Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #41
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,217 Times in 1,272 Posts
Default Re: Bruce Arians Is Thankful He Was Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I still do not understand why so many people hate Arians so much.

5 straight winning seasons, four of those with double-digit wins, two Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win. If Haley posted an identical record in the next five years, would he "suck" too?

Maybe Arians will never be a Hall of Fame coach, but I'd hardly call him a bad or incompetent coach.

Why do you hate him so much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
first off, getting rid of the fullback. second, bubble screens (unfortunately that's continued under Haley). Not using Miller as a receiver. Not using Mendenhall as a receiver. Using a tight end as a fullback. Not protecting Ben. poor game plans.

His comments off the field never helped him either.

I agree that he's not a terrible coach, he just wasn't good for Pittsburgh.
Lets not forget....
Publicly acknowledging that he felt no need to practice for 4-3 defenses

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #42
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
There aren't many Offensive Coordinators who have the opportunity to be mentored by three fantastic young QBs. He's one lucky dullard.
HA! even though steelersfever dont have a "post of the month for a million bucks award" i officially nominate this post for a million bucks.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #43
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

a few people cant understand the "arians hate" which is really no more than a respect of sound business decions, and a desire to not settle for mediocrity on offense and protect the teams best interests going forwatd. i get that.
Well, I guess you're right if one considers five winning seasons and two Super Bowl appearances "mediocre".
While it may be true that Dick LeBeau's Defense (genuflecting) had much to do with that, I'm pretty sure that the offense - you know...the one coached by Arians? - had something to do with that as well (probably a little more, actually).

Unless of course you believe that Dick LeBeau's Defense (genuflecting) also scored the majority of points too.
steeltheone (11-24-2012)
Old 11-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #44
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion! Spear Toss Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
HA! even though steelersfever dont have a "post of the month for a million bucks award" i officially nominate this post for a million bucks.
Thank you but I'll settle for a hundred bucks and a beer!
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #45
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,114 Times in 3,036 Posts

Quote:
Well, I guess you're right if one considers five winning seasons and two Super Bowl appearances "mediocre".
While it may be true that Dick LeBeau's Defense (genuflecting) had much to do with that, I'm pretty sure that the offense - you know...the one coached by Arians? - had something to do with that as well (probably a little more, actually).

Unless of course you believe that Dick LeBeau's Defense (genuflecting) also scored the majority of points too.
straw men and red herrings. BA sucked with the Steelers and he sucks now. Nobody is arguing that the team was mediocre. Just BA. Nobody is saying anything about LeBeau's defense. Just that BA sucks.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #46
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:

Dick Lebeau's defense did contribute a touchdown and more than 100 yards in the only Superbowl win under Arians without which the Steelers have no Superbowl wins under Arians.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #47
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Arians is gone, we will now see how much success we have.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #48
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Dick Lebeau's defense did contribute a touchdown and more than 100 yards in the only Superbowl win under Arians without which the Steelers have no Superbowl wins under Arians.
Yes but isn't it ironic that in that one Super Bowl win, the OC who ended up losing was... (drumroll...) Todd Haley! (cymbal crash)

So let's check out the score:

Arians is 1-1 in Super Bowls while Haley is 0-1.
Of course if you add that Arians was the WR coach for Cowher in '05, that would make 2 SB wins.

And let's not forget that he was Peyton Manning's first QB coach and Manning turned out OK as did Ben and now Andrew Luck.

Hmmm...

Two of the best QB's in the business and now one who will likely join that list all coached by Bruce Arians.
Once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence but three times is a trend.

But hey, if you say he sucks, then I guess he sucks.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #49
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201

Quote:
Yes but isn't it ironic that in that one Super Bowl win, the OC who ended up losing was... (drumroll...) Todd Haley! (cymbal crash)

So let's check out the score:

Arians is 1-1 in Super Bowls while Haley is 0-1.
Of course if you add that Arians was the WR coach for Cowher in '05, that would make 2 SB wins.

And let's not forget that he was Peyton Manning's first QB coach and Manning turned out OK as did Ben and now Andrew Luck.

Hmmm...

Two of the best QB's in the business and now one who will likely join that list all coached by Bruce Arians.
Once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence but three times is a trend.

But hey, if you say he sucks, then I guess he sucks.

Omg, this was funnier than Teegres Rex Ryan/B. Arians bit.

Are you Bruce Arians Fansince72 ?
Old 11-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #50
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Well, I guess you're right if one considers five winning seasons and two Super Bowl appearances "mediocre"..
And with your logic I guess Charlie Batch is a large part of the reason for the same since he was here during that same time period?

While Charlie played a part in helping us out occasionally, he didn't have a direct impact on the vast majority of the games during that time any more than Brucie did. Sure, Bruce once in a blue moon pulled his head out of his ass long enough to call a competent game (last season's Pats game comes to mind), but they were very few and far between. By and large, the defense bailed his sorry ass out more often than not.

Considering the talent he had to work with we should have been a top 5 offense in the league and we were nowhere near that at any time during his tenure here. He was the main reason this offense underperformed for those 5 seasons. It has been rehashed here and plenty of other places ad nauseum with example upon example of his utter stupidity (not using a true fullback, underusing the RBs, not practicing for 4-3 defenses, forcing players to follow his schemes instead of building schemes around their strengths, etc., etc., etc.).

There's no denying that the offense is already performing better under Haley in less than one season than it was during the 5 seasons Airhead was here. That's not an accident, but the conception of B.A. was and his parents should be beaten for it.

Saying that Bruce Arians' offensive genius was a major reason why the Steelers were so successful the past 5 years is like saying the Baltimore Ravens rode the arm of Trent Dilfer to the Super Bowl XXXV Lombardi trophy.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.

Last edited by Buddha Bus; 11-24-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote