is out...big deal. He's one guy. We have several KEY players that are out. Let us get our bearings and our players back so it's a fair game and you won't beat the Steelers.
Well um you have lost 3 straight to us, and I seem to remember seeing Ben at QB for two of those 3? Look - you can draw whatever conclusions give you a warm fuzzy, but a rational person looking at recent history would hardly come to the conclusion that "the only way the Ravrns have any chance of beating us is when we have our 2nd and 3rd strings in."

That is just silly. Truth is the teams are very closely matched and on any given day you never know who will win.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #103
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Well um you have lost 3 straight to us, and I seem to remember seeing Ben at QB for two of those 3? Look - you can draw whatever conclusions give you a warm fuzzy, but a rational person looking at recent history would hardly come to the conclusion that "the only way the Ravrns have any chance of beating us is when we have our 2nd and 3rd strings in."

That is just silly. Truth is the teams are very closely matched and on any given day you never know who will win.
I honestly think the ravens are NOT as good as they used to be! Im feeling an upset in sunny SD Sunday and feel great about going into balty and picking up a win!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #104
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
I honestly think the ravens are NOT as good as they used to be! Im feeling an upset in sunny SD Sunday and feel great about going into balty and picking up a win!
Ya know ... I don't know. Certainly it has not been a dominating 8-2 performance, you can make the argument we are lucky to be where we are. I guess if you're a Ravens fan you might point out that the defense seems to have really shored up since the bye week. We have a new DC this year and there has been a pattern of early-season difficulties on D when that happens. Generally things have gotten better later in those years.

There's always more to it when you look closely, I guess. I think there is a tendency to look at your own team and find lots of reasons why things are better than they seem but not to do the same for opposing teams. There are reasons to be optimistic in Baltimore just as there are reasons to be optimistic in Pittsburgh.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #105
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261

Quote:

Not quite. In 2011 the Ravens were clearly a superior team to the Steelers. This year despite their superior record I'm not so sure about that.

The Ravens should've come into Heinz Last Sunday and stomped the Steelers, instead it took a Punt Return and Byron Leftwich's incompetence to beat them.

The Ravens are a good team, and I have to respect that, but the 8-2 record of theirs is misleading, just like last year's Steelers. The Steelers went 12-4 last year, but watching them, they should've went 10-6.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #106
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,119 Times in 3,038 Posts

If I were a Ravens fan (excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth), I would be happy about the win, but definitely not proud of it.

The Ravens are a good team, I do have respect for them. I'm going to miss Lewis when he's gone. I love the excitement of the games between the Steelers and Ravens. But I get sick of hearing excuses from Harbaugh, and hearing Flacco talking about himself as "elite." If it weren't for those two, the Ravens could be real contenders.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #107
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Not quite. In 2011 the Ravens were clearly a superior team to the Steelers. This year despite their superior record I'm not so sure about that.

The Ravens should've come into Heinz Last Sunday and stomped the Steelers, instead it took a Punt Return and Byron Leftwich's incompetence to beat them.

The Ravens are a good team, and I have to respect that, but the 8-2 record of theirs is misleading, just like last year's Steelers. The Steelers went 12-4 last year, but watching them, they should've went 10-6.
That argument goes both ways though. You guys lost to Oakland and TN, had a hard time with KC, and Ben was healthy for both losses. Any team - even Houston - you can cherry-pick through their record and convince yourself they are not as good as their record suggests. Certainly a Ravens fan who wants to convince themselves they are better than you this year has evidence to support that viewpoint. Really, it comes down to how much you want to rationalize to make yourself feel better.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #108
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 6,849 Times in 2,972 Posts

Quote:
That argument goes both ways though. You guys lost to Oakland and TN, had a hard time with KC, and Ben was healthy for both losses. Any team - even Houston - you can cherry-pick through their record and convince yourself they are not as good as their record suggests. Certainly a Ravens fan who wants to convince themselves they are better than you this year has evidence to support that viewpoint. Really, it comes down to how much you want to rationalize to make yourself feel better.
my favorite Bill Parcells quote:

"You are what your record says you are"
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #109
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
my favorite Bill Parcells quote:

"You are what your record says you are"
Until you are the wild card World Champion Steelers or the 9-7 Giants who win it all....its a nice line but it doesn't mean anything....
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #110
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,119 Times in 3,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Until you are the wild card World Champion Steelers or the 9-7 Giants who win it all....its a nice line but it doesn't mean anything....
I think once you get into the playoffs it doesn't matter. I guess it's really just to measure teams leading up to the playoffs, and take bragging rights.

You're right though, everything goes back to 0-0 once the playoffs come around.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote